Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• BettyBoof
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Well done Betty - that's a great loss! Do you think the SAS log worked because it took up the time you might have been using to eat? Only joking, it obviously had a good effect, I might give it a go.
    LL :)

Ha ha, could be!:D I think I must have been overlooking/sneaking in a few extra syns and the SAS log helped me see them and stop when I got to 15. Seeing the balance of protein and speed (and trying to increase those foods) was useful, as was me acknowledging - at the start of each day - what might be a challenge and how I might sabotage myself. I would have said that I knew all this stuff but recording it faithfully seems to have made a real difference for me. Give it a go!
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Morning all, bit of a rough week with stress and the next few weeks won't be any better so trying to be good is hard . Not a morsel of chocolate has passed my lips despite the fun and games of my Sainsburys online account getting hacked. I've discovered Tescos beetroot crisps are a good snack (Morrisons are lower syn but not going past one anytime soon) at 4 syns. I added butter back into my diet this week a very carefully measured levels and it appears to have worked OK as I can report a LOSS of2 pounds
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Shala I have lost a pound more good luck than good management.

That's good wiz:T. When you get to your target (just 4lbs away!) then you can think again whether you're satisfied with it.

You've done well to get a loss too duchy.:T It's always harder to stick to plan with stress. Keep plodding and well done on the chocolate (or lack of it;)).

Hope you have a good time eating out lois. We're off to the pub for dinner today. I haven't quite decided but probably will have a roast unless I fancy anything else. Unfortunately it's plated rather than a carvery and if I ask for no yorkshire and no roast potatoes then I suspect I'll just have a very tiny meal.:(

Hope the run went well mrsp.:)

I've had a SW breakfast (baked beans on toast) and plan a bowl of lentil soup for lunch. That's as far as my menu gets for today.:)
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    edited 25 September 2016 at 12:53PM
    Options
    http://CZNEh9.jpgh

Today's syn free breakfast
    (Hmmm posting the photo sort of worked)
    Whole meal toast with quark dollop on top, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and mushrooms fried in Fry Light then beaten eggs with salt ,pepper and chives chucked on top and scramble the eggs, put ontothe quarked toast and add the smoked salmon on top. Really yummy and filling.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Finished th Stafford 10K and I'm back home digging into some sushi and a big chocolate cookie that hubby bought me for completing the race. Today is a synful day, he then also bought fillet steak for dinner!! He's a good husband.
    I finished in 1:22:34 which is okay as I was aiming for 1:20:00 and was 2 mins 12 faster than my practice the other week

2dudpg6.jpg

33lla8k.jpg
  • candyapple_2
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone :)

Well done on the 10k mrsp :T great time too
    shala_moo wrote: »
    still have computer issues, it's updated it self with a newer version of windows by the look of it, I just have to leave everything for ages to log on now.. annoying but workable!

I think I had this same update last week, it annoyed me so much though I've just uninstalled it and *touch wood* it seems fine so far. Hate Windows 10 for not giving you a chance to say no to the updates :mad:

Food today:

B - crunchy bran HEB with toffee muller light & strawberries
    L - cottage pie with mash & veg
    T - SW fry up - probably egg bacon & grilled tomato and a few small richmond sausages for 7.5 syns

It's turned really windy today, so I'm indoors on the sofa with the darts on BBC and as many cups of tea as my HEA allows

Have a good day everyone
    xx
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Candyapple - we have the darts on too. It's currently sunny but 5mins ago it was pouring down!

Well done on all the fab losses everyone.

Today I'm trying to do some damage control after yesterday's lunch.

B - banana
    L - cheese (heax2) and onion wholemeal sandwich (heb), veg sticks/tomatoes on side. 2syns for lf mayo.
    D - potatoes, carrots, broccoli, peas, broad beans, quorn sausages 2syns, gravy 2syns, oil 3syns. Wine 4syns.
    Snacks - grapes, plum, orange.
    Hea milk.

13syns. Though I may omit the oil and wine though to lower syns.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, a big fat oh dear for yesterday.

Started so well, a big SW fry up for breakfast and a healthy packup for the festival - HEXB tuna and sweetcorn mayo sandwich (2), an apple, a pear, a peach and some snackajacks (5)

BUT then there were cheesy chips and vodka and Top Bloke had naughtily put some of my most favourite fruit cider in the fridge.

I was on my feet for 15 hours and I had syns to play with, but not that many :o

Had a big fruit salad today, then a ham salad for dinner and SW lasagne for tea, but I am worried for WI. Hopefully it won't have caught me up by tomorrow!

Hope everyone is doing better than me!
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,664 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 September 2016 at 3:05PM
    Options
    Afternoon All

Im sorry I posted and ran but I am so busy with two kids, 2 dogs, work and trying to look up recipes/fill in the card/work out ssyns etc that I got slightly way layed.....

I have however managed to talk hubby round to some of the meals - I think he is convinced that all diets are Rice Cakes and Water.....but I made spag bol the other day with 5% pork mince and he snaffled that (I actually for the first time in my life cooked the right amount of pasta too :eek::eek::eek:) and last night we had boiled potatoes and chicken pizza - (butterflied chicken and gently cooked it in the oven then covered it with a tomato sauce and a small amount of grated lighter cheddar cheese) was very nice and he didnt complain either. Son however is firmly in the 'what is it stages still?' and has gone to MacDonalds with his friend and her mum for lunch.
    Roast chicken dinner tonight with Jelly and Icecream for dessert......I will be just having Jelly though - until I go shopping that is and get some Fromage Frais and then I plan on making the Syn Free Vanilla Icecream on the recipes page

I did buy some of the Choc Shot sauce although I havent used it yet, and some Highlights hot chocolates which I had one of last night. I cant believe how easy it has been - considering I have eaten sweets or chocolate every day for the last like 3/4 years. Im actually looking forward to weighing in on Tuesday morning.

Another thing I have noticed is whilst dress shopping yesterday (tomorrow is my wedding anniversary) that I tried on a size 18 and it was too big, so I tried a size 16 and it fit lovely:D so obviously something has shifted.....still a few too many lumps and bumps for my liking but I'm obviously going in the right direction :D:D:D:D:D

Im a bit nervous though because we are going out for a meal though so have been forward thinking this.....I think I will just stick to a steak/chicken/gammon ..... that way I can have plenty of veg or a salad with it and a baked potato but I think I will give fried mushrooms a miss because I wont know if they've been done in oil or not.

Today so far looks like this
    B - Skimmed milk (from allowance) 1.5 shredded wheat biscuits
    L- savoury rice (1.5syns) with ham
    D - Roast Chicken, Peas, Baby Sweetcorn, Carrots, Roast Potatoes......Jelly for pudding (my 1 sachet has made 4 jellies so not even half a syn)

Now off to prepare all the veg for tea tonight before the hubster gets home. :T:T:T:T:T
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Congratulations Lush on your wedding :)

Well done mrsp :)

Well done to the losers :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business