NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    calling - how awful about that lady, I'm very glad you didn't find her.

Furrybeast - great news about your job but :eek: to the commute.

Get well wishes to everyone else.

I did a grocery shop yesterday and am well within budget for this month.

DD had 4 teeth out yesterday afternoon so I have kept her home today whilst the blood clots form properly. She was incredibly brave. She has 2 more out in a few weeks, this is all in preparation for her braces going on at the end of November.

I have cycled this morning and was very pleased to get back home before the heavens opened, will walk the dog later and do some work too.

Bless her Dolly that's brave of her. Hope she's doing ok.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD number 6 yesterday and no plans to spend today either. Roll on 3pm :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

Yesterday was a LSD. £2 on lunch - damn. It'll also be the same again today unfortunately. Time just runs away from me to prepare. I think I might batch cook and then freeze things. Much easier.
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's a few days since I last posted, but it's still going well and I've racked up a couple more of sfds.

I've been making plenty of soup with mostly home grown veggies and still working my way through the freezer. The hm bread is still ongoing and the slow cooker is coming into its own. But having said that I have been making some twinks and other goodies so eating wise I'm not that virtuous!!!!

Today I'm staying in, a lazy day with a bit of sewing, reading and tv getting ready for the onslaught of looking after dgc and having them overnight (love them all really!!) And then Sunday I have a bit of tidy up to do in the garden if it's not raining.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh and I've been out walking a few times
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • Poppy3008
    Options
    Well, its all gone to pot. I have massively overspent already and not achieving anything this thread was supposed to make me!!
    Still only 2/30 NSD (I mean that's appalling!)
    Exercise - had a vile cold this week so not much more than walking the dog (OK, that's a result)
    Food - budget non existing now for this and not a 5 a day in sight!! Maybe I should eat the pears sitting in the fruitbowl.
    Lunch - even managed to fail at that - went to shop for extras as feeling sad and sick and wanted to cheer myself up! Poor excuse.
    Cannot remember what the mini challenge was this week but pretty sure I have not done it!
    Have donated again to the Food Bank this week.
    No Christmas cakes made yet !
    OK - as I now feel more human I need to get back on track.
    I shall aim for 5 NSD until end of month. not much but might as well be realistic. Though as the bank account is nearly empty not sure what I can actually spend!
    I shall do a meal plan and shopping list.
    I hope this month improves!!!
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Calling your boss sounds like he has a bad case of Affluenza, poor poppet.

"a psychological malaise supposedly affecting young wealthy people, symptoms of which include a lack of motivation, feelings of guilt, and a sense of isolation."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Brilliant Bob.:T
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quick post from me work mega busy.

Spent yesterday bought few plants to replace ones got trampled on when putting fence up last weekend. Spent afternoon digging and planting, not sure brilliant with my knee. Was really sore this am.

Today I will carry on spending going to get ingredients for my xmas cake, so hopefully can make it Sunday.

SFD are static at 7 but hope to gain 1 at least over the weekend.

No plans hopefully get out and about tomorrow with gs but other than that quiet one and save some pennies.

Dolly - poor little one 4 teeth how horrid for her. Hope the tooth fairy paid well.

Have a lovely weekend folks enjoy autumn colors x
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    14 October

Evening All

Had a fairly healthy day. Had my intake of fruit but should probably have had more vegetables. Think I'll have an apple to make up for it. No alcohol.

Went for a walk. The trees look beautiful just now.

Bought everything for son's lunches next week plus some more grapes and bananas and milk etc. I'm hoping we shouldn't need to buy very much (if anything) during the week if I can keep C under control.

I have made a to do list which is getting longer by the minute. Have to start ticking off some things tomorrow and make a real effort to get to grips with things. Don't think I'm out of holiday mode yet.

Siebrie – Thanks for the tip. We'll try that later although I think the cough is beginning to ease slightly (Thank goodness).

Rafael – Which survey site are you using. ? Maybe someone could suggest which one' are best.

Have a good weekend,
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Poppy3008 wrote: »
    Well, its all gone to pot. I have massively overspent already and not achieving anything this thread was supposed to make me!!
    Still only 2/30 NSD (I mean that's appalling!)
    Exercise - had a vile cold this week so not much more than walking the dog (OK, that's a result)
    Food - budget non existing now for this and not a 5 a day in sight!! Maybe I should eat the pears sitting in the fruitbowl.
    Lunch - even managed to fail at that - went to shop for extras as feeling sad and sick and wanted to cheer myself up! Poor excuse.
    Cannot remember what the mini challenge was this week but pretty sure I have not done it!
    Have donated again to the Food Bank this week.
    No Christmas cakes made yet !
    OK - as I now feel more human I need to get back on track.
    I shall aim for 5 NSD until end of month. not much but might as well be realistic. Though as the bank account is nearly empty not sure what I can actually spend!
    I shall do a meal plan and shopping list.
    I hope this month improves!!!

Try not to beat yourself up lovely. Would you speak so harshly to a friend reporting those facts?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport