NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Options

Comments

• swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

I ended up having an unplanned NSD today, yipee! I intended to go to my weekly mother and toddler group that costs £1.50 but the little one decided to go for a long kip, so I never made it.

Healthy eating consisted of a banana and a yogurt.

I received £1.40 from Quidco as cashback so I put that towards my credit card.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I dance because:
    -I did plenty of walking (14k+ steps)
    -I got several tasks completed
    -I went for my annual blood test (and had a lovely chat with the nurse who was most impressed with my veins!)
    -I knitted some of dd's cardi - if I don't crack on with it, she'll have grown again and I'll have to undo it all)
    -I had a go at making ice cream
    -I tried out Buddhify, but prefer Headspace so will pay for a year's subs
    -I went to dd's parent's evening and had a good chat with her teacher
    -I have eaten about 4 veg and 3 fruit
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all

Echo Toni's Friend in hoping all the sick turtles are on the mend! Loads of people sniffing and spluttering at work as well!

I'm souping it again tonight - been using soup that's already in cupboard but will try apple muncher's recipe at weekend as it sounds lovely. Will also count towards trying a new thing! Also had banana, apple and two satsumas (but one rather unhealthy "cronut" that was bought for me!).

I forgot to add another spend on yesterday's list - I took out a Times subscription which will work out cheaper than buying it daily. And does this add towards making some money? :D

Also NSD today apart from budgeted things - paper and also renewed my annual contents insurance - managed to save £27 on last year plus years supply of two for one cinema tickets! :j

So doing better today!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay. Looks like my job is going to work out. On my terms. He's even agreed to a microwave in the office so I can take lunch every day (cold office in an industrial area - I was going to be resorting to the greasy spoon of pot noodles)

2 days in the office (95 mile daily commute) and 1 day WFH. But got my asking salary and a pension contribution agreed.

Got to stock up the freezer on soups and get some microwave porridge - Hot breakfast when I arrive after going to the gym first thing.

Not doing well on NSD's. After a great start, this chest infection has left me very weak and lacking in backbone to walk past the comfort food. Had to go in for mik today and bought loads of cr*p. Must do better.

Exercise has gone out the window.

Grump, grump, grump.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    x_raphael_xx I love candles too (tried to persuade myself I can manage with last year's leftovers but still looked in a couple of charity shops on Saturday. Love the Ninja Turtle colouring book.

thrifty enjoy Pitlochry.

swimming hope the baby lets you sleep soon.

Speky made me want omelette - I have loads of eggs just not much to put in it.

Calling hope the leg improves soon.

Toni's friend enjoy your new recipes.

Fmess sorry work is so stressful again.

apple lots of good news.

seaside well done on the insurance savings.

FurryBeastOz glad the job is working out.

I got up today and went to counselling and crafts. Took me 3 hours to gt ready (one hour was gathering various crafty bits together) and had to get the bus there, walked to the library to extend loan period on all my books and then across to the bus stop.

Crafts was a lot of fun but I asked them to phone for a taxi to get me home. I had a suggested solution to one participant's problem but she had already gone too far with the wip so did a 'fix' from where she was. Ideas I have jotted down/ scrapbooked were very well recieved. I now have to go back to the place with the red leaves and gather lots more.

I am pleased that it is helping my get back into 'creative' mode but need to make sure I don't overdo things especially as some people will need a lot of assistance (one woman is blind, another is in a wheelchair and can only use oe of her hands). Hopefully the preparation will help with that.

Today I am grateful for sandwiches (and other simple food), for laughing with friends and for getting the washing in just as it started to rain. Sleep soon (will fix this sleep pattern).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No SFD as I had time to go to a local aldee and get a few bits to see me through next week hopefully.

calling how sad about the lady

morhernerd well done on helping so many others
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Calling your boss sounds like he has a bad case of Affluenza, poor poppet.

"a psychological malaise supposedly affecting young wealthy people, symptoms of which include a lack of motivation, feelings of guilt, and a sense of isolation."
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Go you Mothernerd
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

No NSD for me yesterday but a well planned spend day.

I bought the remainder of my GF's birthday stuff and paid off the remaining balance (early) for our trip away next week, got some birthday decorations, card, wrapping paper and some groceries.

In saying that though, last night I was knackered and didn't manage to make myself a lunch for today, so I'll spend £2 today - damn!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    calling - how awful about that lady, I'm very glad you didn't find her.

Furrybeast - great news about your job but :eek: to the commute.

Get well wishes to everyone else.

I did a grocery shop yesterday and am well within budget for this month.

DD had 4 teeth out yesterday afternoon so I have kept her home today whilst the blood clots form properly. She was incredibly brave. She has 2 more out in a few weeks, this is all in preparation for her braces going on at the end of November.

I have cycled this morning and was very pleased to get back home before the heavens opened, will walk the dog later and do some work too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family