Three network PAYG - free roaming? Really?

Options

Comments

• BushBaby_QC
    Options
    And what makes Three so different to any other retail supplier. If I buy a jumper and after I get it home I decide i don't want it I'll take it back - unworn. I get a refund. If I take it back after 28 days I'll perhaps get a credit. The CS staff at Three were able to look back through the notes which is why they were willing to add credit for August because they could see it was offered in June, and the reasons given. Information they and I were privvy to but no one else - not even Three fanboys.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    Are you Three staff or just pathetic trolls? I've already said I was willing to take the hit for the first £20 but was offered a credit which I could use. Yay. PROMISES, PROMISES. But I couldn't use it. It didn't appear. It was dead credit. But I didn't know that. So why would I look around elsewhere when I was relying on Three to plug the hole - AS IT PROMISED? It's the unfulfilled or broken or breached PROMISE that cost me an additional £20. Nothing more or less. I've paid Three £40 for a fragment of a £20 service as I hardly used it anyway. I've already explained I don't want the SIM credit because I won't be using it again and funnily enough I'm not surrounded by people wanting to buy it and rather chuck it in the fire than sell their unreliability to a friend. Perhaps I didn't check what Tesco had to offer because, oh I don't know, maybe I have a life and I DIDN'T NEED IT UNTIL AUGUST at which time I DID CHECK IT and they promised to run the credit for that month. At which time I got the texts from Three and so stupidly thought it was fine. So yes I admit my stupidity or my mistake in trusting Three. But being a bit old fashioned I'd still like to believe that if the staff of a company say something it's staff will honour it.

BTW I have made a complaint to the ombudsman. Still awaiting a response. But please keep replying and lifting the thread.

There is no such thing as 'dead credit'. You either had a credit or you did not. Was there a £20 credit on the SIM in July after you spoke to them in June?
    You are just posting nonsense and expecting us to swallow it.
    Let us know how your complaint goes. I think they'll find that Three has acted reasonably.

I too have a life. I checked that the credit was on my SIM before I closed the complaint and in addition the customer service person called me back to confirm that it was there and we could close the case.

Whereas, you...who claims to have a life, is still clambering around, posting here on MSE and writing to the Ombudsman.
    Is that the life about which you boast?

The people here have a wealth of experience. You would do well to not insult them.
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    And what makes Three so different to any other retail supplier. If I buy a jumper and after I get it home I decide i don't want it I'll take it back - unworn. I get a refund. If I take it back after 28 days I'll perhaps get a credit. The CS staff at Three were able to look back through the notes which is why they were willing to add credit for August because they could see it was offered in June, and the reasons given. Information they and I were privvy to but no one else - not even Three fanboys.

No network will refund you for an activated add-on. So Three are no different to any other network in this respect.
    You appear to be desperate to smear Three, but in this case, they appear reasonable. Whereas you appear unreasonable.

Bear in mind that the people here have no bias. They only respond to what has been posted....they don't think that you are in the right...and neither do I.
  • ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can't complain to the ombudsmen until you've made a complaint with three. Just make a complaint with three instead of ranting at us. They have to respond within 3 days.

They have a complaint form on their website. They responded to me in less than 2 days. You might find they're more than reasonable ;)
  • NiftyDigits
    Options

So if we are not privy to the facts, why are you bothering to post here? Keep it between yourself and Three.
    Bear in mind that you have access to the same notes and can print them out here. Then we can see both sides of the story.
    The fact is, that Three have credited you with £20. You purchased a credit of £20 but didn't want All In One 20. So now they have replaced the credit of £20 that you purchased.
    The fact that you no longer want or need it is just your misfortune.

Once again, if you had taken a few minutes in July to ensure that there was a £20 credit ready for you to convert in August, you would have no issue now.

Then in August, before you went on holiday, you didn't bother to check if there was credit or a bundle. You speak of 'activation texts'.
    Do these texts state that you have £20 and then you have All In One 20?

As aforementioned, you leave out a fair amount of detail.

You don't tell which portal was utilised for the initial purchase. You don't state which SIM was purchased and how you found out that the bundle was already activated.
    Doesn't make sense that you would check this in June, but then not check if they had actually bothered to re-credit you for more than a month.
    Methinks you are leaving out crucial detail. Your "I have a life" exclamation simply does not ring true. As anyone looking through your post history will ascertain.
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    ryan121 wrote: »
    You can't complain to the ombudsmen until you've made a complaint with three. Just make a complaint with three instead of ranting at us. They have to respond within 3 days.

They have a complaint form on their website. They responded to me in less than 2 days. You might find they're more than reasonable ;)

In fact if the OP seemed anything close to reasonable and pleasant, I would have passed on the direct number to their UK customer services. But i wouldn't wish them on anyone. Especially after attempting to insult us because we don't necessarily see it from their point of view.
  • amk515
    amk515 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you Three staff or just pathetic trolls? I've already said I was willing to take the hit for the first £20 but was offered a credit which I could use. Yay. PROMISES, PROMISES. But I couldn't use it. It didn't appear. It was dead credit. But I didn't know that. So why would I look around elsewhere when I was relying on Three to plug the hole - AS IT PROMISED? It's the unfulfilled or broken or breached PROMISE that cost me an additional £20. Nothing more or less. I've paid Three £40 for a fragment of a £20 service as I hardly used it anyway. I've already explained I don't want the SIM credit because I won't be using it again and funnily enough I'm not surrounded by people wanting to buy it and rather chuck it in the fire than sell their unreliability to a friend. Perhaps I didn't check what Tesco had to offer because, oh I don't know, maybe I have a life and I DIDN'T NEED IT UNTIL AUGUST at which time I DID CHECK IT and they promised to run the credit for that month. At which time I got the texts from Three and so stupidly thought it was fine. So yes I admit my stupidity or my mistake in trusting Three. But being a bit old fashioned I'd still like to believe that if the staff of a company say something it's staff will honour it.

BTW I have made a complaint to the ombudsman. Still awaiting a response. But please keep replying and lifting the thread.

You'd be better trying to actually give the sim card to someone as they may well be able to use it and not have any problems just like the many people who benefit from their service. Because of a mistake that you made you are now trying to pass on the blame. Three have acted in a way that all mobile providers would act.

I know that Three have had a bad reputation in the past but they have been excellent over the last 4 years, especially for me. Of all the places I travel in this country there is only one spot in particular that I sometimes struggle getting a signal but I have noticed that area is improving.

Their customer service is actually a hell of a lot better than years ago. I had allegedly signed up to a premium rate text service and was being charged for £12 a month for 2 months before I realised the problem. I called Three after trying to get hold of the company without any luck and they asked if I could confirm that I definitely did not sign up. I confirmed this and they contacted the company who gave up and said I would be refunded.

Within the week I had 2 follow up calls from Three to make sure the £12 had been refunded otherwise they would have taken further action but it was sorted by the 2nd call.

The roaming part of the package is also rather good. I was able to use my allowance in the USA which came in handy for sharing my trip with friends and family.

Moral of the story - just because you have had an issue (which appears to be your own fault) doesn't mean that Three are a bad network and nobody should use them.
  • BushBaby_QC
    Options
    If I should sound unreasonable it is because you, just like Three, refuse to acknowledge the key issue here - BREACH of PROMISE. Their unreasonable behaviour and your undeniable inability to spot the elephant in the room leads me to appear a little tetchy. Oh well.

Thing is if ten people have decided not to use Three on the basis of this and other posts (such as this) then my work is done. If Three had acted in a more reasonable manner instead of being SO GREEDY then this thread would not exist and I wouldn't have had to read the ridiculously flawed logic from your trolling minds. Three fanboys. You don't like what I say - blame Three. I'm done here.
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    If I should sound unreasonable it is because you, just like Three, refuse to acknowledge the key issue here - BREACH of PROMISE. Their unreasonable behaviour and your undeniable inability to spot the elephant in the room leads me to appear a little tetchy. Oh well.

Thing is if ten people have decided not to use Three on the basis of this and other posts (such as this) then my work is done. If Three had acted in a more reasonable manner instead of being SO GREEDY then this thread would not exist and I wouldn't have had to read the ridiculously flawed logic from your trolling minds. Three fanboys. You don't like what I say - blame Three. I'm done here.

This is the elephant in the room...and we didn't miss it :)
    It's plain that you were trying to smear Three and everyone here saw through your little scheme.
    It has backfired spectacularly, as most everyone seems to think that Three has acted more than reasonably Anyone reading this thread will likely feel much the same.

Anyone perusing this thread will see your awful unpleasant personality and feel nothing but empathy with the workers at Three....who have clearly gone out of their way to help you.

I think it more likely that more people will give Three a try after seeing this thread.

In addition to this, it appears that you are still in Spain by the looks of it....still able to take advantage of your All In 20' bundle.
  • ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 11:01AM
    Options
    (Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Complains on here for days and doesn't even make a complaint with three. It could have been resolved by now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure