22 Foxhole East

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
3.1K replies 371.3K views

Replies

• f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is the last week of the school hols @kerri_gt ,  none of the school uniform fits!
    MFW#65 April 21 = £85,999.99 next target £80k in December 2021
    E/F £17,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    NSTurtle # 19 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f0xh0les said:
    it is the last week of the school hols @kerri_gt ,  none of the school uniform fits!
    Yup - figured that one out - I guess stores are seeing it as an opportune time to shift some excess stock  esp with the kids all growing since they were last at school - although my friend said her daughters class has more kids in it than at home this time round. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is totally cynical, there is that natural break of 2 weeks that they can observe what sending the kids back to school for X days will do to the R rate, and which variations are most prevalent among the kids.
    We have to remember the vaccine stops people from being seriously ill or hospitalised or dying.  It does not stop you from getting it, so we have to learn to live with this virus and make it as 'non-life threatening' as we can.   What is seriously annoying me is the Oldies who have a date for their second jab, who keep saying
    'Come on now, we are nearly at the finish line' 
    MFW#65 April 21 = £85,999.99 next target £80k in December 2021
    E/F £17,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    NSTurtle # 19 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f0xh0les said:

We have to remember the vaccine stops people from being seriously ill or hospitalised or dying.  It does not stop you from getting it, so we have to learn to live with this virus and make it as 'non-life threatening' as we can.   
    That's what I don't understand about the push for vaccine passports - ok so if people become ill it will hopefully stop them being a drain on other countries health resources, but if there's so much concern about variants spreading what use is having a vaccine passport when you can still carry the virus like a little smuggler. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16