IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The scam continues but will Mrs May put a stop to it ?

What is she going to do about Marcus Jones MP for failing the public
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    It might also be a good idea to copy these letters to the Leader of the Opposition.

That way, when Mr Corbyn gets his weekly allocation of six questions at PMQs, he might use one of them to ask "Will the Prime Minister give an assurance to the House that the Government is taking urgent action to curb the activities of private parking companies?".

He might even get a substantive answer on that point, which he certainly isn't on Brexit, grammar schools, foreign worker statistics, the NHS etc.

Just bumping this thread so as not to neglect complaints about PPCs going to the Opposition too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mowkid
    mowkid Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It seems a long time since I complained to SRA about bwlegal. This was on behalf of my wife's carer.
    No response yet apart from acknowledgement of receipt of complaint.
    I would have thought with all the others they must have got there would have been ample ammunition to do something about bw.
    Or is the SRA just closing ranks with bwlegal as so called professions tend to do?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    mowkid wrote: »
    It seems a long time since I complained to SRA about bwlegal. This was on behalf of my wife's carer.
    No response yet apart from acknowledgement of receipt of complaint.
    I would have thought with all the others they must have got there would have been ample ammunition to do something about bw.
    Or is the SRA just closing ranks with bwlegal as so called professions tend to do?

No harm in chasing them, confirming your concerns.

It has probably been a shock to the SRA to discover they have rogue solicitors on their books.

However, it is very apparent on the forums, the lack of the rubbish letters BWLegal sent out, to a point that they are now offering "a special discount" ???

Maybe BWL have now realised that pre POFA 2012 means what it says. This space must still be watched and anyone who receives the dirty letters from BWLegal, should still complain to the SRA
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 2:42PM
    Options
    This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the letters they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Just bumping this thread so as not to neglect complaints about PPCs going to Mrs May and the Opposition too, as well as MPs.

We need the Government to pay attention to what is happening here.
  • mowkid
    mowkid Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]I did my bit and sent details of the stuff that bwlegal and the PPC's are pushing out to Mrs May.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Below is what I got back with an attachment giving the results of some sort of survey taken in 2015.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I'm afraid it's a lost cause folks. the govenrment has no intention of ensuring any fairness prevails
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Quote
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for your letter of 14 September 2016 to the Prime Minister, about private parking companies and their debt collecting associates. I hope you appreciate that the Prime Minister receives far more correspondence than she can respond to personally. I have been asked to reply on her behalf as the Department for Communities and Local Government has responsibility for issues concerning off street parking.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I do sympathise with your wife’s carer’s situation, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]but the Government is not able to advise or intervene in individual disputes about parking tickets or debt collection. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Debt Recovery Agents/Enforcement agents (formerly known as Bailiffs) are obliged to follow the code set out in Part 3 of, and Schedule 12 to, the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007. They are also encourages to comply with the National Standards set out at [/FONT]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/353396/taking-control-of-goods-national-standards.pdf.
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Private parking companies will most usually be a member of one of the two Accredited Trade Associations for the parking industry, the Approved Operator Scheme from the British Parking Association (BPA) and the Independent Parking Committee (IPC). The trade associations are independent of Government and, as such, are not monitored. However, the BPA and IPC monitor continued compliance and investigate complaints where breaches of their code of practice are alleged. From the information provided I could not ascertain of which Accredited Trade Association the parking company in question is a member, however your wife’s carer may wish to contact them about her situation.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Government does shares concerns about how some private parking companies operate. We sought comments from the public on parking matters in our recent discussion paper entitled 'Parking reform: tackling unfair practices'. The issue about the conduct of debt collection agencies was raised in some responses. We are considering this alongside other issues raised in response to the discussion paper, which I attach for your information. We will publish our response in due course.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours sincerely[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Downloader?uid=17210&d=tiscali.co.uk&u=ibfarmer&contentSeed=d2558&pct=10116&c=yes&an=ibfarmer&disposition=inline&fp=INBOX&dhid=attachmentDownloader&ai=1&attachmentID=image002.png@01D2304D.A2F53680[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kathryn Clarke[/FONT]
    High Streets, Town Centres and Coastal Team
    Department for Communities and Local Government
    Unqote

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Send that response to the Daily Mail who reported a 'firm commitment' from Theresa May to sort this stuff out.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yep, same as others have received. We know the DCLG will be reporting soon so it is not a lost cause to keep bombarding MPs and Mrs May and Mr Corbyn with actual cases where people have been ripped off, threatened and sued by these scummy firms.

What we want is, when the DCLG releases its plans, for some MPs to stand up and state what their constituents have told them and not let the issue be fudged due to the DCLG having (seemingly) a far too close a relationship with the IPC and BPA.
  • beamerguy
    edited 27 October 2016 at 11:53PM
    Options
    mowkid wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]I did my bit and sent details of the stuff that bwlegal and the PPC's are pushing out to Mrs May.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Below is what I got back with an attachment giving the results of some sort of survey taken in 2015.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I'm afraid it's a lost cause folks. the govenrment has no intention of ensuring any fairness prevails
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Quote
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for your letter of 14 September 2016 to the Prime Minister, about private parking companies and their debt collecting associates. I hope you appreciate that the Prime Minister receives far more correspondence than she can respond to personally. I have been asked to reply on her behalf as the Department for Communities and Local Government has responsibility for issues concerning off street parking.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I do sympathise with your wife’s carer’s situation, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]but the Government is not able to advise or intervene in individual disputes about parking tickets or debt collection. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Debt Recovery Agents/Enforcement agents (formerly known as Bailiffs) are obliged to follow the code set out in Part 3 of, and Schedule 12 to, the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007. They are also encourages to comply with the National Standards set out at [/FONT]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/353396/taking-control-of-goods-national-standards.pdf.
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Private parking companies will most usually be a member of one of the two Accredited Trade Associations for the parking industry, the Approved Operator Scheme from the British Parking Association (BPA) and the Independent Parking Committee (IPC). The trade associations are independent of Government and, as such, are not monitored. However, the BPA and IPC monitor continued compliance and investigate complaints where breaches of their code of practice are alleged. From the information provided I could not ascertain of which Accredited Trade Association the parking company in question is a member, however your wife’s carer may wish to contact them about her situation.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Government does shares concerns about how some private parking companies operate. We sought comments from the public on parking matters in our recent discussion paper entitled 'Parking reform: tackling unfair practices'. The issue about the conduct of debt collection agencies was raised in some responses. We are considering this alongside other issues raised in response to the discussion paper, which I attach for your information. We will publish our response in due course.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours sincerely[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Downloader?uid=17210&d=tiscali.co.uk&u=ibfarmer&contentSeed=d2558&pct=10116&c=yes&an=ibfarmer&disposition=inline&fp=INBOX&dhid=attachmentDownloader&ai=1&attachmentID=image002.png@01D2304D.A2F53680[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kathryn Clarke[/FONT]
    High Streets, Town Centres and Coastal Team
    Department for Communities and Local Government
    Unqote

YUP, I had the same rubbish via my local MP.

I wrote back saying that if I wanted rubbish replies, I would write to the Labour party.
    Sorry if that offends labour peeps, don't want politics on the forum, but I simply do not accept that the leader of the conservative party can actually allow such rubbish to be sent to her public.

No, it's not the end, it's just the start. Theresa May is already showing cracks in her leadership, stumbling and stuttering at PM's Question Time this week.

Theresa May must now show true leadership and she should crack down on the Department for Communities and Local Government and the rubbish they spout. Marcus Jones is not fit for purpose

Keep on telling Mrs May that her government allows a scam and that further rubbish from her departments is no longer acceptable.

Today, we see a prankster blog about BWLegal where it was said

"The judge condemned the BW Legal evidence pack and spoke with absolute disdain for the poor quality of evidence prepared by Sohail Ismail"
    Not good news for this guy ... type in google "Sohail Ismail bwlegal"
    The web is for everyone to view

Well done the Judge but we cannot accept such cr*p from the likes of BWLegal, a company who should not be allowed to harass the public, and a company who must now be a complete embarrassment to the SRA.

Either Theresa will crack under the strain or she will prove to everyone that scams on her watch are a no go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure