Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    And me.. hope radio silence is because everything is going smoothly x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Robin posted on Mooloo's thread this morning - I assume everything is going smoothly and all her energy is used on Musketeer!!!
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely to read your updates, hope the rain hasn't hampered happy times
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Robin
    Sorry i haven't been around to see your reply.
    I didn't mean bother the doctor about your ME, i meant bother him about the other symptoms that you are assuming perhaps are ME but actually may not be. If you get swelling in your legs again, you REALLY should get your kidneys checked out. And now we ahem are getting older, you should be checked regularly for being insulin resistent/diabetic. Sorry if i am preaching for the choir, but it is something like 60% of people with diabetes don't realise until they start having problems with their peripheries:eek::eek:. Like I said forget it if you do do it, but if you don't go get yourself an MOT whilst you are there.
    cheers
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello MSE World, :hello:

Thank you to everyone who has popped in.. :T

Sorry I haven't had much to say here for the past six weeks; RL has taken all of my energy and more, one way and another.

A synopsis for anyone who's interested:
    The buyer of DH's flat completed with [literally!] three minutes to spare before his this-is-definitely-the-final deadline. My solicitor was amazing, but had to do 98% of the work - which of course was reflected in her bill. To anyone else buying or selling property in the UK, I would suggest you avoid-like-the-plague any vendor or buyer who wants to use one of those cheap conveyancing companies - I cannot find any suitable polite words to describe how utterly inefficient they were!

Still, it felt wonderful to finally be free of the £250K personal loan which has been hanging around my neck all year!
    Did well in not going on a mad spending spree once the pressure was off, but it's been a stressful time for our extended family involving vehicle incidents which has dented the bank balance somewhat.

The least serious event was that I found m'self caught in a crash-for-cash scam. Luckily have comprehensive insurance so they are dealing with it. I may have to give evidence at some point.

The worst incident didn't affect me too badly although DS1 was very upset; he had to fly back from holiday to attend the funeral of one of his close friends who perished in a horrific crash.

Am currently sitting next to our casualty from the third accident; Grandpup was very lucky to survive being tossed aside by a hit and run driver; a hind leg has been very badly smashed up and one side of his head was scalped - how he didn't lose the eye or suffer extensive internal damage we'll never know - but he now has a lot of very expensive metal reinforcing his back leg, and looking after him while DS3 and GGF are working has completely changed the plans I had for the summer. Poor GrandPup is really not enjoying enforced crate-rest which offers him the best chance of healing, although he loves some of the "enrichment" tricks I'm using to help keep him occupied quietly (the crate takes up an awful lot of room in camper-van).

Afraid I've lost sight of m' spending over the last month: The best diet [for both dogs!], healing holistic supplements, puzzle toys and helping with the vet's bill.. Oh dear..
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good to hear from you Robin. How awful about grandpup thank goodness he survived.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Knit_Witch
    Options
    Oh dear *Robin* RL really did take a swing at you and yours didn't it!

Yay to the property selling :j:j:j but not good on anything else (poor Grandpup and poor you!)
    Must use my stash up!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wow what a lot of happenings

Hugs for pup and the rest of you
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors