Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    How much were the frozen cherries? I get wonky berries from Mr M at £3 for 1kg which I think is quiet good value.

I'm glad the new mattress is comfy, not waking up with a back ache is always good :).

Your nephews holiday money buy is hilarious :rotfl:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    So what did you think of the latest terminator film me and my partner went to see it at the weekend. Great action scenes no plot what so ever i thought.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How’s it going? Hope alls ok with you

Brizzle x
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hoping you’re ok and just very busy enjoying yourself.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Hope all ok your end ? Have a good week.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all is well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hope you are ok
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks everybody so much for posting and asking how I am. I'm here! Still alive! Sorry to have been absent – I think it has been a combination of a rather busy time of work, getting home later on cold, dark nights. In addition, I've been starting and typing at a screen for so long during work days I don't always want to do the same when I get home!

Hairy - the cherries in Iceland were £2 for a 480gm bag, although they sometimes have an offer of two bags of frozen fruit for £3.

Scott – I really enjoyed the 'Terminator' film – plenty of action and excellent CGI – and of course Arnie! Of course, the plots are basically all the same and the films will never win an Oscar for best screenplay but it entertained me!

BEGINNING OF SCRIMPY WEEK 4 – NOVEMBER

I'm not going to bore you all with the last three weeks – suffice to say I've been spending and have a £4.50 Ad Hoc Spends deficit going into the final week of November which gives me £45.50 spends for this week. I'm also in deficit of the usual suspects – Entertainment (Meals/Coffees), Books/Kindle/Itunes and also £8.80 Food/Household.

Spending things over the last few weeks include the Christmas Show – as usual we all had a good time, and I managed to find a few Christmas pressies – there was even quite a few vegan food stalls this year so DD and I managed to find something to eat! It was a real faff getting home from Olympia though this year as trains were cut out and we managed to get on the wrong tube train and didn't realise for ages (we were gabbling away so no excuse!). So we were all late getting home – we may change venue next year and try the Country Living Christmas Show instead as this is held in Islington and is a lot quicker for us all to get to.

Things going on this week – I'm taking DSis to a local Day Spa and for a meal afterwards on Wednesday. This is her birthday present from me so we'll hopefully have a nice restful day being pampered! I've paid the deposit on the Spa so will have to settle up the rest on the day. Nails on Thursday evening and I'm meeting a friend for lunch locally on Saturday which will be nice as I haven't seen her in a few months.

I bought Advent Calendars for me and DD today at Waterstones – these will come out of the Christmas Budget. I haven't really made much of a start on presents as yet and should really start to get going.

The veganism (or plant based diert as I prefer to call it) is still going well though I've only lost another 2lbs since I last posted. I will lapse at Christmas/New Year and also if I go out to a special restaurant, but I've been good since I started.

The other thing I started was my yearly cleaning of my flat ready for putting up the Christmas Decorations which started on 1 November. Just to recap and explain here's an extract from my diary a couple of Novembers ago when I began the process:-

"A few months ago I bought a book on Kindle called “30 days to A Clean and Organised House” by Katie Berry, which I’ve never properly read through (I am a sucker for these sort of books!). Tbh my flat isn’t in that bad a shape as I’m a bit of a minimalist decor wise, definitely not a clutter bug and don’t have a lot of storage space! I do think however that things are beginning to grow behind closed doors! Also I’ve not been absolutely on top of things whilst I was poorly and the late night working hasn’t helped. So I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to start the tasks in the book. I’m more of a “flylady” tidier than the Marie Kondo type and this book fits in nicely with getting thing done bit by bit over 30 days. You have a basic routine that you do every day which is not arduous or particularly time consuming, plus she gives you three different types of jobs: cleaning, organising and maintenance. The main thing is that you have to follow her instructions strictly – no deviating from the tasks she gives you as each day is worked out precisely to complement each other. It’s a bit like flylady but you get a month to finish it. She does however state that if you are really time poor or have physical difficulties you can take longer than a month, but you must follow the order of the plan."

Anyway I started and have got through the kitchen, most of the bathroom and tonight will be starting on the living room.

Afterwards will be catching up on some diaries and hopefully watching another episode of the new series of "The Crown."!

xxx
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to 'see' you. :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pleased you’ve been busy and are ok.
    The Christmas cleaning sounds like a plan. I cannot put decorations up in a dusty house and do similar - although it’s just my own plan with cleaning - a room at a time. I am a bit put off with my kitchen though as however much I clean it - it doesn’t look any better - needs a lick of paint at least, preferably a proper revamp.....
    2 LB is 2 LB - not to be sniffed at - that’s 4 packs of butter (or dairy free spread;)) gone from your person. Well done.
    Enjoy your pre- Christmas activities :beer::beer:
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport