edited 7 November 2016 at 5:24PM in Gaming MoneySaving
20 replies 5.5K views
runaroundpauperrunaroundpauper Forumite
84 Posts
Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 7 November 2016 at 5:24PM in Gaming MoneySaving
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/xbox-consoles-games-deals

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/playstation-consoles-games-deals

Winters coming and Xbox and PlayStation prices have dropped and I miss FIFA football used to play it on ps3 but it died was not prepared to pay 400 for a new system I am not a major player working and family life come before any chillax time .so Xbox one and PS 4 players looking at the pro and cons both systems without starting a fan war :rotfl:

Replies

• KingS6KingS6 Forumite
    400 Posts
    ✭✭
    Your ps3 died? Bad times. I thought they were pretty bulletproof. Ps3 super slim must be cheap now?

Looking for smoother graphics performance at 1080p? PS4 comes higher in the reviews for this. There are more exclusives for this platform too however the quality can vary. You can swap out the hdd with a larger capacity drive.

Xbox one has arguably higher quality exclusives. Such as Forza and Halo. You can plug in external HDD if you fill up the memory. It has kinect if that's any use.
  • spadooshspadoosh Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theres pros and cons of eachbut nothing that major that youll miss out too much if you got one or the other.

If you use ultimate team id be tempted to go with the PS4 as itll keep the same account and any loyalty bonuses you might have.

If you play with friends online, go for the one that the majority of your mates have.
  • ChickabiddybexChickabiddybex Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely choose the one your friends have if you're planning on playing with them. If not, then the big difference between the two last gen was the excusives. I've gotta say, I adore the Playstation exclusives such as Uncharted and The Last Of Us. But if you're really only into games that come out for both like Fifa, then just look for a deal.
    They just announced a slim version of the PS4 if you're interested in something compact. It has a RRP of £259 which will probably drop near Christmas or on Black Friday.
    Black Friday is also a good shout for the non-slim PS4's to come down in price actually when they try to shift old stock to make way for the new Slim model and the 4k Pro model.
    I don't know much about Xbox so I can't comment on whether they're doing anything similar but I don't think so.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Bigphil1474Bigphil1474 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    The new Fifa (17) is out at the end of this month, so you might be able to pick up a console with it free. Fifa 16 is terrible based on my mates reviews so I stuck with 15 until now. The new one promises to be better, new engine, more intelligent AI etc, For online play against other players, 15 has pretty much died a death now as very few people playing it. I'm on PS4 but as others said, it's more about who else you would play with/against, and the games you would want to play that might be exclusive to one or the other. Both now need a subscription to play online. PS4 is about £38 a year, but it's easy to get for much less - I used a £10 off when you spend £40 voucher at Sainsburys, so got the annual pass plus a couple of bottles of milk, so the pass only cost about £28. I don't know how much Xbox costs.
  • edited 9 September 2016 at 8:43PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 September 2016 at 8:43PM
    Xbox One subscriptions cost max of £40 but can be had for around the £30 mark if you keep an eye on CDKeys or hukd.

First question is do you want to stick with Sony or move to the Xbox ?

Ask people you know what console they have, you would enjoy it much more.

£300 can get you a 1tb ps4 console from Amazon. If you want fifa 16 it's £26 from amazon.

It's a personal choice OP.
  • I went from 360 to ps4.

I sold the ps4 and I've gone back to just the 360.

Loads of people are still playing online and the games look very similar to me between the 2 (my eyes are a bit rubbish, so i can't see the high res differences, if they are actually there).

I could not stand the ps4 controller, you may be ok with it, as you have never used the 360 one / if you have smaller hands / are used to the ps3 controller.

My call, go 360 or ps3
  • Johnmcl7Johnmcl7 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with a 360 or PS3 is that they're both pretty much end of life and new games may no longer be released or with reduced features. I do much prefer the Xbox controller over the PS controller as it feels more comfortable in the hand, the triggers work better for analogue control and there's no gimmicky trackpad which so far on the PS4 I just find is used for irritating purposes in game. The Xbox controller doesn't come with a battery out of the box though as the PS4 controller does, you either need the optional play and charge kit or use low discharge AA batteries like the Eneloops (I find the Xbox One controllers are very fussy about which rechargeable AA batteries they take).

I have both the Xbox One and PS4, I generally prefer the Xbox for its controller, more friends on it and more exclusives I prefer but equally the latter two reasons may favour a PS4 for someone else.

John
  • edited 14 September 2016 at 9:33AM
    wmathiaswmathias Forumite
    52 Posts
    edited 14 September 2016 at 9:33AM
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    The problem with a 360 or PS3 is that they're both pretty much end of life and new games may no longer be released or with reduced features. I do much prefer the Xbox controller over the PS controller as it feels more comfortable in the hand, the triggers work better for analogue control and there's no gimmicky trackpad which so far on the PS4 I just find is used for irritating purposes in game. The Xbox controller doesn't come with a battery out of the box though as the PS4 controller does, you either need the optional play and charge kit or use low discharge AA batteries like the Eneloops (I find the Xbox One controllers are very fussy about which rechargeable AA batteries they take).

I have both the Xbox One and PS4, I generally prefer the Xbox for its controller, more friends on it and more exclusives I prefer but equally the latter two reasons may favour a PS4 for someone else.

John

All fair comment. Re the no new games for 360 point, one unexpected bonus of that is that the final version of Call of duty, Forza, Fifa etc that came out on the console, will forever be the 'most up to date new one'. Because of this, they are not losing popularity after a year once the newer version comes out. I only really play COD and Dark Souls, so my plan does fall down in that I can't play Dark Souls 3 (I am still struggling with the Crowns DLC anyway). Incidentally, my original reason for buying the ps4 was Bloodborne, but because of the lack of shields and the controller, I didn't finish it, which is a shame, because it's a cracking game otherwise.
  • I prefer the controllers on PS! Therefore I would go with that one no matter what - the xbox controllers feels weird in my hands...
    Only morons start a business on a loan!
    Our life is a loan received from death with sleep as the daily interest on this loan.
  • ineedineed Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This link from fifa forums might help you decide link

I have both systems and enjoy games on both, but I'd have to go with Xbox for Fifa, and also because of the no mod support on PS4 in other games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim remastered and I guess possibly future games unless Sony change their minds.
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs