Claiming against Norwegian Airlines

Options

Comments

• moneysaverz83
    Options
    Yes, I submitted to that address my NBA, to be sure, I've re sent it.

I've also been in online communication with them 'we have made our decision and will not be responding further'.

I have another week to wait for the second NBA, but I shan't be waiting further. They are stupid and useless, so I'm gonna Rob them of my 600 euros. Starting today.

1) I want to check if the delayed incoming flight due to reason they gave is extra ordinary?

'Reason for disruption: This delay was caused by an earlier disruption within our network that had a direct effect on this flight. The original flight was disrupted due to air traffic control restrictions.'

As said, a couple online checker tools said I'm due compensation.

2) is Bott and co still the go to place? How long will the claim take to settle, on average?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) I want to check if the delayed incoming flight due to reason they gave is extra ordinary?

'Reason for disruption: This delay was caused by an earlier disruption within our network that had a direct effect on this flight. The original flight was disrupted due to air traffic control restrictions.'

That's impossible to say. Will probably depend on how much earlier the disruption was.

Also difficult to say how long it will take Bott and Co to settle. Depends on how quick the airline is to respond and how far the claim will go. It's also possible Bott and Co will drop the claim. That's happened 3 out of the 4 times they've agreed to take on a claim for me.
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    I have called upon the services of Mr Bott and co now
  • jpsartre
    Options
    Cool, let us know what the outcome is.
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    Bott feels he wouldn't be able to get compensation for me :(
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What was their reasoning.
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    I provided them with a lot of info initially. What the airline response had been and that I'd sent them an NBA. I wonder if they just gave up straight away.

Should I try elsewhere.

Mr Bott said:

'We're really sorry to tell you that we have reviewed your flight claim and unfortunately we feel that it is unlikely we would be successful in recovering compensation for you on this occasion.

The law states that an airline is not obliged to pay compensation where the disruption was caused by extraordinary circumstances.

It would appear that your flight was affected by an Air Traffic Management Decision and in our opinion a court is likely to consider this to be an extraordinary circumstance.

Under these circumstances we won't be able to progress with your claim any further.'
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Isnt the delayedness of the incoming flight irrelevant? ie they knew it was delayed, they could have leased a replacement plane to take you if they had wanted to.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    Should I try another solicitor?

They had a reference number for me before. I may try Bott again with a fresh claim and this time give them zero information.
  • jpsartre
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Isnt the delayedness of the incoming flight irrelevant? ie they knew it was delayed, they could have leased a replacement plane to take you if they had wanted to.

Lease a new aircraft on a few hours notice? I doubt many courts would find that a reasonable expectation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure