Three network PAYG - free roaming? Really?

Options

Comments

• NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2016 at 11:01AM
    Options
    It's clear that the only purpose of their posting was to try to hurt the business, because they wanted cash back when they probably weren't even due a refund in the first place.
    Three have clearly shown goodwill by applying a £20 credit to the account.

Witnessing the attitude of the OP, I can imagine they they probably did their heads in over the telephone with unreasonable and confusing demands.
  • BushBaby_QC
    Options
    Still completely ignoring what is the real elephant - the breach of promise x 2. £20 is nothing if it is not used.

Nitty Digits and Ryan121 Three fanboys or more likely employees. Attempting to smother the OP. FTI I have complained to Three days ago. I have got a record of the chat. And I have got a case number. And I have made a complaint to the Ombudsmen. And no I'm not still in Spain I returned on the 16th and made a complaint on the 17th. Why anyone would lie about this stuff is beyond me.

The only trolls here are these two. ... 'trying to hurt the business'? Really? As if, babies. Trying to warn others to be careful and not make my mistakes and believe Three customer services - yes.
  • ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 11:01AM
    Options
    I'm not an employee of three or a fanboy. If you had made a complaint as you say you have then you would have had a response by now.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?&_ga=1.82854931.46623151.1460471196#newuser

For this reason, newer forum users have a "newbie" image under their username when they post. We hope it helps other, more regular forum users be more tolerant of new users who may ask questions that seem obvious to them.
    Yes, we're aware some may be spammers, trolls or alter egos. But whatever you think, please just report them without responding on the forum discussion itself.

:rotfl:
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    Still completely ignoring what is the real elephant - the breach of promise x 2. £20 is nothing if it is not used.

Nitty Digits and Ryan121 Three fanboys or more likely employees. Attempting to smother the OP. FTI I have complained to Three days ago. I have got a record of the chat. And I have got a case number. And I have made a complaint to the Ombudsmen. And no I'm not still in Spain I returned on the 16th and made a complaint on the 17th. Why anyone would lie about this stuff is beyond me.

The only trolls here are these two. ... 'trying to hurt the business'? Really? As if, babies. Trying to warn others to be careful and not make my mistakes and believe Three customer services - yes.

Yes, you stated that you would like to hurt the business.
    Thing is if ten people have decided not to use Three on the basis of this and other posts (such as this) then my work is done

Does that sound like a reasonable person awaiting the outcome of a complaint filed with Three just a week ago? Together with a claim of a complaint to the Ombudsman. All within a few days? :rotfl:

That sounds like an unreasonable and irate character to me.

As to being a Three Fanboy, I use EE and T-Mobiles SIMs. I've utilised the Three Feel At Home service a couple of times.

You have caused this situation by yourself. By simply not checking, throughout the month of July and into August, as to whether the credit had been applied or not.

Again, your own words:
    I phoned(In June) and they said they realised the mistake and would rectify it. They didn't. So come August, I checked my balance which was nil and phoned again

Hu? Sorry? What? You didn't bother to check as to whether the problem had been rectified throughout June and July and into August??!!

Yet here you are having written to both Three and the Ombudsman within the space of a few days??!!

You told us that the reason why you didn't check is because "I have a life!". So....your fault that you were too busy to check if the problem had been rectified...as you put it.
    What happened to the life that you claimed to have? If you had put 10% of the time and energy that you are wasting posting such nonsense here(your whole story and nonsense about employees and fanboys), you likely would not have been in your situation in the first place.

You have an utterly unsympathetic character and I for one would be happy to know that you will get nothing more. You were lucky enough to get a credit. Your story sounds like nonsense. Most everyone would check to see if their credit had been reapplied.

As to "babies"....there is only one character here crying and wailing for attention.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    come August, I checked my balance which was nil and phoned again. They agreed another 'mistake' had been made and said they would activate the All In One 20 for the remainder of the month. I received all the required activation texts from them

The op did check in August before he went and received activation texts for the All In One 20 service. You would expect it to work.

I think the best you can expect is a £20 credit on the sim, the other £20 has now being used on the bundle. The fact you did not use much of it is irrelevent. As others have said, sell the sim, keep it for another holiday.
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    The op did check in August before he went and received activation texts for the All In One 20 service. You would expect it to work.

I think the best you can expect is a £20 credit on the sim, the other £20 has now being used on the bundle. The fact you did not use much of it is irrelevent. As others have said, sell the sim, keep it for another holiday.

That's my point. Why would you wait perhaps six weeks before you check if the credit is applied?
    When Three told me that they applied goodwill credit to my account, I checked that it was there before closing the complaint. The OP got off the phone without having any idea as to how the problem would be rectified.
    Surely it would make sense to have a time frame within when they would check.
    It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to apply a credit.. So why wait or simply not bother?

Nonsense about activation texts and it not working are words from the OP. Why not check by making a call, sending a text msg or using data after the 'activation texts' arrived in August?

So, firstly the OP didn't bother to check that credit had been re-applied from June to August and then didn't bother to check again in August as to whether the bundle was applied.
    Just some story about activation texts. How do we know what was written in said activation texts and why would the credit and subsequent bundle disappear as soon as the OP reached Spain?
    The OP has been more than negligent in not checking that claimed re-crediting had been carried out in June, July and again in August(when they claimed 'activation texts' arrived).
    Just a lot of assumptions.

They are lucky to have been re-credited once again.
  • BushBaby_QC
    Options
    Whatever, the ombudsman has now set up a case file and opened a portfolio. The ombudsman will be provided access to Three's notes. The ombudsman will be able to see if I'm lying (as you say) or a Three hating troll (as you say) or simply and aggrieved customer who's been given poor service.

Perhaps nifty and ryan can learn from boatman and others above who though they don't agree my position is winnable, they do in fact respond in a tone which is not insulting nor aggravating. I would not even think of suggesting they (boatman et al) are Three fanboys or trolls. Perhaps you should remember this is a consumer website. Praise them or criticise them - it's what we (as consumers) are, in part, here to do. This is my experience, don't try to overlay yours on to and smother it. Oh, and take the mod's advice too.
  • ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 11:02AM
    Options
    Once again your post doesn't make sense. The ombudsmen doesn't deal with an issue until the complaints process with three is exhausted.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    Whatever, <snip>Oh, and take the mod's advice too.

Which 'mod' would this be?? None has posted on this thread.

I have no dog in the fight. I've recently dealt with Three on a similar issue.. But different from your experience, I checked that the credit was made, rather than assuming and then panicking at the last minute.
    You have no real knowledge of what has happened at all. You don't know if and when credits were made....or if a credit was made at all.
    So posting here as to your experience doesn't help your case as it is just a one sided account.
    You haven't even made clear as to what portal you utilised to purchased the SIM and credit.

You didn't post here for advice. You just posted because you were mad and hoped to put people off from using Three.
    But all you have succeeded in doing is to make sure people don't do the same silly things that you did.
    If a solution is agreed, check that the solution is applied and working before moving on.

I did just that with Three. My credit was applied, I checked that it was so and then I closed the complaint.
    It wouldn't be intelligent for me to not bother to check what they said would be done and to leave checking until I actually intended to utilise it, months later. Then to be under stress and panic.
    Hopefully you have learned from your mistakes.

I'm not saying that Three are perfect. But they have resolved my complaint to my satisfaction and I can't say fairer than that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure