I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on resisting coffee shop. No sense in beating yourself up but if Barclaycard had not been taking a ridiculously low minimum payment you would have been forced to deal with this when the debt was presumably lower. I think the analogy of hanging off a cliff is good and shows your DH gets it even if he, like you, feels powerless to do anything. Small steps will make the difference though.

Thanks. That’s why I thought of stopping ds’s lunch , it’s £2.40 per week but that added to the 20p Capri Sun a day is a £3.40 per week saving. £132.60 in a school year just by cutting on those two things.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Capri sun is loaded with sugar anyway so you are doing your son a favour health wise
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    I've just read your entire diary and you've come so far from doing the money transfers all the time. I am rooting for you to pull through and get this debt down.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Storm89 wrote: »
    I've just read your entire diary and you've come so far from doing the money transfers all the time. I am rooting for you to pull through and get this debt down.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have really tightened your budget , and you can only see how the next couple of months go . You can still see your friends without spending lots of money as you have found out.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning ,

I sorted my low mood out yesterday by keeping busy which seemed to do the trick. I ticked a lot of things off my long list ( I only list priority jobs on here). I currently feel in a better mood and pleased with how well I’m doing. The aim is to clear as much as I can over the next few months to reduce the minimums. It’s quite exciting challenging myself seeing how long our entertainment money can last. I have £50 to last until 20th. I have £40 p/w on food but I have meal planned and I don’t need too many bits other than the usual milk, fruit etc. My dh is def on the ball and is even starting to use the word frugal. My sister has picked up on the fact that this is my word of the year. My 16 year old hadn’t heard of it and said I know as you want to be frubal or whatever it is :rotfl:

Today I need to:

Pack and post business item and answer offers
    Washing
    Food shopping

Have a lovely frugal day everyone.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Frubel - love it. That should be your word of the year

Frugal, but with a hint of fun/silliness and 'I'm not going to let this s**t get me down' in it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bless him, love it and definitely the word for the year lol

You're doing great hun and your mindset has changed drastically xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Food shopping done £25.02, I’m very pleased with that.

I’ve also cleared the very balance!
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    yay to the very balance . I have one of those hanging over me so can't wait to get shot of it too. is that your weekly shop for that price? don't know if I missed some posts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback