I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi debtaghh, I used to follow your diary with an old account and noticed you haven't updated in a long time. I hope you are ok. 
    Hi debtaghh,

Hope all's well with you?

Pmo2
    xx
    Hi,

I can't believe it has been so long! How are you both?

I can't even remember where and how I left off here. 

I started my business is June 2020, which has had it's ups and down. I still have an employed job too.

• debtaghh
    Options
    motivated said:
    Hi debtaghh
    hope you are well and keeping positive (says me)  :/
    This current situation has impacted so many but hopefully we all come out the other side and are able to move on.    Teaspoon  at the ready debtaghh
    x
    Hi,

How is your lake? :)
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

I have been on here for years and was active for a while but then I stopped. My debt is awful but I am not brave enough at the minute to put it back up on here.

I have continued to do the same things I have previously mentioned on here with spending on breaks away in the UK, whilst cutting back on smaller things. I know this is wrong. I have struggled with my mental health and a few other health issues.

I am going to try and go back to basics and read some of the diaries on here and get some motivation back. 

Since this morning, I have already listed some items on eBay and Facebook and already have a bid on one item!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Welcome back and good to see you posting.

Well done on getting some bits listed on ebay/facebook , remember baby steps and be kind to yourself.

I'm currently struggling with MH as are a lot of people and find I have days where loads get done and other days i find it hard to get motivated to do much, just take each day at a time and take care of yourself. xx

Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Welcome back and good to see you posting.

Well done on getting some bits listed on ebay/facebook , remember baby steps and be kind to yourself.

I'm currently struggling with MH as are a lot of people and find I have days where loads get done and other days i find it hard to get motivated to do much, just take each day at a time and take care of yourself. xx

Thanks so much. Sorry to hear you are struggling too xx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,152 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Welcome back @debtaghh, I remember you used to be a regular part of this board!

It sounds as though you have more than enough to cope with so perhaps choose just a very few things to prioritise from whatever your categories are. For instance, MH - aim do something that helps you each day. Holidays - I'd imagine they help you cope but is there a way you could reduce costs such as cheaper accommodation, house swap, self cater? (Sorry, I'm just throwing ideas about, I have no idea what is appropriate in your case). 

Please keep posting, it's good to have you back. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Welcome back @debtaghh, I remember you used to be a regular part of this board!

It sounds as though you have more than enough to cope with so perhaps choose just a very few things to prioritise from whatever your categories are. For instance, MH - aim do something that helps you each day. Holidays - I'd imagine they help you cope but is there a way you could reduce costs such as cheaper accommodation, house swap, self cater? (Sorry, I'm just throwing ideas about, I have no idea what is appropriate in your case). 

Please keep posting, it's good to have you back. :)
    Thanks. I definitely need to work on things. I'm trying to take more me time. With regards to the holidays, yes I should do much cheaper things.

im going to try and post more on here x
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,152 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I went back to the beginning of your diary and found you were already thinking along these lines - in fact because it's your life, you have probably already thought things through a lot more than I have, and have lots of ideas. Don't overwhelm yourself though! Maybe pick a couple of things you feel you can achieve and focus on those?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I went back to the beginning of your diary and found you were already thinking along these lines - in fact because it's your life, you have probably already thought things through a lot more than I have, and have lots of ideas. Don't overwhelm yourself though! Maybe pick a couple of things you feel you can achieve and focus on those?
    Thanks. I feel like I try but then lose focus but I am back on it now!
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

I have managed to pick up a few hours of overtime today which wasn't expected. It's not a lot of hours but all adds up. I still have bits selling on eBay and one item is going for a lot more than I thought! 

I managed to cancel one holiday and it was the most expensive one, so that's good and I feel happy about that.

I am thinking of getting a cashback card to use every month on food etc and pay off... what are your thoughts on this? I know I would have to be disciplined but thought it would be a good way to get money back. 

I dropped off old ink cartridges a while back to Tesco and am due about £17 worth of points, which I thought would be nice to exchange for restaurant vouchers for when we are away. 

I'm cancelling my Tesco order for tomorrow, as Lidl have offered me a voucher of £5 off a £25 spend. I've done a shopping list and I don't need a lot, so am hoping to get this week's shop for no more than £50!

Hope you all have a great day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure