PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

September 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 September 2016 at 11:41AM
    Options
    Morning All, been absent a bit as I have been decluttering and working on my Second Purse / Shop ... I have been picking up items that are on deals that I use all the time ... these include fabric conditioner, multi purpose cleaners, loyd grossman tikka masala, tomato & basil and tomato & chilli, dolmio, wipes. I have also come across deals online ie superdrug members only deal 250ml shower gel 49p each, quidco had a £10 cashback on a £5 spend at wilkos for new customers so I have picked up these also. Now I have a nice base, I will adding my first £10 (payday) to my second purse and will also start buying from my store, and sit back and watch the profit roll in
    WP_20160911_007_zpsnwhnwayg.jpg
    PS I also buy toilet rolls and washing powder at costco - I have factored in the cost of these also
  • purpleybat
    Options
    donnajt wrote: »
    Morning All, been absent a bit as I have been decluttering and working on my Second Purse / Shop ... I have been picking up items that are on deals that I use all the time ... these include fabric conditioner, multi purpose cleaners, loyd grossman tikka masala, tomato & basil and tomato & chilli, dolmio, wipes. I have also come across deals online ie superdrug members only deal 250ml shower gel 49p each, quidco had a £10 cashback on a £5 spend at wilkos for new customers so I have picked up PS I also buy toilet rolls and washing powder at costco - I have factored in the cost of these also

thankyou so much for mentioning the superdrug shower gel offer, its one of the few I can use that doesn't make me itch like mad cos of my skin condition.
    I've taken advantage of the offer to stock up for a year, luckily it comes out of personal budget and not grocery budget as I bought other stuff too.
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Saturday and today were/are going to be NSD so that takes me to 6 so far!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just bread and milk today so £2 spent.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    Hi folks £134/£300

I've got 2 shopping days left until payday, so pretty confident I will make my target this month :T
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • Sayschezza
    Options
    Back from holiday where I spent a few pennies on snacks so £73 spent so far this month and plenty in the cupboards and freezer. I am scared of reducing the budget and failing but as I transferred £62.65 into savings last month and it looks as if I am going to have a fair bit of money left over this month I think it has to be done because I don't feel as if I am stretching myself at the moment which kind of defeats the object.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • tumptyteapot
    Options
    11th Sept, 3 weeks left of the budget because it's a 5 week month argh!

£143 left of £200 grocery budget which is great, then £83 left of the fun budget (beer and eating out) which was originally £160 for the month.

Not terrible and the cupboards are full ish. We had value frozen white fish in a stew with home grown potatos and tomatos today :-)
    Tumptyteapot

• tumptyteapot
    Options
    t14cy_t wrote: »
    Morning all! Still no spends this month so far. 😀. Have a good Sunday all. Xx

wow, that is impressive!
    Tumptyteapot

• buzzyzoe
    Options
    Did the weekly shop today. I never normally get any decent YS goodies as I live in London and stuff is normally reduced from £3 to £2.70 or something along those lines. However, today we went to Tesco about an hour before it closed (it is 24 hour so only actually closes once a week on a Sunday) and got a nice pack of 30p sausages, 2 chicken breasts for 50p, some posh fish fingers for 50p and some cream cakes for pud for 23p. I was pretty chuffed with this! Total cost of shop after coupons and cashback was £8.84 so new total is:
    £19.26/£40
    Mortgage received 21/12/2018
    Mortgage at start - £261,980
    Current mortgage - £260,276
    Saving towards a loft conversion first, then to smash the mortgage down!
  • DanielleNic87
    Options
    £2.94 added... We needed milk (and chocolate :D) x

February GC £26.68/£250

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business