We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi PurpleMum!

Have found your diary and subscribed! I hate taking DS shopping with me - not because he hates it but because he wants to push the trolley/carry the list/get the items/scan them - everything but pay for and pack them!! He is a good lad really but I do fear for everyone's legs when he's pushing the trolley - he's more clumsy than I am!!

Do you meal plan at all? It's something I really must do but can never seem to get the hang of it and keep putting it off. I need inspiration!

Anyway, hope you have a lovely day xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Smolly :) DD is usually happy to come along, she puts her build a bear in the seat and pushes the trolley with no problems, apart from guidance lol. Think she had an off day today.

I do meal plan, hate it but do it. We have a list of all the meals we like to eat and plan each week accordingly.

Have a lovely Sunday xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Quick update before bed.

Roast beef dinner eaten, now fighting a 'roast coma' lol. Love this time of year. Had enough left so I have lunch for tomorrow.

On a mission to see how many NSD I can get this week - BOB and fru-girl I blame you!

Nothing else to report, so I'm going to sign off. Night all xx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm with you on that. Lovely walk in the park this afternoon. Just enough chill in the air to make it feel wintery while the sun still shone. Here's to woolies weather :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

Back to school for DD, DS has this week off.

Should be a NSD today, aiming for an AFD too.

Got my lunch in my bag, with plenty of snacks, so no need to venture out at lunch time. I may just go for a walk though.

Fingers crossed I'll hear something today regarding interviews.

Made low overpayment to MBNA, not as much as I'd like but until the work situation is confirmed I can't go mad.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not a NSD....had to buy a stamp for a competition I had entered.

Still a LSD though :)

First interview came back as a no....I thought that would've been the case as they were after usage of a specific piece of software that they use, which I don't have any knowledge of.

Agency is going to chase the other one this afternoon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So DS in his infinite wisdom invited a friend round today, who he knows is banned from the house.

Said friend, has stolen money from the change saved and bagged up....don't know how much until I check, think it's just £4 and went through my underwear draw :mad::mad: I only found out about that when I discovered one of my bras downstairs in the dining room under the radiator and my underwear draw wide open.

DS is now grounded and has chores to do tomorrow, for starters and it has been drilled in to his brain that said little pr!ck doesn't come near this house again.

DH has erupted like Vesuvius and all holy hell has broken loose this evening.

On the upside, I haven't had a drink tonight and have made my lunch for tomorrow.

I do hope tomorrow is going to be better!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 November 2016 at 6:29AM
    Options
    New month, new start - 24 days until the end of the project.

Can finally work on my targets for November and try to keep us on track.

AFD yesterday, slept ok.

To remind me:

So what does November looks like:

GET A NEW JOB
    £10pw spending allowance - any money left over, will then be put in the savings.
    Meal plan – going well so far
    Grocery budget – need one, contemplating taking money out per week and trying to budget that way?
    NSD and LSD – a must, I have a birthday coming up on the 1st December so need to make sure I don’t over spend.
    Lunches to work – this is something that has to happen
    Revise my spreadsheet to make it more realistic – take out needless bits
    Photograph and upload to eBay
    LAD and NAD – a must, not drinking excessively but could do with cutting down/having a break from it, as it will help my OLP and my Vitiligo
    Decent sleep – this will help especially after my cold, I should aim for a decent amount of hours per night
    Breakfast in the morning before leaving the house – my downfall and results in my buying breakfast. I also have a travel mug, so could possibly benefit from using that too on the train.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Breakfast in the morning before leaving the house – my downfall and results in my buying breakfast. I also have a travel mug, so could possibly benefit from using that too on the train.
    This is where I fall down too. I'm going to buy a travel cup. Good luck with your November goals :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening,

NSD today :) did a small top up shop, but that's accounted for.

I also took my lunch today and have got left over dinner from tonight for lunch tomorrow.

DS has cadets tonight.

I made toast this morning and ate it whilst I was waiting for the train and my travel mug is now clean, so I can use it tomorrow whilst on the train.

Feeling focussed at long last.

Job news.....I got the job, they just need to sort the financial side of things out before they send out the offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport