IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel/bw chasing my wifes carer

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I think that you should have a little more faith in the SRA to deal with these matters. They have a good record of dealing with the rotten apples in their midst.

Well young Deep, only time will tell ?
  • mowkid
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I think that you should have a little more faith in the SRA to deal with these matters. They have a good record of dealing with the rotten apples in their midst.

I sincerly hope you are right. If as is often suggested in this forum that there are dozens of complaints to SRA, surely they are looking at the precedural tricks rather than the Parking Charge aspect.
    I'm just a bit disappointed at the time scales they are quoting. My carers case has seven months to run to reach six years and I'm not that confident of stalling out bwlegal for that long.
    Do we have any reasonable estimate as to how many people have complained to SRA re bwlegal?
    If there is a large quantity I suppose they would want to go over them all before reaching a verdict.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    mowkid wrote: »
    I sincerly hope you are right. If as is often suggested in this forum that there are dozens of complaints to SRA, surely they are looking at the precedural tricks rather than the Parking Charge aspect.
    I'm just a bit disappointed at the time scales they are quoting. My carers case has seven months to run to reach six years and I'm not that confident of stalling out bwlegal for that long.
    Do we have any reasonable estimate as to how many people have complained to SRA re bwlegal?
    If there is a large quantity I suppose they would want to go over them all before reaching a verdict.

We all understand but with SRA we are dealing with a very slow system. We hope that within their slow system, they will object to their principals being abused by BWLegal

It is probably a huge shock to the SRA about BWLegal plus Gladstones, Wright Hassall and Miah.

Doubtful they have ever received so many complaints about rogue solicitors under their watch.

The bottom line is that if the SRA do not respond in a proper manner regarding these roques, we still have the power to ensure the SRA has no credibility.

Hopefully they will see sense, just wait

In the meantime any further correspondence from BWlegal should be reported to the SRA and BWLegal advised accordingly
  • Fixtrace6
    Options
    Identical letter. It's a template. I have replied pointing out all the mistakes. That is, I did write back which they have acknowledged and referred to in their subsequent letters. £54 could not have been displayed on every car park sign in the country in 2012. There was no IAS in 2012. That they make a reference to CPR but don't advise you to look it up. I have asked if it is really a LBC or LBA and if they claim it is could they repeat it with a proper one.
    As one of the threads said we are writing for the court. I think they have "boilerplated" so many of these they don't care about what is in them just that a certain % of people will give in and pay up. We could afford to pay this but damned if I will.
    Sorry i know you asked me a couple of days ago but have been busy. I just dip in now as I am not worried about it. If they decide to send court papers then I will sell tickets and make a fortune!!
    And I did send a complaint to SRA but haven't heard back yet as only recently done.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fixtrace6 wrote: »
    Identical letter. It's a template. I have replied pointing out all the mistakes. That is, I did write back which they have acknowledged and referred to in their subsequent letters. £54 could not have been displayed on every car park sign in the country in 2012. There was no IAS in 2012. That they make a reference to CPR but don't advise you to look it up. I have asked if it is really a LBC or LBA and if they claim it is could they repeat it with a proper one.
    As one of the threads said we are writing for the court. I think they have "boilerplated" so many of these they don't care about what is in them just that a certain % of people will give in and pay up. We could afford to pay this but damned if I will.
    Sorry i know you asked me a couple of days ago but have been busy. I just dip in now as I am not worried about it. If they decide to send court papers then I will sell tickets and make a fortune!!
    And I did send a complaint to SRA but haven't heard back yet as only recently done.

:T:T:T That's the spirit!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • mowkid
    mowkid Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Fruitcake.
    In my reply I pointed out that any assumed agreement to pay the £54, even if it was on the signs would be between the unidentified driver and Excel.
    However, Excel vacated that particular car park some years ago so I told them to produce photographic evidence of the signs in situ on that day signed by an independent witness. They could then present this to the driver if and when that person is identified.
  • Fixtrace6
    Options
    Look up the bwl website. They boast about sending out thousands of boilerplate letters, 26,000 in month one they claim. I used to have some respect for the legal profession. What do you think now?
    As I said you are writing for a judge. bwl do not read replies. They just continue with their blind steamroller. I am still thinking they might issue court papers because they work on percentages and if they lose a few they still have intimidated lots of others into paying up.
    But remember they never point you to the CPR or suggest ADR.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They call boiler-plate claims 'volume litigation' which is something that should be banned in this Country, IMHO.

A bully-boy litigating monster is not a business to be proud of:

http://www.bwlegal.co.uk/what-we-do/recoveries/

''We regularly issue in excess of 10,000 claims per month through the CPC. Our highest month to date exceeded 24,000 claims in one month, making BW Legal the number one volume issuer in the UK.''

''Minimal complaints – ensuring client brand protection'' Oh yeah?!

Shouldn't something as important as court claims NOT be allowed to be dealt with in volumes? Robo-claims should be against UK law.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mowkid
    mowkid Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've tried to confound every point made by bw in their letters thanks largely to your goodselves in giving your time.
    My Carer lady is getting a bit twitchy though as she sees the sort of sums that bw are trotting out.
    They do seem to increase with every letter. All have been forwarded to the SRA and bw informed of this.
    To try to put her mind at least a little bit at rest, is there a known case of bw taking anyone to the County court for something before the POFA where the driver was not identified?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    mowkid wrote: »
    I've tried to confound every point made by bw in their letters thanks largely to your goodselves in giving your time.
    My Carer lady is getting a bit twitchy though as she sees the sort of sums that bw are trotting out.
    They do seem to increase with every letter. All have been forwarded to the SRA and bw informed of this.
    To try to put her mind at least a little bit at rest, is there a known case of bw taking anyone to the County court for something before the POFA where the driver was not identified?

As yet we have yet to see any such case but it's early days.

I think we all realise that BWLegal did not do their homework re POFA and they will probably fall on their faces time after time because they actually don't know if they are taking the driver to court and when a lot of their rubbish turns up in court, the judge can place a marker on BWLegal alerting all judges
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure