I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• DrSpendingLittle
    Options
    Another one who recommends Bulb! 
    </code><div class="post-text-align-center"><code>🤭 Debt on 1st August 2017:&nbsp;£13,985.17
    🥳 Debt free date: 29th March 2019 (see my&nbsp;<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5698502/reducing-debt-being-accountable-and-taking-responsibility/p1">debt free journey</a>)<br>🌟 Making plans and spending as little as possible along the way 🌟
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 February 2020 at 7:11AM
    Options
    Thank you. When I did a check, Bulb wasn't one of the ones that came up as the cheapest. Thanks 
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

What strange times , we are currently in. Hope everyone is doing ok. 

I have been furloughed so only got half my salary in March and lost other income that wasn't guaranteed but was semi regular ( OH's overtime ). 

This is definitely teaching me a lot of things and made me reflect on things too.

Health is the most important thing.

Keep safe everyone x
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi debtaghh

hope you doing ok in this very unstable situation we find ourselves in.   I've just been watching the news thinking who would've thought the UK would end up like this...
    I'm trying not to stress too much over the situation and taking each day as it comes. 
    As if I'm not already in a complete mess lol
    x

Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you motivated.  All we can do is take each day as it comes xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe. Financially like I am sure for many people life is hard. 

Stay safe x
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,632 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry you have been furloughed and finding money tight debtaghh.  I think this lockdown has affected people in one of two ways.  If you  are working from home or furloughed on 100% pay then most people seem to be better off with no commuting costs and not as many opportunities to spend so lots of spare money.  If you are on zero hours contracts or self employed or rely on overtime then money is tight.  Hope you can go back to work soon. As you say though health is the most important thing. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi debtaghh
    hope you are well and keeping positive (says me)  :/
    This current situation has impacted so many but hopefully we all come out the other side and are able to move on.    Teaspoon  at the ready debtaghh
    x
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Debt_Me_Out_Of_Here
    Options
    Hi debtaghh, I used to follow your diary with an old account and noticed you haven't updated in a long time. I hope you are ok. 
    Starting debt 2018: £26,000
    Current debt as of 1st July 2021: £15,278
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi debtaghh,

Hope all's well with you?

Pmo2
    xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing