Eon - Customer loyalty??

Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello MABLE and yes this can be done but I need to make you aware of a couple of possible pitfalls.

There are no exit fees when moving from one E.ON tariff to another. These only apply when changing supplier and then if outside the Price Protection window (open 49 calendar days before a fixed term deal ends until 20 working days after). None of the tariffs currently available through our website have exit fees but these might be more expensive than your present deal.

Switching tariff and then supplier would take away the exit fees but could mean you'll be paying more for your energy whilst the switch goes through. Usually takes about two and half weeks although could be longer before the account is fully active. Depends on the supplier.

Once the new supplier applies to takeover, the account will be locked down and no tariff changes can be made. This happens very early in the switch so you'll need to be on the new tariff and possible higher prices before starting the switch.

Also, our tariffs can be withdrawn at any time and might not be available if you then apply to switch back.

You can certainly go down this route and you'll be treated as a new customer but please be aware of the above possibilities.

Hope this explains.

Malc

Hi Malc,

Very helpful and see where you are coming from. As I still have a while to go I'll review my situation nearer the time. As you you know I get excellent service from E.on and would be loathe to leave them.

BTW I am still paying the price of transferring to a small company even though I left about 2.5 years ago. So will dread very carefully from now on.

Thanks
    Mable.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're welcome MABLE. Happy to help. Glad we're looking after you too.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

There are no exit fees when moving from one E.ON tariff to another. These only apply when changing supplier and then if outside the Price Protection window (open 49 calendar days before a fixed term deal ends until 20 working days after). None of the tariffs currently available through our website have exit fees but these might be more expensive than your present deal.

Switching tariff and then supplier would take away the exit fees but could mean you'll be paying more for your energy whilst the switch goes through.
    Malc

Hi Malc

If we were to switch from our current E.on tariff (with exit fee) to one of E.on's tariffs without exit fees, is there a minimum time that we need to stay on the new tariff before we can initiate a switch to another supplier, without incurring the original exit fee?
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Morning ASavvyBuyer and no, there isn't a minimum time you need to be on any of our tariffs before starting a switch away. None of the tariffs currently on our website have exit fees so you're free to choose the best one for you whilst you switch. Switches usually complete in about two and half weeks.

You may not need to do this if your current deal is within the Price Protection window I mentioned to MABLE yesterday. This is open 49 calendar days before a fixed tariff ends until 20 working days after. Provided we're told, we'll keep you on the cheaper prices whilst the switch goes through. Exit fees also don't apply whilst in this window.

As above, once the new supplier applies to takeover, the account will be locked down and no tariff changes can be made. This happens very early in the switch so you'll need to be on the new tariff and possible higher prices before starting the switch.

Hope this helps ASavvyBuyer.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The BBC have just caught on to this 'scam'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04czf7x

Worth a listen, especially to the disgraceful nonsense from the Ofgem spokesman at the end of the piece.
  • LesU
    LesU Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    What you have to understand is that Ofgem need to encourage switching by as many customers as possible. If they championed low prices for existing customers, then those customers would not switch. Every time they need to justify their (expensive to the taxpayer) organisation, they pull out statistics on how many customers have switched and how much they have saved the public, albeit based on the most dubious of payment projections.
    It is therefore in their interest to encourage this practice of loyal customer exclusion to push people into moving supplier.
  • Micron
    Micron Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LesU wrote: »
    What you have to understand is that Ofgem need to encourage switching by as many customers as possible. If they championed low prices for existing customers, then those customers would not switch. Every time they need to justify their (expensive to the taxpayer) organisation, they pull out statistics on how many customers have switched and how much they have saved the public, albeit based on the most dubious of payment projections.
    It is therefore in their interest to encourage this practice of loyal customer exclusion to push people into moving supplier.
    I just can’t believe that Ofgem would try to justify their own existence by trying to manipulate statistics, that would be underhanded, devious and despicable, akin to an energy company trying to hide their best deals from their existing customers.
  • Tertiian
    Tertiian Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2016 at 9:39AM
    Options
    " As promised FOREVER21, all the comments from this and other threads have been sent to the relevant managers. Helena continued to do this in my absence.

This feedback has certainly been discussed at the top of the company. At the moment, there are no plans to withdraw these tariffs or to offer them to existing customers. We're always looking to develop our products and will continue to do this for both new and existing customers.

Can't tell you much more at the moment but will be happy to let you know if there are any changes in the future.

Malc"

I have just had the most blatant piece of hypocrisy fom EON - The 'We're sorry you're leaving us letter' ! -- Sheer Lies. THEIR policy decisions to get shot of long-standing customers (8 years) by pricing them out (30% increase - no access to competitive tariffs). As your reply above shows - it's a cynical commercial strategy and everything in their letter and on the website about customer ethos is pure BS. Credibility and reputation gone. Justify that
  • Richmc
    Richmc Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'M so fed up with the big energy companies I'm giving them the boot.
    I will not do business with any non British companies if I can avoid doing so. especially EON, not just French owned but French state owned.
    I have just switched to Green Energy, as I have solar and don't use that much electricity I have gone for a zero standing charge option I will be saving £80 a year! compared to EON, I will be buying power that is generated by renewable means, and I will be supporting a British company.

I urge anyone considering swapping supplier to search "who owns the power companies" look at the British owned companies and look at who their partner suppliers are.

My switch to Green Energy happens on the 31st and they also give free shares in the company! Happy days.

BTW have spoken to them with question regarding partners and eco credentials and each time I've called I couldn't have asked for more informative and pleasant conversations.

BUY BRITISH!
    Options
    Tertiian wrote: »
    " As promised FOREVER21, all the comments from this and other threads have been sent to the relevant managers. Helena continued to do this in my absence.

This feedback has certainly been discussed at the top of the company. At the moment, there are no plans to withdraw these tariffs or to offer them to existing customers. We're always looking to develop our products and will continue to do this for both new and existing customers.

Can't tell you much more at the moment but will be happy to let you know if there are any changes in the future.

Malc"

I have just had the most blatant piece of hypocrisy fom EON - The 'We're sorry you're leaving us letter' ! -- Sheer Lies. THEIR policy decisions to get shot of long-standing customers (8 years) by pricing them out (30% increase - no access to competitive tariffs). As your reply above shows - it's a cynical commercial strategy and everything in their letter and on the website about customer ethos is pure BS. Credibility and reputation gone. Justify that

Hello Tertiian and welcome to the Forums.

As promised in the quote you highlight, we've given feedback from this and other threads to those higher up the food chain. Today, we've announced the withdrawal of a particular tariff and a review of our entire product range. I've posted about this in another thread today at the link below.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546596

At this stage, I can't say what the implications of this decision will be but the feedback has had an impact. It's not for Helena or I to justify decisions taken by the business or to speculate about possible future developments. It's our task to acknowledge what's actually happened, explain the implications, help customers with specific issues and to report back on the impact of those decisions.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure