IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel/bw chasing my wifes carer

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep...Marcus Jones at the DCLG is someone to contact, and your MP if you have not already.

Marcus Jones keeps telling the House that he is 'still considering' action re private parking firms so make it easier for him!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mowkid
    mowkid Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did that already but all I got was a quick note from a secretary to say that hye was considering it.
    In other words it was another laugh and tear up incident.
    He's just as useless as the rest.
  • mowkid
    Options
    No contact from bwlegal since I asked them for signed witnessed pictures of the signage in 2011.
    I have however been following the ASDA/Fleetwood saga with interest. I checked three car parks for planning permission on the Local Authority website and can't find a single one going back to 2005.
    I thought planning might be my fallback point if they come again with more demands
    There is a particularly nasty example here where Smart Parking have set up on a car park that was previously free after six pm and on Sundays. It adjoins a council one which still has the free periods and there are driveways in between the two.
    Unless you are in the know it is easy to fall foul of Smart and get a PCN, as another of my wifes carers has done. She is a nice Polish lady who didn't know the Smart area was different terms.
    I have had a look at the site and I notice that there are ANPR cameras now on a wall. I read somewhere that there is a maximum size for these cameras but can't remember where.
    I've got my area councilor looking into the planning permission bit.
  • mowkid
    Options
    Because I was unable to find any Planning Applications for signage for any of three car parks in my town invluding the one above, I sent a letter under the Fof I act to my local council asking amongst other things why they had allowed the signs to bo erscted without permission.
    Surprise surprise by some miraculous coincidence Smart Parking put in an application dated 15 days after my letter.
    I have been having a tusstle with the local authority as to why they don't demand that Smart remove the signs until permission is granted. They say that this can't be done as it would be construed as pre-judging the application.
    I have quoted the Fleetwood Asda case to them but they have demanded more cases of councils requiring removal or covering of signs.
    I was determined to strike this small blow on Smart but I fear I'm on the way to losing now unless somone can come up with a few examples of illegal sign removal or some other angle I can use..
    Anybody on the forum got an angle for me please.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No-one loses v Smart. Nothing to worry about, not litigious at all, at the time of typing this reply.

Is it appealed by the keeper and awaiting a POPLA code, or is it getting silly DRPlus letters and the Gladstones letter heading drivel discussed/ignored almost every day?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was determined to strike this small blow on Smart but I fear I'm on the way to losing now unless somone can come up with a few examples of illegal sign removal or some other angle I can use..
    Anybody on the forum got an angle for me please.
    Mowkid, your thread is becoming convoluted. I thought your case involved Excel/ BW Legal so I'm confused as to why you are now talking about Smart Parking?

If this is a separate case please start a new thread.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    MUI that OP is pursuing all PPCs in his/her area with undeclared signs, Smart being one of them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • mowkid
    Options
    Lamilad you are right. Excel was one of the PPC's and Smart another that I was writing to my local authority about.. I actually asked them about all the parks in my town as I couldn't find any applications on the council web site.
    Haven't heard anything for months now re my Care lady's case but i was using the boy scout maxim of be prepared just in case i needed another string to my bow in the defence.
    It's just tthat the application by Smart came up after I wrote.

Deep, Sorry I may be a bit dim here but MUI? and OP?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Deep, Sorry I may be a bit dim here but MUI? and OP?
    In case Deep is out soaking up the Costa Blanca sun:

MUI - My Understanding Is

OP - Original Post or Poster. (Surprised you didn't know this one, it's used in virtually every thread on here)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2017 at 10:58AM
    Options
    Soon Umko, but as yet still too cold to swim. Once I am there I shall be ROTFLMAO.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure