Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• RavenQueen
    Options
    Thanks Maman I make SW burgers in the week for me and Mr and they are really nice, I thought he'd moan as the kids still get normal ones, lol but no he really likes them. I think I might have a look at what ready meals I can get, so I may look at getting the shopping book.

Are you going anywhere nice for your meals out?? I love eating out, even more so now, lol
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Enjoy your meal ruby. You deserve a treat after all the work hassle in recent weeks. Is it resolved now?

Not at all! I had a bit of a breakdown in the office last Wednesday, sent an email to the director just venting about how stupid it is. Had a chat with him on Friday and now I'm feeling better but there's still tension between my boss and head of department. He doesn't really have a plan on how to resolve it but HR are involved now so we might get somewhere finally, or not! Going to try and organise a team event one night to try and get us together out of the office and get everyone together again.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    lush~~ Great loss & well done on club 10.
    Hope you all have a lovely day on Sunday :heart::heart:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    debjay wrote: »

Quick query. Does anyone know syns of the Tesco healthy cereal bars, the ones that look similar to Alpen light bars? Also, syn value of activia 0% fat yoghurt?

The yogurts are free; the SW website lists a Tesco Healthy Living apple and strawberry bar and a chocolate and caramel bar as 3 Syns each or you can have 2 as a HEB.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Beanie - pleased your gain wasn't as bad as you expected, hope you feel better soon.

Lush - hope everything goes well for you both on Sunday, enjoy the day and have a lovely family moon. :happylove

Debjay - don't be too hard on yourself for being at the top of the range as a target member, you'll soon reign things in and lose a few pounds. The first few weeks after getting to target are going to be experimental, SW recommend increasing your HEs rather than having more Syns but you'll find out what works for you as you go along.

I've got a challenging few days coming up, my sister and niece are coming to visit and we're planning a couple of meals out with them. Sunday can be carvery which is quite good as I can go for speed veg in preference to the more synfull options. On Monday I've booked lunch at a nice hotel as a birthday treat for my niece, and as we're doing fish and chips in the shop tomorrow night it will be easy to do that, but I won't be having chips (not many anyway). I'll have the fish without batter and some peas. There will be wine Syns too.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RavenQueen wrote: »
    Thanks Maman I make SW burgers in the week for me and Mr and they are really nice, I thought he'd moan as the kids still get normal ones, lol but no he really likes them. I think I might have a look at what ready meals I can get, so I may look at getting the shopping book.

Are you going anywhere nice for your meals out?? I love eating out, even more so now, lol

I like HM burgers but they're almost like a different meal to shop bought. These days I rarely make them but have Sainsbury's BGTY quarter pounders. They're really meaty and just 1 syn each.

One of the meals is in a nice, independent restaurant, two in the pub: one on Sunday watching football probably a roast and the other Tuesday where they do a good salad to go with steak but I can never resist chips. The one on Thursday won't be my choice but probably a restaurant with a limited menu. Except for Sunday, they're all catching up with friends but it's all come together in one week.

It sounds like you've done all you can ruby, hopefully HR will sort something.

Good luck with staying strong over the weekend lois but enjoy your sister's visit all the same.:)

I did my meal plan and shop this afternoon. Frylight was reduced to £1 in my Aldi (probably the tail end of the recent offer) so I stocked up.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, half HEB toast, 2 boiled eggs, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham, pickled cabbage, bubble&squeak
    D: baked smoked haddock, SW chips, tomatoes, mushrooms, mange tout, peas
    Syns: weekend wine:D
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Meals today:

B - omelette muffins
    L - rice salad with mixed beans. 1 syn for dressing.
    D - stir fry veg, fresh noodles 2syns, black Bean sauce 3.5syns
    Snacks - banana, Apple, malt loaf 5syns, wine 4syns, cheese hea. Milk heax2.

No heb yet so may have an alien light later.
    15.5syns
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear I have gone haywire. I must settle down or I will never get there.
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2016 at 10:16PM
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    The yogurts are free; the SW website lists a Tesco Healthy Living apple and strawberry bar and a chocolate and caramel bar as 3 Syns each or you can have 2 as a HEB.

Thanks Lois so the Tesco bars are the same as Alpen light but the apple and strawberry ones seem much more substantial and filling. Also thanks for saying not to be too hard on myself and for your words of advice. Hoping that now I'm not planning too many meals out I can reign it back in and get back on track. I've never managed to keep the weight off before. Hoping for 3rd time lucky though.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on your loss and club 10, lush. I’m sure the sun will shine for you, metaphorically even if it doesn’t manage it literally! (I don’t know what your forecast is.)

That’s a good loss, Raven.

Friday’s Frightfulness
    Breakfast: hexb toast, scrambled eggs
    Snack: slice 50/50 bread & jam (4)
    Lunch: baked potato, chilli, dollop sour cream (2), salad
    Snack: 3 Munchies (3 ½ )
    Dinner: lemon & herb chicken (2), tagliatelle, broccoli, WW strawberry tart yogurt
    Snack: hexa cheese and grapes

Total syns: 11½ Syns carried forward: 3 ½ Syns banked: 29

Still happy with how things are going.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business