IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel /BW Legal

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Hi luksakura. I have today sent a letter to the SRA and I am currently awaiting advice from another site regarding a reply to BW Legal. It's a complete nightmare isn't it!

Pinky, we all agree with you, BWLegal have generally become pests just like the phone scammers.
    The more people who contact the SRA the better.

If everything they threaten and the sheer number of people they threaten gets to court, all it needs is few judges to put an alert out through their own system and BWLegal will be in trouble.

All we can do is wait to see what transpires. Scammers have a short lifespan and even quicker if the government gets involved.

You may care to email Theresa May as she is the new broom and from all accounts is not keen on scammers. I am doing just that with a copy to my local MP. Not only do we need real regulation but protection against scammers and in particular BWLegal

They are using the court system as their own personal cash cow
  • Pinkychick14
    Options
    Thanks Beamerguy. I hate them and their bullying!
    Luksakura, did you ever hear back from the SRA? I said it was affecting my health, which it is as I have enough to worry about.
    I'm still awaiting a reply re letter to BW Legal, will let you know as soon as I get one. I have 7 days too to reply.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Thanks Beamerguy. I hate them and their bullying!
    Luksakura, did you ever hear back from the SRA? I said it was affecting my health, which it is as I have enough to worry about.
    I'm still awaiting a reply re letter to BW Legal, will let you know as soon as I get one. I have 7 days too to reply.

If you do a google search "bullying by debt collectors bw legal" you will see the sheer amount of bullying they do, they are a nasty company.

British Gas did this type of bullying a few years back and it ended up with an elderly couple committing suicide.

The way BWLegal are carrying on, chances are very high this will happen again and BWLegal will have a death on their hands.

Apart from Theresa May, the new Justice Secretary has two children and will have more of an understanding of families and trauma these vermin are causing ...

The Rt Hon Elizabeth Truss MP
    Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice
    http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/elizabeth-truss/4097

The point of this exercise is to make as many high ranking people aware of what is going on regarding this bullying.

Copy in your local MP.

If the SRA don't stop this bullying, then a complaint to government is in order about the SRA

Make yourself known to the local press and national press about this bullying, the more exposure the better
  • Pinkychick14
    Options
    I certainly will, thanks. I wonder if the SRA are actually taking note?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Mentioning POFA before POFA existed surely must be FRAUD.

Here is a letter I am sending ti the SRA about these dodgy solicitors, feel free to crib from it.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?84703-Draft-letter-to-the-SRA&p=672379#post672379
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 August 2016 at 7:41PM
    Options

We know that the author of the original example SRA complaint (shown in LoveNorfolk's thread here yesterday by pappa golf):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5490266

... was acknowledged and is being considered. The complaint I based the version supplied by pappa golf, was written by a legally qualified person so I hope your complaint was as strong and specific as that example and yes, we do expect these complaints to be taken seriously.

After all, it is indisputable that misleading stuff is being sent to unrepresented consumers and that breaches CSA and SRA Codes.
    luksakura wrote: »
    Yes. Mine have crossed over in the post. I have 7 days to reply to this one. But already lost 2 days. I sent copies of my parking tickets as i was advised to make a paper trail of evidence. Im stuck as what to to reply to this one aswell. I also sent copies of everything to the sra. My second letter to them was pretty much reapeating what i said in the first one.

Same advice as here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71209002#post71209002

Read pepipoo threads and send a Gan special 'my position is unchanged' is good enough. Read some threads there for inspiration, not the court claim threads, the 'BW Legal letters' threads only.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    edited 26 August 2016 at 7:59PM
    Options

They must take note. I suspect there has been a volume of complaints about BWLEGAL, something the SRA will not be used to.

The SRA on their web site state

"Where there is a failure to comply with the Principles, we take into account the risk posed to the public and consumers to help us decide how best to ensure they are protected. Where the risk posed is serious we can take formal enforcement action, such as limiting or restricting the way they work. In very serious cases, we can close a firm or ensure an individual is unable to practice in the future."

This says that SRA looks at how best to ensure the public are protected. As far as BWLegal are concerned, they lie, they bully, they fabricate an outcome, they threaten, worst of all, they assume the position of a county court judge to issue CCJ's

This must considered as a serious breach and BWLegal fall into this category. The very least we should require from a highly respected authority like the SRA is a strike off of BW Legal to ensure the general public are not harassed or threatened and are protected in the future.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 August 2016 at 7:40PM
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

It is undoubtedly a major point to complain about to the SRA. They had no reason to mention the POFA at all as it is not retrospective to a parking event before October 2012. Can't get much clearer that BW Legal are misleading consumers and need stopping.

Look at this post:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71208147#post71208147

HTH - add to the SRA complaints about BW Legal! Newbies can see LoveNorfolk's thread for what to write (example written by a legally qualified contributor who knows about this industry).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

Here is a letter I am sending ti the SRA about these dodgy solicitors, feel free to crib from it.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?84703-Draft-letter-to-the-SRA&p=672379#post672379

Deep, your letter is good in that it defines the current problem

The bottom line is that we want solicitors who work like the Kray Twins to be struck off.

I will be sending my own letter to the SRA
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2016 at 7:56PM
    Options
    They do strike off huge numbers, there are 174 pages of the naughty boys here

http://www.solicitorstribunal.org.uk/search/JudgementSearch.aspx

Many have funny names.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure