I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I'm glad to be back and am definitely more focused! Purple mum I've still been reading your diary and you're doing well.

I have an interview today so fingers crossed I get it. I had an interview a while back for another company but didn't hear back even though they pretty much offered me the job. I did chase it and they said they hadn't made any formal decisions:mad:

I have quite a busy morning:

Load washing and hang up outside
    Take ds for his blood test
    Take dd to party
    Attend interview... hopefully get the job!
    Look at finances
    Meal plan until dh next payday
    Maybe make a small payment on the barclaycard ( I have a balance of £2285 that will be on 14.9% from 1st July, it was a higher balance so have been clearing it but still too high to pay that kind of interest)
    Check if I have any new 0% on barclaycard to clear other balances

Think that's it, have a lovely day everyone.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not many people comment on my diary , but I do it for me , it makes me feel positive if I write down any progress or set backs. Keep posting and see if it helps you. Good luck.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Not many people comment on my diary , but I do it for me , it makes me feel positive if I write down any progress or set backs. Keep posting and see if it helps you. Good luck.

Thanks, I know what you mean as I'm subscribed to 34 diaries and barely reply. I'm doing it to keep focused and I'm determined to get rid of this debt even though it's going to take years!
  • reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I read it! Good luck, you can do it! Writing it all down on this really does help I think xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning Lovely,

Good luck with your interview today, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hope the interview is successful, good luck!
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hope the interview is successful, good luck!
    Morning Lovely,

Good luck with your interview today, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. x
    I read it! Good luck, you can do it! Writing it all down on this really does help I think xx

Thank you for all your lovely messages.

I think the interview went well but I don't think it will work as is too many hours and not enough pay which means once I pay out for childcare I'll be lucky to make any money plus the shift pattern will clash with my husband's. Feeling a bit frustrated with this job business.

I managed to get everything done today that I needed to and was pleased with my £50 food shop at Lidl. The next few months are going to be very tight. I managed to negotiate with barclaycard and the balance that is due to go to 14.9% will now be on 10.2% instead which is a bit better.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Good morning,

I'm out today with the kids and friends so going to be a spend day.

Today I need to:

Hoover
    Maybe post items
    Relook at finances
    Count coins
    Buy bits for dd for school
    Maybe make another small payment to barclaycard

Not much of a list today as am feeling quite tired and my back is playing up.

Have a nice day everyone.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ps I forgot to say subscribed to your diary , enjoy your day.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Good morning,

I managed to get everything done yesterday apart from posting my items which are ready to go today. I made another payment on my barclaycard ( prob shouldn't have done and leave myself short but like making payments!).

With regards to the job front I phoned up about the one I went for a while back and they are mucking me around so assume I haven't got it. The one I went for the other day I got but I don't know what to do as it's a role I don't particularly want, longer hours but my biggest issue is the money. Due to childcare I'd be lucky to clear £275 per month. I feel in a dilemma as that money would be helpful but I'd be out the house for at least 3 days per week to earn that. It would also mean relying on my teenager to look after my ds in the summer holidays and picking him up from the childminder after school.
    We are seeing friends all weekend so my list today is :

Post items
    Pop to the shops to get fresh bread
    Hoover
    Washing
    Decide on job and let company know
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts