IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

BW Legal Court Notice ANOTHER

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have seen a letter from Lord (Tariq) Ahmed of Wimbledon, Department of Transport who claims that ...

"that the adjudicators for the two independent appeals service must be entirely independent and impartial and not accountable to the operator in their adjudication of an appeal."

Lord (Tariq) Ahmed should carefully look at the workings of the IPC then as his statement does not apply to them
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its an IPC car park so any CoP problems you wish to raise would go to the IPC , who wont take any notice because its Gladstones

pointless complaining to the BPA as they will say "not us guv , contact the IPC" (hint - Excel have been with the IPC for over 18 months)
  • maxtag
    maxtag Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Looking at the Parking Prankster site re: Excel Peel Ctr signage their current sign isn't much clearer as of 18/9/16.
    It still looks like signage for the retail park.
    In my case as it was dark there are no lights on the signs and in truth you will only "see" 1 sign(with a hell of a lot of info on it, as you turn into the outlet if you are looking in the wrong direction turning left.
    You have to be able to read a sign at 15mph as you turn into the Peel Ctr (DVLA recommendations used by all parking companies)

Interestingly enough there are 3 different parking companies on private land with 3 very different types of signage and regulations
    Could this be used in any way ??

Cheers
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,699 Forumite
    Options
    Interestingly enough there are 3 different parking companies on private land with 3 very different types of signage and regulations
    Could this be used in any way ??
    You could use that as part of your defence if it gets to court, but not by way of a brief paragraph as above, you will need photographic evidence to back up your contention. Get snapping soonest.

You should also read up on the Excel -v- Martin Cutts case as this involved inadequate Excel signage (at Meadowhall, Sheffield).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    edited 26 August 2016 at 4:05PM
    Options
    in my opinion the Martin Cutts versus Excel was this Peel Centre in Stockport in 2011 , not Meadowhall , sorry to say ( unless he got involved with both ? - but Meadowhall used to be a different PPC as seen in the trubster threads )

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/motorist-wins-18-month-ticket-battle-870812

its been going on for years, this Peel Centre saga

no idea where the OP thinks there are 3 parking companies involved ?

its one large retail park with attached but separate car park, all owned by Peel Holdings and managed by Excel

there are maybe 3 separate parking areas on the site, but its Excel that monitor the car park as a whole

perhaps the OP would be better to read this thread over on pepipoo ?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=107907&st=0&start=0
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,699 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, you're correct Red, it was indeed the Peel Centre, Meadowhall as you say was Trubster's case.

As the Cutts case was the Peel Centre, even more need to read and digest that @OP.

Thanks Red.

Aside:
    Jeez, it's busy on here today. I've answered no end of cases and still can't get ahead of the 'Unread threads' list. Phew!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • maxtag
    Options
    I'm talking about the other car parks across the road. Ones Maplins and a food outlet think the others a B&M or something like that.
    Thanks and just investigating avenues.
    Cheers
  • Redx
    Options
    those were patrolled by JAS and not EXCEL , so totally different and completely irrelevant
  • maxtag
    Options
    This is off the IPC code of Pratice document.

Contrast and illumination
    The colours used on signage should be such that the contrast between the background and
    the text makes the wording on the sign clearly legible. Black text on a white background or
    white text on a black background will provide a suitable contrast. Other colour combinations
    can be adopted at your discretion but you should avoid combinations which might cause
    difficulties for the visually impaired.
    If parking enforcement takes place outside of daylight hours you should ensure that signs are
    illuminated or there is sufficient other lighting. You will need to ensure all signs are readable
    during the hours of enforcement as they form the legal basis of any charge.

Very interesting !!!!
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maxtag wrote: »
    I'm talking about the other car parks across the road. Ones Maplins and a food outlet think the others a B&M or something like that.
    Thanks and just investigating avenues.
    Cheers

is this where you were parked?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts