Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Happy new year by the way SSG :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone. The cards, stamps etc will go into the new 2018 Christmas budget on YNAB. Few less things to think about for next December. :)

This evening a few of us are seeing in the New Year at another friend’s flat. She has a wonderful view over the estuary so we will be able to watch all the fireworks going off.

I popped up to Waitrose today to get my contribution to the food bits for tonight. I’m getting the seafood so bought some salmon and cream cheese parcels, seafood cocktail in scallop shells, crab sticks and smoked salmon pate plus biscuits for the cheese. I’m also taking two half bottles of champagne that I have already waiting for the New Year!:D

I want to wish all the very best for 2018 to all my virtual friends on MSE who read my ramblings, especially those of you that take the time to post - I have had some wonderful advice and am always entertained by your comments. This year has been a rollercoaster ride for some of you - both positives and negatives - amongst these There has been marriage and birth (here’s looking at you Reality!), smashing your debt (Hairy), and holding everything together for the family (SA).

Dear friends (for that is how I see you all) thank you all and I do hope everyone has a very, peaceful, healthy and prosperous 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR and I’ll see you on the other side!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Happy new year to you too, hope you have a lovely evening.
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy New Year SS, have a wonderful 2018 :)
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year SSG!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,403 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh that was a bit like the Queen's Christmas Day speech SSG :)

Hope 2018 is a good one for you (and all of us really!).

Enjoy your evening xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Happy New Year

May all your hopes and dreams come true in 2018

Take care
    Pauline

Thank you for popping in on my thread, your support is so appreciated
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Loving the sentiments you said so well. May 2018 be kind to us all.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's lovely SSG :). I've appreciated your support when I've had tough times this autumn.

I hope you had a lovely new year's eve with your friends, it sounded lovely watching fireworks over the estuary :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind wishes. :hello:
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Ooh that was a bit like the Queen's Christmas Day speech SSG :)

Hope 2018 is a good one for you (and all of us really!).

Enjoy your evening xx

I have decided that one of my 2018 goals SA is to have a cut-glass accent, a corgi and a perm - hee hee! :D

Day One of 2018!

I had a nice time last night seeing (or drinking in!) the New Year - and the fireworks going off everywhere were spectacular. I got to bed about 1.40am so not too bad.

Today I slept in - unusual for me - the weather was truly awful today - teeming rain for most of the day so I didn’t venture out in the end - did want to start 2018 with a good walk but decided to stay indoors.

Ended up tidying up and dusting. I don’t take my deccies down till Twelfh Night, but put all the Xmas wrap, bags etc away. I read a good tip on the Flylady web a couple of years ago where you keep your rolls of wrap, bags in a suit cover - you know the type with a hanger - so I keep them all in here hung up in the wardrobe. It’s very handy for me as I don’t have much storage space.

Was thinking about goals for the New Year. First of my goals is:

A Healthy Me!

2017 was the year when I really began to feel my age! It’s my own fault - put on too much weight and not enough exercise. :(. I got on the scales this morning and I’ve gained 9lbs since the beginning of December. I know it’s been Christmas but that’s not good.

I think my confidence took a knock when I started with my personal trainer. It all went well but then my foot played up really badly and i realised that my body won’t bounce back as it would have done some years ago. At the moment my hip on the other side keeps twinging so that doesn’t bode well going forward.

Accordingly the plan is to take things a bit more gently than I have in the past. A bad trait of mine is to go gung ho into things and then stop when the initial euphoria has worn off.

I’m enjoying Pilates and my one on one sessions start again on Saturday. The group classes that I could attend were full but I’ve asked the Centre to let me know when a spot comes free. Im also going to walk more - take the stairs and do everything a little more briskly.

Diet wise I’m going back on the 5:2, stick to 1500 calories on other days, but have a treat meal at the weekend. If I have a special meal out I’ll also treat myself then. I find it quite easy to cut out alcohol so not a problem there.

Hopefully once the weight comes off a bit it will help my hip - also it would be great to come off the blood pressure tablets as well.

So that’s the plan - apart from the Pilates sessions the rest is very MSE.

More goals to post about but I’ll leave those for now.

Back to work tomorrow!:(

P.S. for all the de-clutterers out there dolly84 mentioned a new method on the NST’s January thread. It’s called “The Swedish Method of Death Cleaning” I think. Go google it - it’s not as macabre as it sounds!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business