OS ways and Poor Health

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.1K replies 217K views

Replies

• pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad you got to see the film AOT and you're feeling a little better today . Our driver has sent a text ( thank the Gods ) his cab is off the road and he'd lost his mobile . I assume he saw my dd on FB .
    He's offered to take us in his own car tomorrow so we're just waiting his reply to our yes please message . Another one in a million :)
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • LameWolfLameWolf Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad you got to see the film AOT and you're feeling a little better today . Our driver has sent a text ( thank the Gods ) his cab is off the road and he'd lost his mobile . I assume he saw my dd on FB .
    He's offered to take us in his own car tomorrow so we're just waiting his reply to our yes please message . Another one in a million :)
    polly x
    Bless his cotton socks, he sounds like a real gem.

I'm terrified to get in a taxi; not only is it a PITA if you use a wheelchair, I am frightened to travel a) with a strange man and b) with anyone whose driving I don't know (I still shake on even getting into our own car, due to the accident we had in 2015 when some inattentive louse ploughed into the back of us at speed when we were in a traffic queue).

Candygirl gets those bloods done, hun. It's got to be done sooner or later, best to get it out of the way. Bluebell sends a big Staffie SLUUUURRRRPPP. ;) Complete with fish-breath, as she had tuna for brekkie.:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand totally about the cabs LW . This is one of the structures carefully built over the years to help minimse DDs anxiety and stress .
    You'll understand yourself the whole appointment is more than enough without a sudden change to the travel arrangements . It's at times like this we see how far beyond the so called norm things have to be just to do things others don't think twice about ..
    polly x
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well all is arranged for tomorrow morning and yes LW bless his little cotton socks :D
    It's odd how much tension builds in the muscles when you're trying to find a workable alternative . I could feel it begin to ease once it had been sorted .
    I confess I've had my head stuck in a book for nearly an hour .Whether you do Winter , Yule or Christmas it is lovely very simple craft book .
    There isn't anything I would need to buy in as it uses small bits and larger pieces of fabrics , greenery , twigs , old blankets , tin cans etc etc .
    The Hygge wool bag is brilliant and the tea light apron . Things with pine cones and an awesome gingerbread house - i can smell the cinnamon and ginger just typing this .
    I imagine Prinzess will want to peep at it so you can view it on the big A site . Scandi Christmas over 45 projects . Even if you don't buy it there are a few things to inspire you there .
    polly
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snogs right back at you LW n BLUEBELL ❤
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm off to bed in a few minutes as I need to be up at 5am :eek:
    See you all later tomorrow , Wishing all a restful night .
    polly x
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it goes well tomoz POLLY XXX
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything goes well for you and Miss Polly today Polly. I am off to the walk-in later with a friend who has decided that my leg needs looking at and she will take me. I sent a photo of damage done to another friend (the visitor who got the hump with his sister and went home - they're both now talking to me but not to each other!!!) because he has a highly qualified nursing background. He said that for once I should do as I'm told and go so I'm going.

I am laughing at the thought of making things with pine cones. The house troll has two cats and they would love something made with pine cones to fiddle with. In fact I may bring them some home this year so they can mess with them and leave the stuff that they really shouldn't touch alone. Ooh and cinnamon smells - it'll be time to make christmas cake soon and make the house smell like christmas, yum.

Another ex civil servant here......I started the day after my 18th birthday at the Department of Transport in Westminster and carried on when I moved back up here with a much less popular option :rotfl:
    July grocery challenge £97.14/£250  
  • edited 22 September 2017 at 9:59AM
    lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 September 2017 at 9:59AM
    I am aiming to see Victoria and Abdul on Sunday.....it looks good.

A quick question has anyone tried one of those Pain Gone Relief Pens. I know they are not a cure but if they give a bit of relief .......years ago I used to use a tens machine on my back. I think I might try that again, I think it's lurking in a draw somewhere but apparently the pain pen is completely portable, no wires or cables so you can slip it in your bag and use when out and about.

Had my steroid injection in my knee yesterday. It was very sore once the anaesthetic had worn off so I dosed myself up with two paracetamol, a glass of wine, and lashings of red tiger balm and slept like a log. :D. Need to take it easy today so have got some sitting down jobs to do to keep me amused. It looks like a nice day too so will get my reclining deck chair out so I can elevate the knee whilst Soaking up some Vitamin D. All whilst my dinner cooks in the slow cooker. Multi tasking at its best. :rotfl:

Hope all goes well today Polly. I had a really great taxi driver back from the hospital yesterday. Someone who is thoughtful and kind makes such a difference. He was only a young whippersnapper but he was lovely.

I have started Hygge-ing too. I love getting cosy with my throws, candles, a nice meal and a glass of something medicinal.....

Hope you are all well. Glorious sunshine and bright blue cloudless skies here this morning. Wahoo.
  • Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    4.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to hygge too! I read about it in a book called The Year of Living Danishly by Helen Russell. That book was hilarious in places.:rotfl:

I was getting a migraine yesterday and I managed to fight it off after reading all the tips from last time. :T

I started feeling sick (which I realised is a sign of a migraine for me) and so I drank fresh ginger tea. I put my feet in hot water, massaged my big toes and then put fluffy warm socks on. I rubbed peppermint essential oil into my temples.

I also rubbed some Voltarol gel onto my sides, above my hips. I always get pain there before a migraine hits for some reason?

I was amazed that it worked, I didn't even need to take my new migraine med. I only took one ibuprofen.