Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• MarcusMagician
    Options
    I run social media competitions for work and it doesn't matter with the sob story. I just make sure all Ts&Cs are correct and the winner is picked using an application so I don't even get the choice in that myself. I think most decent companies will use an app to pick winners as it covers there back in case anything gets brought up.

But do note on competitions that ask for a share (Which is against the rules on Facebook) that due to security, companies CANNOT track shares and so they CANNOT tell if you have shared the post or not if your account is set to private.
  • strawberri_shortcake
    Options
    When people say something like "OMG I love these socks sooooo much! Please pick me! I really need these socks! Fingers and toes crossed soooo tightly!"... I almost want to send them £2 and say "for God's sake, buy yourself some damn socks!"
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hdh74 wrote: »
    I saw someone in a group the other day having a melt down because someone else was using her 'entry' ie the 'omg hearts and flowers awesome' paragraph (very long and lots of emojis) she had apparently spent ages perfecting. To use on every face book page. And someone else had copied and pasted it to use. The poster got lots of sympathetic clucking and encouragement to make a new 'even better' one.

I moved on quickly....

I saw something similar about a month ago on one of the groups complaining of the same thing. The thing is, is that the person was saying things somewhere along the lines of 'I have issues and you are setting them off' and blaming them for their lack of wins. I must admit got a bit perturbed by that, because it sounded, well, a bit daft (not taking the wee-wee out of anybody's health, but there was no need to blame something like copying and pasting a paragraph for their lack of winning and health issues). They were getting a lot of sympathy, and people were suggesting that they just block the person doing it.
    I must admit that I resisted the urge to suggest that they don't do that in the first place, but I can't have been the only one thinking it. I did the same thing, just moved on to something else.
    It's getting rather silly now, isn't it?
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • wandering_nomad
    Options
    I've started looking for these entries now!
  • barbedwire71
    Options
    interesting replies, but everyone has their own method and so what if they 'really' want to win a pair of socks. who are we to judge? something needs to be put down so why not that? The 'Im in love' is probably me because I do actually love the prizes. the thing is I wouldn't even have time to see what everyone else has put, each to there own.
  • dontone
    Options
    I've started looking for these entries now!

As I've said before, wait until Christmas. There will be a thread about it for sure (until it gets locked & deleted)
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Speaking of Christmas...........Only 117 days until Christmas - that is 92 days untill the Advents officially start! animated-merry-christmas-image-0174.gif Eeeek! I am soooooooooooooooooo excited!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • dontone
    edited 29 August 2016 at 9:24PM
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    Speaking of Christmas...........Only 117 days until Christmas - that is 92 days untill the Advents officially start! animated-merry-christmas-image-0174.gif Eeeek! I am soooooooooooooooooo excited!

Eeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!! It's going far too quickly. Lets hope there are some exciting Advents to come as well, the last couple of years have been a bit pants. We demand a vast improvement, lol.
    BTW, it must be nearly September 'cos Tesco has starting stocking tubs of Quality Street. Haven't seen any mince pies yet though. :D
    Be Lucky

• jakesmum
    jakesmum Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So glad its not just me who hates all that drivel that people post, I try to just put the answer or if not then I put in a 'witty' comment or something, can't stand those 'My sister has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness and this break away would really help brighten our day' ones etc etc, I saw one the other week (can't remember for the life of me what it was now) and it made my blood boil with rage it was so cringeworthy!! Nobody deserves to win on the basis of some naff sob story, we all have our problems and I don't think using them for financial gain is appropriate.. oooh I feel better now I have got that off my chest. :D
  • taxiphil
    taxiphil Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi's latest comp was won by someone who added a photo :(https://www.facebook.com/AldiUK/videos/1180068415387292/?comment_id=1060867797283198&ref=notif&notif_t=video_reply&notif_id=1470644302406287

Would help if the companies followed their own rules and FB enforced their's re sharing

That really, really winds me up too!!! :mad:

EXACTLY the same thing happened a while ago in a FB comp by The Range to win a barbecue. The task was to answer a question. But, surprise surprise, someone I'm sure we're all familiar with entered with a wacky zany photo (which they'd already used in numerous other BBQ comps) and was selected as the winner.

It's not fair towards the people who follow the competition rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure