PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• oohlaloo
    Options
    Hello all :j Please can I join?

I thought about going in at £200 for the month but really I think that is unrealistic for now. Please can you put me down for £300 for the month. This is for two adults, two children, a cat and a dog. All food, cleaning and pet supplies is to come from this budget.

Going to start next weekend after pay day! :T
  • Sylar321
    Sylar321 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Please can I join for August?
    I'm gonna go for £300. Food, cleaning products, toiletries and pet supplies to be included. Going to start 1st August ��
  • Pinkwhisk
    Pinkwhisk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd like to join for £180 please!
    SPC = 079
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :)

Not starting August until the 1st, but blown the July budget, so thought I'd get better organised for August. :D Please can I go down for £400 for August?

The children are off school now, uni is done and building work starts here in a few weeks and we'll need every penny, so I HAVE to be on track now. Doing a food stocktake and meal planning today/tomorrow in preparation, and am doing much more of my shopping at Aldi instead of the dearer shops - had just got out of the habit and am cross with myself for that! :D

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Added and deducted a few things from the online shop, so is now scheduled to be £83.86.

Budget will still be £165
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Wysiwyg49
    Wysiwyg49 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I be in for August? Skipped June/July and stopped counting a bit, but would like to get back on track...

It's a 5 week month if I start on 29th July, so aiming for £350. Stocking up on family meal plans in preparation!
    GC Feb 2019 (to 10th) £397.07/£300
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Hiya - Am in again aiming for £140 25/7-24/8/16

Also spent £7.34 today too.

Hopefully will do better than the previous month where everything went to pot.

Hope all are well.
    SIL
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm desperately back on it this month! £100 for me please! My budget is from 26 July to 25 August.

August Grocery Challenge:
    26/07/16: Tesco £7.75......£92.25 remaining
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • bluesky1989
    bluesky1989 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hello!

Can I go for £375 this month, I'm keeping in mind that it's a 5 week pay month!

Will be starting to batch cook and freeze as I'll be going on maternity leave at the start of September too, exciting!
    DFW beginning 24/06/16 - current balances as of 28/07/16 are:
    £1320 / £1520 Paypal Credit
    £5413 / £6913 BarclayCard
    Total: £6733 / £8433 Hopeful DFD - October 2016!
    Grocery Challenge August: £56 / £375
  • JellyBox
    JellyBox Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 26 July 2016 at 5:37PM
    Options
    I need to start doing this as I've been absent from the forum for a while and spending far too much. Mat pay drops this month and I need to reign it in while I still have money to spend. I am going to be doing a fair bit of batch cooking this month if I can, in preparation for starting solids end of August so I'd like to have a guess budget of £250. This is for 2 adults (baby is breastfed) and 2 cats, and looks like it should be easily doable, but will include all spends on food, household etc. It will not include coffees and cakes out (etc), which will have to come from a separate personal allowance, probably of £100 for the month.

Those amounts are huge, and it should be easy, yet I fear I probably spend a lot lot more than that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure