PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• DottyBearP
    DottyBearP Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Please can I join with £240.

It's the first time with my husband on board so I'm hoping that makes it easier to stick to as he is the one carrying the cash!
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I think I need to have this month off as I have three lots of visitors coming over the next four weeks. Hope to get back on track in September.
  • amydoll83
    amydoll83 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've watched this thread for several months with the intention of joining, but obviously haven't.

However, our first baby is due in January �� so would like to get ahead with budgeting.

Could I please be put down for £200 this is for me and oh, and our dog. Our month will run from 31st July to 28th August. Our main problem is spending extra money on snacks xx
  • Whoknowskt89
    Whoknowskt89 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Newshound!
    Options
    Can I join please? I'd like to go for £75 for 1 adult, 2 cats and 2 kittens!
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have my main MrT shop coming today and I plan on going to the local (cheaper) shops to pick up the rest of the things we need, so will pop by later with the totals. I want to see if Mr T substitutes anything first before I post my totals.

Aiming for £165 this month, but coming in under £185 is also an achievement.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just done some workings out. Based on the last two months overspends, I am so far £85 over budget on the year for the food shops.

To come back under budget I will have to reduce the rest of the years shopping budgets by £17, so £168 each month.

New targets for the rest of the year each month is £168.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 July 2016 at 11:32AM
    Options
    Made a lovely tea last night with what I had in the house, except for a sachet of chow mein stir fry sauce which was 68p. It was Quorn Vegan Pieces (been in the freezer for aaages as couldn't think of something to do with them!), red onion, leek, cauliflower, courgettes and mushrooms, cooked in a little sesame oil then added the chow mein sauce at the end... it was absolutely delicious and I have my leftovers for lunch today! As it's just me, I tend to make an extra portion of my tea for the next day's lunch, otherwise fall into the trap of buying stuff!

image1.jpg

August Grocery Challenge:
    26/07/16: Tesco (Breakfast Things) ...£7.75.......£92.25 remaining
    26/07/16: Tesco (Stir Fry Sauce) .....£0.68.......£91.57
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • AlwaysHungry2016
    Options
    Hello,

please could I get my groceries budget updated to £50 this month. I am away most of the time, so the remaining 12 days between pay-days will have to do with much smaller funds :)

Thank you X
    GC May £0/£150
    GC Mar £46.95/£150
    GC Feb £185.75/£150
  • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    Options
    Sticking with £200 this month as i've changed to fit my work pay which is 25th of each month.

Currently at £29.28 after a couple of days but that's stocked up a few bits.
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • bluesky1989
    bluesky1989 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Already spent £60 on a weekly shop and will be heading to the market on Sunday for a massive meat box for £60 - but I'll be portioning and freezing it!
    DFW beginning 24/06/16 - current balances as of 28/07/16 are:
    £1320 / £1520 Paypal Credit
    £5413 / £6913 BarclayCard
    Total: £6733 / £8433 Hopeful DFD - October 2016!
    Grocery Challenge August: £56 / £375
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport