Three network PAYG - free roaming? Really?

Options

Comments

• ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry to break it to you but this is your mistake. When you buy credit with three you have the choice of simply using it in a PAYG way or converting it to an add on. If you bought it in store they would have said that's what they were doing and if online you would have had to do it yourself.

I'm presuming that when you bought the sim you've bought the all in one 20 sim instead of a free sim or £10 sim. I don't see how this could be threes fault.
  • BushBaby_QC
    Options
    You are aware of breach of promise? It's a legal thing. They promised twice to rectify it, leading me to believe a service would be available to me - they didn't and it wasn't. I'm amazed at how many people can't read.

The June conversation took place on or close to the day of purchase. I could have used my seven day cooling off right to nullify the purchase and start over but I trusted them. This was an online transaction which cost them much less than a store sale and none of which I had used or benefited from. If a customer of mine had a similar experience I would want to see them happy. If they had made that mistake it would have been because my purchase procedure was misleading and I would have seen them right and improved things. As it is I've paid £40 for a £20 service and they are keeping my money.

I'm liking that all these Three fanboys keep raising this thread in order to defend what can only be described as utterly poor customer service.
  • ryan121
    Options
    I'm defending three because I know you're in the wrong and they aren't. They are the least complained about network, most recommended and i've dealt with them myself so know what they're like.

If you bought the sim from their site then I know that it was you who selected the wrong sim. There are three choices on the website for a PAYG sim with a clear description of what you are getting with each one.

You bought a sim with an all in one 20 add on. It clearly states on their website the allowance you get and that it only lasts for 30 days.

Three don't have to do anything and probably aren't doing anything because they haven't done anything wrong. Also saying people can't read is a bit insulting considering it was you who clearly didn't read the description of what you were buying!
  • BushBaby_QC
    BushBaby_QC Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 22 August 2016 at 1:13PM
    Options
    You should get your facts right. Three were fined £250,000 last year for poor customer service media.ofcom.org.uk/news/2014/three-action/ . Hardly spotless. Perhaps you can provide evidence for your assertions that they are the least complained about or most recommended?

So a mistake was made. But if I accidentally put a hole in my boat, unable to fix it myself and someone else promises to do so for me, I rely on them to do so before by boat sinks. In this case promises were made TWICE. Unlike you, they weren't arguing about who was right or who was wrong but promised to fix it. Had they not made those promises I would have made alternative arrangements which gave my money to Tesco or another provider. I even received the phone updates and so as far as I was concerned it was ready to use. Yet their systems failed and I ended up paying for it.

You do realise that this is a consumer website and not Three's customer service department? Are you in the right place?
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    You should get your facts right. Three were fined £250,000 last year for poor customer service media.ofcom.org.uk/news/2014/three-action/ . Hardly spotless. Perhaps you can provide evidence for your assertions that they are the least complained about or most recommended?

So a mistake was made. But if I accidentally put a hole in my boat, unable to fix it myself and someone else promises to do so for me, I rely on them to do so before by boat sinks. In this case promises were made TWICE. Unlike you, they weren't arguing about who was right or who was wrong but promised to fix it. Had they not made those promises I would have made alternative arrangements which gave my money to Tesco or another provider. I even received the phone updates and so as far as I was concerned it was ready to use. Yet their systems failed and I ended up paying for it.

You do realise that this is a consumer website and not Three's customer service department? Are you in the right place?

You do know that 2014 was not last year, don't you?
    If you going to berate people for not being able to read, you should make sure that you don't make a similar mistake.
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    Further to your assertions...remember that we have only your word for it.

Three have a system wherein you can track the progress of your complaint online. So you can sign in and click through to read what was reported and what was agreed.

Take note from the link that you have supplied:
    Financial Penalty

Ofcom believes that Three has taken sufficient steps to ensure it is now compliant with its complaints handling obligations.

You don't deny that it was not your mistake that the All In One 20 package was immediately applied.
    So why should Three fund another package for you in August?
    As to the other £20, you complaining that you didn't really need it as you found that you could use your Tesco SIM is again just another mistake that you made. You chose to put another £20 on your account.
    Three have come back and offered to put a £20 credit on your account.
    That to me is excellent customer service. You may just be a terrible customer.
    You had from June to August to make sure that there was a £20 credit on your account. For some reason, you didn't bother to check as to whether there was a £20 credit on your account throughout July.

I had an issue with a Three SIM last week and within ten minutes there was a credit to my account. i checked it was there and that was an end to the matter.
    Yet you didn't check for the whole of July, that there was no £20 credit on the SIM.
    Does that cover the facts? Did I read correctly?
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    How long do Add-ons last?

Add-ons last for 30 days before expiring unless they state otherwise. Once an Add-on expires, any unused allowance on your account will be lost. You can’t roll over your minutes, texts or data to another Add-on.

When you’ve used up an Add-on, we’ll activate the next one automatically if you have a second Add-on queued. If you’ve only got one Add-on, we’ll send you a text message to let you know when you’ve used up 80% of it and then another one when you’ve used it up completely.

You can’t cancel a Pay As You Go Add-on once it’s been activated, you’ll just have to wait until it expires. Unfortunately we can’t offer a refund if you bought an Add-on by mistake.

They've offered you a credit anyway. if you don't want the SIM, sell it.
  • ryan121
    Options

Yes three made a mistake nearly two years ago but it is no longer an issue. Look at ofcoms statistics on complaints and you will see that they are consistently the least complained about network.

I'm not here to defend three but people are quick to blame a business for their own error. As someone else has stated they don't do refunds for people who pick the wrong sim so as far as i'm concerned that's the end of it and you're wasting your time.

If you believe you are right then make an actual complaint with three and let us know what their response is.
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    ryan121 wrote: »
    Yes three made a mistake nearly two years ago but it is no longer an issue. Look at ofcoms statistics on complaints and you will see that they are consistently the least complained about network.

I'm not here to defend three but people are quick to blame a business for their own error. As someone else has stated they don't do refunds for people who pick the wrong sim so as far as i'm concerned that's the end of it and you're wasting your time.

If you believe you are right then make an actual complaint with three and let us know what their response is.

Note that Three actually has credited them with £20 for the unused package in June. Likely because they could see that whilst the bundle was activated, it wasn't actually utilised.
    So in fact they certainly taken steps beyond their basic requirements.

If there was an agreement for £20 to be credited, why did the OP not check that this was so throughout the month of July?
    Chances are that if they purchased the All In One 20 SIM package(a claim which they have not rebutted)

Their post is completely devoid of any suggestion that they could have made any mistakes and attempts to shift all of the blame to Three.
  • BushBaby_QC
    Options
    Are you Three staff or just pathetic trolls? I've already said I was willing to take the hit for the first £20 but was offered a credit which I could use. Yay. PROMISES, PROMISES. But I couldn't use it. It didn't appear. It was dead credit. But I didn't know that. So why would I look around elsewhere when I was relying on Three to plug the hole - AS IT PROMISED? It's the unfulfilled or broken or breached PROMISE that cost me an additional £20. Nothing more or less. I've paid Three £40 for a fragment of a £20 service as I hardly used it anyway. I've already explained I don't want the SIM credit because I won't be using it again and funnily enough I'm not surrounded by people wanting to buy it and rather chuck it in the fire than sell their unreliability to a friend. Perhaps I didn't check what Tesco had to offer because, oh I don't know, maybe I have a life and I DIDN'T NEED IT UNTIL AUGUST at which time I DID CHECK IT and they promised to run the credit for that month. At which time I got the texts from Three and so stupidly thought it was fine. So yes I admit my stupidity or my mistake in trusting Three. But being a bit old fashioned I'd still like to believe that if the staff of a company say something it's staff will honour it.

BTW I have made a complaint to the ombudsman. Still awaiting a response. But please keep replying and lifting the thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure