22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    snuff2pay said:
    It is a universal truth that as soon as teenagers and young people realise that there is something in it for them ( money)  they will find the motivation that's needed. Covid won't have changed that.
    And let's face it,  how many of us have been glued to screens for the past year, Teams meetings with work instead of F2F, Zoom exercise classes, Netflix, Amazon Prime, zoom parties/quizzes, Skype chats. I know some of them are technically speaking to other people but its still all from the same four sodding walls and 2D. I swear after this if i never see Zoom again it will be too soon.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    edited 14 February 2021 at 10:53PM
    Options
    I hadn't even thought about the kids going back on 8th March makes it no time at all til Easter. I won't even suggest there is some logic in it, there seems to be none in general to these rules and lockdowns.

I am really hoping stores reopen soon-ish. First world problems but I thought our Paperchase was closing for good, it seems it might be having a refit so at least one nice store to reopen.  Sadly we've lost Topshop, Dotty Ps and Burtons all since Dec lockdown now.  Can't say I regularly shopped in them but its more gaping empty stores in town that has little enough to offer as it is. We've also lost a fab little independent card/gift shop, Monsoon, New Look Poundstretcher and a yoga studio all in the past year (bar NL that closed a while back) and its not a big high street. 

A lesson in soldering sounds fab, used to love that in Tech at school.
    Well done on running the freezer down, i keep trying to do that with ours, then fill it up inadvertently - this time with baked goods rescued from Olio.
    Enjoy half term, at least you won't have as much pressure home schooling. Does DH get the week off? I seem to recall as uni terms are short we didn't get a mid term break (gosh it was a while ago).
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport