We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Project Mortgage Neutral Begins

Options

Comments

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fantastic exercise. Great that's having a positive effect on your mood too.

It keeps my mind busy and I love being outside. I will have to make an effort to keep it up when I go back to work!
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £600/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15893.61/£22787.04
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Treated myself to 2 new bikins for my holiday today, hopefully they will fit well as I have ordered them online. I was excited to try some new clothes on in town but I didn't like any of them so saved money there. My car has been serviced today and it was all included in my plan so no extra costs :D:money:
    I am doing a loch swim tonight so not doing too much today, I would love to go out on my bike but I am trying not to do too much too soon. I might try and stop the infestation of wild straberries in my back garden instead.
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Rain stopped play before I even made it outside :( instead I have started sorting out my holiday clothes and my 3rd bedroom for my family arriving on Friday. A few things to move to the garage or store under my bed (this wouldn't have been necessary if my roof had been done) and I will be ready to clean it, pump the airbed up and make it.
  • ajmoney
    Options
    I logged onto my bank this morning to check my mortgage totals as I do every day but they have disappeared...has anyone kindly paid my mortgage off overnight without telling me? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Good job today isn't an overpayment day as I can't even see them to make a payment.

My loch swim last night was incredible, very cold and it took a while to get swimming but it was so much fun. The views were beautiful and I met some very friendly people. The only down side with swimming in the evening is I don't sleep so well, it is hard to rehydrate and refuel between finishing and going to bed so I need to do some research into this. I am meant to be swimming tonight and tomorrow morning but tomorrow's one is the furthest I have ever covered outside so I might rest and do something else today so I have the energy. I certainly don't want to do this but will see how today goes.
  • ajmoney
    Options
    I have had it with workmen and businesses. Garage door people were meant to come back to fit the other locks at 9.30 this morning, at 10.30 I rang to find out where they were to be told they had gone to the wrong job first (they knew I could only be in until 11). They said they could come back between 2 and 3.30 this afternoon so I rescheduled my plans. I called them at 4.30 to find out what was going on to be told they were still on another job and because of the time wouldn't be able to come to me today. They weren't able to come when I am free on Friday so I am having to leave a key for them to do the work tomorrow, I have made sure the guy on the other end of the phone knows how angry I am, especially as the reason they suggested I have the stronger system is because Mr AJM's motorbikes are in there and I now how to trust them with a key :mad::mad::mad: The guy said sorry but after sitting in for 3 and a half hours today that is the last thing I want to hear. I am meant to be going out for a lovely day tomorrow but I know at the back of my mind I will be wondering if they have turned up and safely put the key back through my letterbox like I have asked. Why are all the companies that I am using letting me down??? I have now missed the chance to do a tip run and unsure what time I will be back tomorrow so I will have to juggle that around getting everything sorted for my family arriving on Friday.

I need to find something to do to destress now, shame I am not swimming tonight.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hope you find something lovely to do. I'm planning a pizza with salad and vegging in front of TV.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    hope you find something lovely to do. I'm planning a pizza with salad and vegging in front of TV.
    I went for a short walk to ald! as I didn't have anything in for my dinner, it is not what I had planned but should give me the energy I need for my swim tomorrow. I might head out for another walk later depending on the weather, if not I will force myself to sort stuff in the house so I can relax tomorrow evening if the swim taked it out of me. Although I wasn't swimming tonight I had intended to meet the club for a chat and then walk around the loch while they were in the water or cycle earlier.

My mortgages came back to life earlier :rotfl::rotfl: it turns out I don't have someone secretly clearing it for me.
  • ajmoney
    Options
    I only managed 200m of my 5k swim this morning, it was really windy making the waves quite large. The others I was with went a bit further but I decided to abort so I keep enjoying it as I certainly wasn't at the time. You never know, when I am more experienced I might be able to swim in choppier waters but not right now. The bonus is I got home and managed to get the tip run done, I have also cleaned all 3 bedrooms, got the air bed set up and made and moved the flat pack furniture that was in there to the garage.

Time for dinner and a bit more tidying/cleaning while it cooks and then I might go out for a walk seeing as it is such a lovely evening here. I am trying to get as much done today as possible so I am not constantly on the go before my family arrive. Hopefully just the shopping and maybe a swim :D

Today has been a cheap day but I have the option of buying a second hand road bike from someone in the triathlon club for a good price so it might end a little more expensive than it started!!!
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Loch swimming sounds really cool in both senses of the word. Hope your garage locks get sorted.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 235 payments to go - now £182,428 Equity 27.02%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £13.45K
    3) CC £6.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.2K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.1K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
    6) SIPP £4.1K
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Trying to come up with a shopping list so I can feed my family this weekend but trying to work out meals that keeps everyone happy is proving a little tough. Each set of people has their own quirks of things that they won't eat, going to refer to online recipe websites for inspiration and hopefully I will come up with a plan before they arrive.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport