Parking fine from UKPC (private company - not local authority!)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• zipman23
    zipman23 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Apologies for waking an old thread up, I got here thru a google search. Ticket was issued by UKPC and it was on private land. I did think about appealing it but no doubt it would have been rejected!
    English by birth. GEORDIE by the grace of God.
  • eddie864
    eddie864 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    The main issue is with UKPC and private car parks. There is no legal requirement to show blue badges. They apply only to council parking. UKPC are quite rightly hoping to make money from parkers who park outside their terms. You don't have to pay.

I am a blue badge holder who unfortunately got a UKPC ticket because it slipped out of sight. I showed them the badge after and they still wanted £15. I'm not paying it.

I have no objection to normally healthy people with temporary disabilities using disabled parking spaces. When I see heavily pregnant women using a disabled space I can think of no moral grounds why she shouldn't do so. Ultimately that is what these spaces are for - people who struggle with mobility. Perhaps there should be a temporary permit for those who need them?
  • andgemvicdyl43
    Options
    Well I took my daughter to hospital for blood test last week, first 20 mins is free parking , disabled parking spaces take up roughly 20 % of spaces in car park and I could not find an empty able body parking space , out of say 50 disabled spaces 40 where empty , I parked in disabled space away from entrance & away from other cars , I entered car -park at 10.38 and was issued £100 parking fine at 10.38 ?????? It took 10 minutes for my daughters blood to be took so was parked less than 20minutes , when returned to car park there was still all empty disabled spaces , I am appealing and I will not be paying this totally ridiculous £100. Both my parents are volunteers for ambulance service , they save us tax payers large amount of money picking very sick cancer patients and other patients up from home and drive them all over north west for treatment, I would never make a disabled persons life difficult, I have insurance and driving licence and single mother working and this is the slap in face I receive when taking my daughter who has problems eating to my local NHS hospital !!!! I feel sick to pit of my stomach
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    eddie864 wrote: »
    The main issue is with UKPC and private car parks. There is no legal requirement to show blue badges. They apply only to council parking. UKPC are quite rightly hoping to make money from parkers who park outside their terms. You don't have to pay.

I am a blue badge holder who unfortunately got a UKPC ticket because it slipped out of sight. I showed them the badge after and they still wanted £15. I'm not paying it.

I have no objection to normally healthy people with temporary disabilities using disabled parking spaces. When I see heavily pregnant women using a disabled space I can think of no moral grounds why she shouldn't do so. Ultimately that is what these spaces are for - people who struggle with mobility. Perhaps there should be a temporary permit for those who need them?

Perhaps the ppc could actually attempt to MANAGE the car parking rather than just be there to prey on the unwary.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • wary
    wary Posts: 789 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I took my daughter to hospital for blood test last week, first 20 mins is free parking , disabled parking spaces take up roughly 20 % of spaces in car park and I could not find an empty able body parking space , out of say 50 disabled spaces 40 where empty , I parked in disabled space away from entrance & away from other cars , I entered car -park at 10.38 and was issued £100 parking fine at 10.38 ?????? It took 10 minutes for my daughters blood to be took so was parked less than 20minutes , when returned to car park there was still all empty disabled spaces , I am appealing and I will not be paying this totally ridiculous £100. Both my parents are volunteers for ambulance service , they save us tax payers large amount of money picking very sick cancer patients and other patients up from home and drive them all over north west for treatment, I would never make a disabled persons life difficult, I have insurance and driving licence and single mother working and this is the slap in face I receive when taking my daughter who has problems eating to my local NHS hospital !!!! I feel sick to pit of my stomach

Technically you were guilty so it sounds like you're appealing to their better nature.

I thought it was generally understood that the best thing to do is just not reply, and leave them to prove that you were the driver. The appeals process is a farce as their only interest is to extract money from you, and they're not interested in reason. The worst thing you can do is to openly admit that you were the driver.

They may possibly have photographic evidence as it seems that they watched you parked. But your best bet a this stage is to get them to prove it was you.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Why not post this in the Parking Tickets Forum You will get up to date and far better advice on dealing with this in there!
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wary wrote: »
    Technically you were guilty so it sounds like you're appealing to their better nature.

I thought it was generally understood that the best thing to do is just not reply, and leave them to prove that you were the driver. The appeals process is a farce as their only interest is to extract money from you, and they're not interested in reason. The worst thing you can do is to openly admit that you were the driver.

They may possibly have photographic evidence as it seems that they watched you parked. But your best bet a this stage is to get them to prove it was you.

You are out of date - The advice has not been to ignore for nearly a year now (unless in Scotland or NI). Again, current advice for dealing with the different shades of parasite is in the parking forum.

And there is no such thing as "photographic evidence" in the context of private parking - its just another scare tactic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure