I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    How does your teenager feel about it? When I went back to work after my second child I was about £20pw better off then staying at home, but it was worth it in the longer-term.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tori.k wrote: »
    How does your teenager feel about it? When I went back to work after my second child I was about £20pw better off then staying at home, but it was worth it in the longer-term.

She says she is fine with it but I just think she'll let him do what he wants all day. The thing is it's not a career I want so would only be doing it for the money... which we need but feels like a massive sacrifice to miss out on the kids, do a role I don't want ( and potentially cause me more back issues) for £275 per month🤔
  • tori.k
    Options
    If it going to effect your health it's never worth it, but i,ve always found its easier to find better work within a job then without if anything it just shows a regular working pattern I think half the battle for working mother's and companies is them to know and us to prove that we can commit to the working hours, and a work history provides both parties that information.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    tori.k wrote: »
    If it going to effect your health it's never worth it, but i,ve always found its easier to find better work within a job then without if anything it just shows a regular working pattern I think half the battle for working mother's and companies is them to know and us to prove that we can commit to the working hours, and a work history provides both parties that information.

I know but I am employed by another company, I just work as and when they need me and they pay really good money so would potentially have to not do this if it clashes but it's only about 10 times a year. So this job should show I'm reliable etc. When I last worked in the field that I have got the job for I used to come home in tears from my pain:(
  • tori.k
    Options
    If you don't have your health you don't have anything, I think you answer your own question about what to do about the offer :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Only you can decide what's best for you. However £275 a month in my eyes is quite a lot!

It's never going to be thousands while needing to pay childcare, but it at least gets you back into the swing of things for when the childcare won't be needed anymore.

You have to do what's best for you.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I decided to turn the job down as I spoke to my mum and she even said she remembered how much pain I was in when I did a similar job. I still have a job from home that I do and work for a company so will have that on my cv. I have re looked at the budget and things will be tight but I'll have to do it and remember that I am doing this for my health and family. I'm going to stop applying for the field that I got the job for and focus in the area that I want and is more suited to me due to my back. My budget doesn't include savings for car/emergencies and presents but we can't afford to save for them but do have some savings already. I'm hoping things will improve from September as my business should start to improve and I will then start saving again.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hi,

I have been very spoilt by our friends who treated us all to dinner and a day out today. I've had my first nsd this month and was given £10 by my mum. I will put this in my pot as was unexpected. I'm feeling less stressed about money and need to keep focusing on paying small bits as these add up and the key is not using the credit cards anymore, which we haven't for a while. We have cleared £800 since mid may.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

We have rain here , I'm glad I made the decision to not hang my washing up although it has meant me having to use the tumble dryer ( first time in about 2 weeks). I made a very small sale yesterday which I will put towards the credit card, it's only £5 but all helps.

Today I need to:

Hoover
    Make small payment on cc
    Post item
    Look at accounts
    Put washing away
    Submit meter readings to see if we can reduce our direct debit even by a small amount.
    Pop to the shops to get bits that dd needs for school tomorrow which means it won't be a nsd.

Think that is it apart from the normal mandane jobs.

Have a lovely day everyone.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I have made another sale so with the sale from yesterday I've paid another £10 towards the cc.... all helps.

I submitted my meter readings and have managed to reduce the direct debit by £3.

All jobs on my list have been achieved and still feeling motivated and determined to clear this debt asap. I want to have to use as less as possible from the savings to top our income as that was originally allocated for Christmas presents. If we can get our minimums reduced we will be in a much better place financially so that's my aim rather than clearing debt ( as that will happen anyway and our debt is so high that I can't see the light if I look at it this way).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback