IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BW Legal Court Notice ANOTHER

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

it may not mention any PPC

but this 2016 thread with pics indicates it does have a PPC

namely , C P PLUS (it was PCM)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5425517

the fact that its free doesnt mean there are no parking bods about
  • Giant_Hogweed
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    in my opinion the Martin Cutts versus Excel was this Peel Centre in Stockport , not Meadowhall , sorry to say ( unless he got involved with both ? - but Meadowhall used to be a different PPC as seen in the trubster threads )

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/motorist-wins-18-month-ticket-battle-870812

its been going on for years, this Peel Centre saga

no idea where the OP thinks there are 3 parking companies involved ?

its one large retail park with attached but separate car park, all owned by Peel Holdings and managed by Excel

there are maybe 3 separate parking areas on the site, but its Excel that monitor the car park as a whole

perhaps the OP would be better to read this thread over on pepipoo ?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=107907&st=0&start=0

There is no PPC at Meadowhall and never has been

https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/faqs/when-car-park-open-and-how-many-spaces-do-you-have-are-there-disabled-spaces

From their frequently asked questions page.

They do have wardens monitoring use of the disabled and parent and child spaces (what a great idea!) and ticket people who use these bays but are not entitled to.:T
  • Redx
    edited 20 August 2016 at 7:27PM
    Options
    There is no PPC at Meadowhall and never has been

https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/faqs/when-car-park-open-and-how-many-spaces-do-you-have-are-there-disabled-spaces

From their frequently asked questions page.

They do have wardens monitoring use of the disabled and parent and child spaces (what a great idea!) and ticket people who use these bays but are not entitled to.:T

its C P PLUS m8 , and it was PCM before that as trubster correctly pointed out

it may not mention any PPC

but this 2016 thread with pics indicates it does have a PPC

namely , C P PLUS (it was PCM)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5425517

the fact that its free doesnt mean there are no parking bods about
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    Options

Are you confirming that from first hand experience, or just quoting from the FAQs?

The FAQs don't state that there is no PPC involved, just that there are 1200 free parking spaces and 350 disabled spaces.

Plenty of happy hunting grounds offering free parking for PPCs to farm - ask Barry Beavis about the Riverside Retail Park.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just interested in your comment.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    edited 20 August 2016 at 7:23PM
    Options
    I am saying he is wrong , because the pictures were posted and it clearly says CP PLUS on the bottom of them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=70371118&postcount=5

and it was definitely PCM before them , the ones various members had run-ins with

see here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5160782
  • Giant_Hogweed
    Giant_Hogweed Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 August 2016 at 8:59PM
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    I am saying he is wrong , because the pictures were posted and it clearly says CP PLUS on the bottom of them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=70371118&postcount=5

and it was definitely PCM before them , the ones various members had run-ins with

see here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5160782

Sorry mate but we'll meet somewhere in the middle. I'm not wrong BUT there is a PPC active at Meadowhell. Parking at Meadowhell (no that is not a typo, thats how its known up 'ere in't north) is free and the time is unrestricted UNLESS you misuse a disabled or parent and child space, in which case a PPC tickets your car.
    And to be honest, I can't fault them for that, bloody excellent idea as the car park is massive and there's no excuse for being a lazy two-hat when there is ample parking an extra 20 yards further away from the shops.
    There would be little point in having a complex like it with a time restriction for parking at it as it's got about a million shops, cinema, God only knows how many places to eat, many people I know go shopping and spend the whole day there. The fact that they have unrestricted free parking has been blamed locally on the demise of the city centre shops as well as Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster town centres.
    100s (including my lad) work in Sheffield city centre and drove to Meadowhell, parked all day for free and ride the tram into the city. Anyone who has had a ticket at Meadohell has used a parking bay they weren't entitled to use, so deserve the ticket IMHO:naughty:
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    100s (including my lad) work in Sheffield city centre and drove to Meadowhell, parked all day for free and ride the tram into the city. Anyone who has had a ticket at Meadohell has used a parking bay they weren't entitled to use, so deserve the ticket IMHO
    They seem to have your lad covered in the final term of the list of Ts&Cs

'You agree to pay a parking charge if you ......
    - Park your vehicle and leave the site by other means'
    Anyone who has had a ticket at Meadohell has used a parking bay they weren't entitled to use, so deserve the ticket IMHO
    Has he had a ticket?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Giant_Hogweed
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    They seem to have your lad covered in the final term of the list of Ts&Cs

'You agree to pay a parking charge if you ......
    - Park your vehicle and leave the site by other means'

Has he had a ticket?

No, never, as I said, the parking is unrestricted if you park in the correct bays, Tens of 1000s use the place, how on earth would they be able to monitor who leaves (via bus or tram) and who doesn't anyway? They only monitor the bays I mentioned.
    Next time I'm there (and I'm not a frequent visitor) I'll have a look for the signs (which neither myself nor Mrs Hogweed have ever seen) and report back.
    Meanwhile, if its your thing, shop there 'til you drop without worrying about getting an invoice UNLESS YOU USE A BAY YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO USE! :)
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    'Leaving the site' is a massive uphill struggle for PPCs. It doesn't stop them trying. Ibbotson stopped a lot in their tracks, but of late we are seeing more threads of this ilk, suggesting that PPCs are chancing their luck once more, with obviously plenty of 'punters' still gullible enough to cough up, otherwise the PPCs wouldn't be wasting their time.

• Giant_Hogweed
    Options
    I have just looked at one of the links and the signs seem to back up what I've just stated, that is if you park correctly in the correct bay there's no time restriction. Yes it does mention leaving the site and you're liable etc etc blah blah, but I cant see how they could monitor the number of people who use the place. It's massive, and unless the well documented lazy PPC 'agents' suddenly get some sort of work ethic it will continue et al.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport