I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks. Yes it is but may need more fruit mid next week. I’m on a tight budget so am using the freezer and cupboard supplies up.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    oh yeah that makes sense. January seems like such a long month doesn't it.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on the frugal shop and clearing very.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Woo hoo, another one bites the dust. Does that mean you have a bit more to snowball onto the dreaded b-card now?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Woo hoo, another one bites the dust. Does that mean you have a bit more to snowball onto the dreaded b-card now?

Hopefully, it has reduced my outgoings by £25 but we are going to have a shortfall so it just reduces that.

I did make some sales today so I paid £100 off the bc
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on the £100 to Barclaycard. Do the minimums increase from January or February?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Mine is January and dh is Feb
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All going well , especially with the shopping .
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I haven’t got much planned this weekend but have asked dh if he can take the chn swimming ( it’s free) to give me the chance to catch up with admin for my business. This past week has been successful with me doing lots of jobs off my list ( like tidying cupboards etc). I would like to get all my jobs off the list that don’t involve money. I have get new passports on my list , we are not going abroad but I have family abroad and worry if anything happens we wouldn’t be able to go. It happened a few years ago a family member sadly passed away and my dd couldn’t come as she didn’t have a passport. I also would like as much off my list now so if I find a job I don’t have lists of things to do.

I have been job hunting every day but there is nothing suitable :(
    I am unsure what to do with money from sales should I use it on my bc ( currently 0% until jan 2019) but high minimum or pay towards the Nuba which is 0% until June or pay toward dh bc which will have the higher minimum from Feb and is 6.9%? ( but is a lower rate then the Nuba or my bc will go to). The reason I paid £100 off my bc yesterday is because I’m wanting to lower the balance ASAP to reduce the minimum.

Have a good frugal day everyone
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I'm no expert, but personally I think getting the minimum payments lower on the barclaycards to reduce your monthly shortfall may be the way to go. Unless you can clear something else and snowballing the payments from that will cover the shortfall.

Someone else may have a much better answer than me.

While you are job hunting, could dh do any overtime at work to cover the shortfall?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure