Options
    Sorry to read of recent events. Thoughts are with you and your family Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Dansmam
    Dansmam Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ouuch grand pup, keep getting well, with get well hugs from the lurcher lad. So sorry you've been through the wars Robin and hope DS1 is ok after that awful shock, but what a relief itmust have been to be rid of that mahoosive loan.
    Glad to find you're back- looking forward to more updates when you have time and energy to post.
    Celebrating here today- the beaches are all open to dogs again, after the irritating summer dog ban. Off to stride out!
    I have borrowed from my future self
    The banks are not our friends
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the all the traumatic events in recent weeks Robin. Thinking of you all.
    Hugs.
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Robin
    Have been thinking of you the last few days. Hope things are going better now.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Robin
    I hope that you are having a lovely time in the UK and that house situations have resolved.
    hugs
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Another one thinking of you. Hope life is going smoothly for you all x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Good morning MSE World, :hello:

It's been a long time.. Thank you to everyone who has thought kindly of self & Dear Dawg occasionally, am sure your good wishes helped me through the summer's troughs (there were quite a few!):
    I have been rather ill while getting my dodgy tooth sorted out; allergic reaction to antibiotics unleashed a cascade of new medical issues.
    The solicitors on both sides were making so many mistakes I dared not leave finishing off the various legal transactions in DS4's well-meaning but inexperienced hands - which was the right decision as it turned out.
    Had to delay our long journey South three times - once on the morning of departure - due to problems with the van (have no suitable words for the garage which MOTd it with a fault that would have killed us before we got to the ferry - had told them about the symptom when they checked it beforehand, but my misgivings were dismissed).

On the plus side; have sorted out new POAs, van should now be fit for the next 10,000 miles, it's been lovely spending time with DS4 - and earlier with DS3, GGF and Grandpup (who is once again bouncing around, fully recovered from his terrible ordeal).
    Got Musketeer DNA tested, which has confirmed my suspicion; he does have the faulty Dalmation gene [from one grandparent] that means he's at life-long risk of developing crystals in his urine - he is indeed a lucky dawg to have found himself a new home where it will be monitored and problems hopefully avoided (through good diet and the appropriate supplements).

Now it's time to brave today's inclement weather and go for a walk, before setting off on the road again - have a camp-site booked tonight but must arrive before dark. :)
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Robin :D

So nice to see you back on here again... strangely enough, I was thinking of you just the other night and some other folks who haven't been around the board recently

Hugs to you and the dawgs
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Great to have you back Robin! You’ve been a big miss Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,306 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Another one who thought about you today and hoped all was ok. So pleased you're ok, good to hear from you xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport