Eon - Customer loyalty??

Options

Comments

• richard_3095
    richard_3095 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 October 2016 at 8:44PM
    Options
    I think it's likely EON will be ditched by me. Now that I'm not using gas, I don't think EON will offer me a single fuel tariff. I think they will only offer a duel fuel one, where I'll pay £65 gas standing charges, when I'm using no gas. It's seems to be the case that EON are saying "We will remove your gas meter, at your cost - then you can have a single fuel deal". Crazy, IMHO.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    E.ON supply my electricity, EDF supply my gas. No problems here. Are you still in a fixed term deal ?
  • richard_3095
    edited 10 October 2016 at 11:21PM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    E.ON supply my electricity, EDF supply my gas. No problems here. Are you still in a fixed term deal ?

I've started off with a duel fuel deal - E.ON EnergyPlan. "Prices are not fixed." I can cancel at any time and there is no plan end date. It was a fair deal, until I've had my gas capped. Because I'm paying £65 pa, standing charge when gas usage is zero.

I think EON site itself shows I'm on their best deal, even with zero gas usage. But, surely I could do better. I might if EON would put me on a single fuel deal, but their system does not come up with such a deal. If that is the case, I would have a problem having EON supplying electricity and another supplier supplying gas.

Assumed electricity consumption: 3100 kWh Assumed gas consumption: 257Kw. I'm a small energy user.

The way the conversation was going it seemed to be that EON was saying, have us remove your gas meter (at my expense) then there will be no gas standing charge. Frankly- idiotic - IMHO.
  • Tertiian
    Tertiian Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2016 at 1:34AM
    Options
    Hope this proves useful/helpful? The DT are gathering interested parties for a collective deal they are putting together on energy. Supplier/rates not yet known, but they say they will notify by 1 Nov.

The unique tariff will only be available to those who register. Friends and family can also join and get access to the exclusive deal.

From the 1st November the winning deal/s will be available at bigtelegraphswitchdotcom. They will contact you with details.

Register interest at BigTelegraphSwitchdotcodotuk or by calling 0800 542 7159
  • molerat
    edited 11 October 2016 at 10:05AM
    Options
    I've started off with a duel fuel deal - E.ON EnergyPlan. "Prices are not fixed." I can cancel at any time and there is no plan end date. It was a fair deal, until I've had my gas capped. Because I'm paying £65 pa, standing charge when gas usage is zero.

I think EON site itself shows I'm on their best deal, even with zero gas usage. But, surely I could do better. I might if EON would put me on a single fuel deal, but their system does not come up with such a deal. If that is the case, I would have a problem having EON supplying electricity and another supplier supplying gas.

Assumed electricity consumption: 3100 kWh Assumed gas consumption: 257Kw. I'm a small energy user.

The way the conversation was going it seemed to be that EON was saying, have us remove your gas meter (at my expense) then there will be no gas standing charge. Frankly- idiotic - IMHO.
    You are obviously asking the wrong questions then. The front line staff are just telling you that you cannot get the SC removed whilst you have a meter installed. Just move your gas away. All you will lose is the dual fuel discount, the actual tariff will remain the same. Almost anything will be cheaper than EnergyPlan.
  • richard_3095
    edited 11 October 2016 at 10:48AM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    You are obviously asking the wrong questions then. The front line staff are just telling you that you cannot get the SC removed whilst you have a meter installed. Just move your gas away. All you will lose is the dual fuel discount, the actual tariff will remain the same. Almost anything will be cheaper than EnergyPlan.

I think the penny is dropping regarding meters: I thought a meter could not be associated with an account. But obviously every meter must come under some account or other.

It seems a bit drastic when gas is temporarily capped to have the meter removed, then when the need for gas arises someone to come and put the meter in again.

Not sure what my local council will say, they being my landlord.

I think Scottish Power will offer a better deal on the electricity and they will not apply a gas standing charge on the gas account.

Obviously it's impossible to only have a single fuel arrangement. Unless one meter is removed. Has this always been the case?

Obviously you can have single fuel deal, if you get gas and elect. from separate suppliers. But if you simply cap gas off, you still are required to have a duel fuel arrangement.
  • molerat
    edited 11 October 2016 at 11:36AM
    Options
    You can have just your gas, gas and electric or just electric supplied by whoever you wish. Just because you have 2 fuels you do not have to get them both from the same supplier. Admittedly there are many suppliers that will not supply gas only but there are also many who will. As I said before, get your gas from Ebico as a single fuel with no standing charge and then your electric from someone else. If your quoted gas use was correct they may well have been competitive when you were using it. Are you sure SP will provide a NSC tariff ? You need to put those figures into a comparison site and see what comes out.
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You certainly did make me laugh fredandwilma. Made a nice change after recent weeks. Must look at those collectives too. :)

Have a good weekend.

Malc

Hi Malc,

I trust you had a good break?

I'm interested to know which tariff you chose?

I suspect you may find it slightly quieter on here now as more complaints shift to British Gas. :D
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Malc,

I trust you had a good break?

I'm interested to know which tariff you chose?

I suspect you may find it slightly quieter on here now as more complaints shift to British Gas. :D

First day back today fredandwilma and just catching up. Mother's moved in with the wife and I so don't need to make any tariff decisions straightaway thankfully.

Worthwhile if stressful break thanks. :)

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tertiian wrote: »
    Hope this proves useful/helpful? The DT are gathering interested parties for a collective deal they are putting together on energy. Supplier/rates not yet known, but they say they will notify by 1 Nov.

The unique tariff will only be available to those who register. Friends and family can also join and get access to the exclusive deal.

From the 1st November the winning deal/s will be available at bigtelegraphswitchdotcom. They will contact you with details.

Register interest at BigTelegraphSwitchdotcodotuk or by calling 0800 542 7159

Hopefully it will be E.on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport