Options
    ideally. leaving your longer standing card open would be best [i think]
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks.

And then wait a couple months and repeat again? :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    As long as you're not at max limit like me!

I did it lots and maxed out at £4k. I don't know if thats a hard limit for the sub-prime cards (e.g. policy of we won't lend more than £4k unless you have the good card (http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/0-balance-transfer-credit-card-12-months.jsf)) or whether it's just my affordability is maxed at £4k (10% of income, and I have other cards, recent BR etc, so can't argue with it!!)

It seems I opened my account a week later than I thought I did... still waiting for the L2M marker to drop off so I can see if my limit has gone up...!! The suspense.......!!!!!!

And yea as above I'd leave long standing card open TBH, unless you have a real need for the 0% (e.g. you're currently paying interest!). If you're not then on £2,250 it's not *that* big a deal either way, especially as it's only 4 months, 5 at a push.
  • cmc_entertainment
    Options
    occording to Noddle, my date is 13th Feb as applied on 13th December.

Ohhh, the suspense :)
  • cmc_entertainment
    Options
    Out of curiosity i just done one and the results were a rejection, but not on the L2M marker but on DcsnReasCd=DR24 and primReasCd=DR24

The search was very quick.

comparitivewith the other halfs of which was
    dcsnReasNm=Opened L2M and dcsnReasNm=Multicard Decline which would be correct as this was opened in late november/early december.

the multicard decline is not true btw
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yea their Multicard seems strange - I get that too. Maybe the other card has to be closed for 2 months? Although certainly that wasn't the case before.

They seem strange with that dates, some times I've had perfect matches (e.g. open 1st Apr, then eligible again 1st June), other times I know I've waited longer.

My November app wasn't subject to a credit search at Clearscore, but that confirms the account was opened (since I'm now using just the new account) on 3/11 - so over 2 months now, but still showing as Multicard & L2M block.

I know previously 4 months was quoted, and depending on where you look on their website it says 4 months or 2 months. Maybe, in some situations, it is 4 months... and/or it's a lottery!

My minimum payment was taken a few days ago and I have a statement due on the 9th... maybe they've changed it to 2 'statement months'?!

I'll keep waiting and trying!!!

I know Vanquis are another card that can't count properly (no re-app in 6 months). I re-applied after 6 months (using both 6 calendar months, 183 calendar days, 26 weeks etc!) and it kept saying duplicate within last 6 months. After about 6 months and 3 weeks, it finally went through!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Checked my friends and as in CMC's experience, the crLineAlocdAmt's are different - £1,500 for most and then there's the £3,000 for CCS76 (nearer prime card).

Strangely RR64 (not DR!) on all cards - insufficient address confirmation, despite the fact she's on the ER at current address, and well over the 3 years at previous address!

It says she'll be 100% accepted for classic, so my understanding is that DecisionReasons with a code of RR will be accepted (Refer Reason?), but DR won't be (Decline Reason).

Also there is "acptncLklhdIdxVal=10, acptncLklhdScoreVal=1.0" where Lklhd is either 10 (her) or 9.999999 (me!) if you're going to get it.

They're run checks for what seems to be 7 different cards in the bankground, and she's accepted for any one of 5:

Hopefully the following list will be helpful for anyone wanting to 'cherrypick' the correct card for their circumstances (hover over 'check now' to confirm the relevant CCS ID).

CCS07 - 6 months 0% BT card for people with lower credit scores (see: http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/balance-transfer-credit-cards.jsf) - £1.5k
    CCS25 - Secured Card (http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/securedTC25.jsf) - £200 limit with £49 security deposit!
    CCS19 - no idea, presume a variation of Classic (which is CCS18) - £1.5k
    CCS22 - no idea, £1.5k
    CCS40 - no idea, £1.5k

Following aren't in direct check results but show 100% acceptance via Clearscore, so presumably are affiliate only for eligibility purposes:

CCS53 - Platinum Mastercard - http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/classic-mastercardTC53.jsf
    CCS35 - Classic Complete (4 months 0% purch, see summary box) - http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/classic-complete.jsf

Then declined for:

1 - whatever that is!!!! £0 allocated. Low income decline, indebtedness and score below cut-off

and CCS76 - Prime (http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/balance-transfer-credit-cards.jsf) - 3k allocated but blocked for same reasons as above.

Now I can understand a bit more why banks are reluctant to share reasons for decline and give (frustrating) 'generic' answers. For example, solving the 'indebtedness' and bumping income (unlikely they'd check, although obviously it's fraud and not at all advocated) would get her a prime card!

Also - although not Cap1, but credit building in general - interesting that MoneySuperMarket have pre-approved her for Aqua, but Clearscore lists just 90%. Although likely the 90% will go through, if there's something they don't like.... so which site you use could well be the difference between getting and not getting the card!
  • Just after some advice about consolidating my 2 cap one cards,

First card secured £99 deposit £200 limit opened in jan 2015
    Second card secured £49 deposit £200 limit opened in jan 17

I want to consolidate the second card with the first card but does this work with secured cards and will I get my deposit of £49 back if/when I consolidate? Balance will be zero on second card when consolidating

How soon after the card has been consolidated and confirmed can I apply for a normal classic card as I think I should be able to get one now, CCJ goes off on 27th feb so will apply after that, solely for the basis of creating higher credit limit I won’t be using it
    Good things come to those who wait...

House Deposit Savings: £450/£10,000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why would they refund you the fee?

The point of the secured card is £200 is the max limit
  • Is says when you apply and pay the deposit you get it back when your card is settled and closed
    Good things come to those who wait...

House Deposit Savings: £450/£10,000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport