PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th October 2016

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oooo super duper double whammy parents evening tonight! Delighted with my mini's so proud mum alert! Feel free to skip this bit!

[gushes]
    DS has missed some school this term with hospital etc but he's caught up every time with no trouble, he's lovely to have in class, and is on target for achieving everything he needs to this year. DD is being her marvellous self, they've set up a new reading group called the "high flyers" for her and a few kids from her year - they will get 3 "challenge" sessions each week to really push them on with more advanced material. She's a gem in class and caring and supportive to her classmates. Teacher said she'd love a class full of DDs it would make her job so easy... Hmmm. Kind of contradicts that daft mare of a teacher from last term...
    [/gushes]

Have given the hall a good sort this aft - decluttered, floor cleaned (even behind the shoe cabinet :eek:) and dusted - oh my it needed it!

Just going to sort the kitchen then have a cuppa and listen to some reading...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2016 at 7:44PM
    Options
    Well done on having such fantastic children bossy they are a credit to you. We all knew that other daft mare was wrong

Hugs good wishes and coping vibes to all who need them.

Another busy day here, landing and stair carpet was fitted this morning, so landing bookcases were emptied dragged back into position and filled (with a few books finding their way into the CS bag.) have wrapped a load of family birthday and Christmas presents (sorry LW) that can be taken over to my mums tomorrow. Have put garden bench on supports and is now got its winter cover on. Just managed to get the washing in before it started raining.
    Got a storage unit from mils that fits perfectly into ds1s re laid out room, I just need to persuade him to get rid of some excess clothes and it will be about done. Did all the needed shredding and tidied DGS's toys away.
    He wants a lift to open mic in a bit and we have ds2 & gf watching Sherlock so think m going to call it a night and read a few pages.

Tomorrow's plan.
    Canvas needs hanging in ds2s room
    Light switch surround & replacement curtain pole in our room
    Tip run to get rid of old carpet and mils leaky water butt
    Take presents over to my mums and take her for dinner
    Rehang insect houses now fence is dry
    Put parasols table and chairs in shed for winter.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dinner done

Bossy well done to the kids on their work at school, so glad miss mo reading is where we all thought it was, and not as per other 'teacher'
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Bossy all credit to you, after everything you have been through to raise such well adjusted kids doing so well at school you must be very proud. And yay to pot removal before CPs!

Both lots of paid stuff, bit of shopping, gym class, everyone fed, kitchen cleaned and units swished. Oh and I have thoroughly scrubbed the tiles, floor and surfaces of the downstairs loo and washed the units and worktops in the utility. Utility room floor needs washing but I have run out of steam now.

Hoping tomorrow is dry so I can get some washing out.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely to hear your little chidlers are doing so well Bossy. They're a credit to you and rude raspberries to the other teacher who was so obviously wrong about your DD.

Glad you had a peaceful day Kaz - you always sound so busy, rushing about and working. Must've been a nice change x

Had a really good meeting with my builders today and actual work....you know, real actual building work starts on 31st October. Insurers have agreed in writing to pay our claim in full, which is just wonderful and today I'm tearful for all the right reasons.

[STRIKE]Slightly[/STRIKE] Hugely concerned that Small announced to his big bro (DSS) on the phone this evening, that we were all visiting the dinosaur museum (NHM) when he comes to stay at half-term. A round trip to Londinium on the train with my two is a kind of hell I'd not wish on other travellers...:eek: I may try to dissuade him/bribe him with an alternative activity, but I've got a feeling he's pretty set on going. Did I mention half-term...? It will be heaving...

You know my good mood? Hmmm.....
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done Minimoos and Bossy. X

Flying at parents' home today. X
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Feel free to gush Bossyyou can be proud.

Have dealt with 4 of the 'frog' folders; 1 was emptied and the contents binned, 3 others were consolidated into 1 after throwing out any pages not needed. Recycle box will be full this week.

- Washed up a load of pots and pans, cleared and wiped long kitchen top (not by putting it on short one; haven't done that one yet although I am gradually putting some of the clutter in the rightful home).
    - gathered up a load of windfall pears, made one pudding as a trial for friends coming to dinner on Sunday. Mr N approved. Still picking tomatoes from greenhouse.
    - went through supposedly updated pension details from last college; it has improved but they still have the dates wrong. How hard can it be as I worked there continuously for 10 yrs? They have put on 3 date ranges, non consecutive, with some gaps.
    - wrote half a report
    - up to date with emails but still have long task list from non-urgent ones. Sigh.
    - My time was catching up with Sunday Strictly over lunch; our time was sitting down with Mr N compiling photo book. Oh and we practised a couple of dances in the kitchen.
    - just putting together tomorrow's paperwork.

Tomorrow:
    - flu jab
    - one assessment to do
    - hopefully time to write up a bit more
    - probably pick up more pears
    - would be nice to run round with the vacuum cleaner
    - dancing class
    and who knows what else!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening folks

How super Bossy. You must be soo proud of your sprogs and it's great to hear they are both doing so well :T

Wow Mrs MP - you sound like you've achieved such a lot recently. Think you deserve a day-long me-time.

We have some good news as we are getting a new-to-us car this week. Long story short - we are getting a silver 2013 Dacia Laureate on Friday afternoon, hoping it will prove less money-eating and worrying than our present, quite old 'banger' :rotfl:

Btw - my me-times are my every-day Spanish lessons.

Blissful Bedroom
    Open the window and strip the bed.
    Leave it to air
    Remake the bed with fresh linen
    Vacuum the bedroom

Twinkling Tuesday - Kitchen Kapers & Dining delight
    Mop/wipe/sweep/vacuum the floor
    Extras
    Check your BAKING INGREDIENTS cupboard(s) and/or drawers
    Chuck out anything OOD
    Wipe it out
    while it's drying write your shopping list of any baking

Wonderful Wednesday Living room and hallway
    Ditch the clutter - b put it away/bin it as appropriate
    Give the sofas/chairs a thorough vacuum
    turn the seat cushion
    plump the cushions
    shake the throws
    Floors - clean as appropriate
    polish yout door number
    make the house look welcoming

Thrilling thursday bathroom
    bath - clear clutter; clean thoroughly,
    wash any shower curtain
    basin and window
    wipe and polish and shine
    dont forget under the plugs
    Clean the loo insode and out
    clean the floor

Lots of hugs, sticks and spoons for anyone needing some
    Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs good wishes and posi/coping vibes to all who need them
    Dizzy so pleased for you that the light at the end of the tunnel is appearing brighter and you now have a date for real proper building works to start.
    Hope everyone gets their lists and plans achieved today - I've added cleaning flies out of lounge light shades to mine as noticed last night they are minging.
    Have a good day all.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • TheDragonLady
    Options
    Hello, playing catch up because I ended up working on orders all day and then out in the evening yesterday.
    Sounds like you all get a lot more done in your days than I do!

Today's list;

Twinkling Tuesday - Kitchen Kapers & Dining delight
    Level One
    Completely clear the worktops
    Wipe down small appliances (toaster, kettle, juicer...)
    Wipe down the splashbacks and tiles and tops
    Put back what needs to be there

Level Two - you've got some front
    cupboard doors aka fronts top to bottom including handles and kickboards
    Mop/wipe/sweep/vacuum the floor
    S&S the bathroom
    Fling boogie - get a bin bag and fill it

Wonderful Wednesday Living room and hallway
    Ditch the clutter - put it away/bin it as appropriate
    Give the sofas/chairs a thorough vacuum
    floors - clean as appropriate

+ Make new orders
    Update Etsy
    Networking & promo
    Laundry
    Post Office trip
    Shopping trip for winter PE kit and school tights
    Get rid of the dog poo somebody left right next to our side gate, ugh.

If I get all this done it'll be a miracle! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport