ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Great news on the invoice - and also on hubby's lightbulb moment :T.

Thanks GG, hope you're ok and behaving yourself :D I started re-reading your diary again the other day.... X
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks GG, hope you're ok and behaving yourself :D I started re-reading your diary again the other day.... X
    Oh dear, too much time on your hands :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I agree with GG, fantastic news on both fronts :T
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    YAY!! So pleased to hear that that invoice has been paid, I bet it's like a weight has been lifted!!! That's great news about DH too, it's so much easier knowing that you're both on the same page.

Have a lovely weekend!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Good morning

Gosh I've been a rubbish diarist! Not a huge amount to report other than plodding along, hoping to be in the next thousand bracket this week. Keeping an eye on the pennies so the pounds will look after themselves and all that jazz.

On that note I've cancelled a DD which was £22 a month, that's a bit more in the pot.

Keep well everyone
    ATB x
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,984 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just catching up. So glad you got that invoice paid :j
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thanks Watty, yes it is a huge weight off our minds.

Feeling frustrated with my lack of progress. Plodding is not my style, but we just don't have the spare funds at the moment that I had hoped for. Some money is due in between Christmas and New Year which will boost the OP pot, then again at the end of February.

I have, however, just OPd £70 which at this time of year isn't bad I suppose.

Can you tell I'm fed up of being in the 30s already :rotfl:
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    I'm fed up of being in the 20s, and I only got there this month. (Also didn't expect to get there this year at all, so I should be happy!)

Just goes to show you're always chasing that next milestone...good in a way, not so good in another. :)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Cheque paid in to the bank - £50 which we will OP when it clears. Also cancelled another direct debit which we no longer *need* so that is more money in the pot.

Feeling a bit "meh" - off for a sit down x
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 28 December 2016 at 8:53AM
    Options
    I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas :)

Ours was pleasant, if not a little hectic, and I must confess to looking forward to taking down the decorations!

DH has gone into work today - he is is exhausted and aching, I wish he could have some more time off but needs must.

Our plan for 2017 has been formulated and is very simple - get the mortgage down to five figures! We are limited to a 10% cap on OPs so this will be partly done by overpaying, and the rest will be saved up ready to OP once the cap is lifted in January 2018.

It sounds mad but I actually think it is emminently doable :o. We have already decided we won't be going abroad this year, preferring to do staycations instead. eBay will be used for selling only, not buying, and the food budget is reigned in.

We received some money for Christmas which DH has asked that we OP :T so that's £375 to OP when the cheque clears.

This year I also vow to move more and eat less! I could do to lose a stone at least, and with a little effort this is also easily done.

So, off we go! Thanks for the support, laughter and friendship you have all shown me, I hope you'll be by my side as we embark on this crazy year ahead!

Best wishes
    ATB x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure