We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Where do you keep your doggy

Options

Comments

• rammy007
    rammy007 Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    moj1966 wrote: »
    when I go out my two are crated seperatly.
    I have a staffie and a bulldog they are not left more the 2.5 hours.
    They are more then happy to go into there crates when told.
    Ours too!But if we go out for a longer time they stay in the kitchen where there is a dog flap so they can go out if they want too.Mine are very happy to use the crate and go and lie in it when were in cos they think its their bed.
  • belfast_child
    Options
    i never leave my dogs in the house unless im only nipping out for an hour or so, or the weathers bad ie very cold, icy or snowing. the majority of the year they go outside during the day into a fenced off area we made for them. it measures approx 15ft square. it has a small shed in it with a stable door. we leave the bottom door open and they have duvets and beds in there and spend most of the day snoring in the shed or stretched out in the sun. i work 6 hrs a day, and they sleep in the kitchen at night. when we re home they have the run of downstairs. i think dogs prefer to be outside in the sun and fresh air rather than cooped up all day
    :beer:
    member number 240 in da norn irn club

:beer: :beer:
  • GracieP
    GracieP Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    We leave the dogs in the kitchen and they have a doggie flap to go out into the garden whenever they want to.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    nickiboop wrote: »
    :confused: during the day when you are at work?

We have an 11 mth old Lab and we currently keep him in the conservatory / dining room. would he be better outside in our securly enclosed yard with a kennel? :confused:

Are you having problems with him chewing things while you are out? My BIL has a young lab, she chews everything whilst they are out, cushions, skirting etc. They had to keep her crated and my FIL pops in to let her out.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • kit
    kit Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    Options
    I have a 2 year old Lab. When we go out, and overnight, she has the use of the conservatory and the garden. I leave the conservatory door open for her to go in and out as she pleases. I will get her a kennel for the winter as it will be too cold to leave the door open!
    There are 2 reasons I do this.... 1. I grew up on a farm and our dogs slept in the outhouse never in the house and 2. she chews things if left alone in the house!
    2012 wins approx £11,000 including 5k to spend on a holiday :j
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    Mutt has the run of most of the house apart from the bedrooms. Spare room 2 is where i keep the reps so that door is shut, Spare room 1 is the lodgers room so its up to him if he leaves the door open or closed. My room stays shut since he pee'd on my bed.

From what i can guess he spends his time asleep on the sofa, chewing something in the hall or on the back of the sofa like a mountain goat barking at anything and everything.
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    Erm, our dogs have the run of the house when no-one is in. At night they sleep in our room in their bed in the corner. But they wait for us to drop off to sleep and creep onto our bed. Hehe
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anywhere but upstairs, I won't allow them upstairs and also Megan can't manage the stairs to well anyway because of her age, has tried and fell down so safer to keep downstairs anyway. Wouldn't have them outside, another one who gets filthy looks when I try to get them to go out for a wee when it is raining. Their 'room' at the minute is a long hall way which they tend to stay in when we are out or in bed.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • arlybarly
    Options
    my little old dog chloe has the run of the house when im at work,she is only little nad sleeps on my setee or on my bed with the cats who she is not to popular with at the moment as she keeps humping them leaving them very wet and bedraggled. forgot to say she is an absolutely useless guard dog as she runs and licks anyone who comes to the door. she farts all the time and as we live next door to fields she loves to roll in either fox sh.t or cow pats.
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our Weimaraner had the run of the house Had a bungalow then) never allowed on beds or other furniture and never tried - or so we thought!! Kept coming home and finding a dent in the bedding on the spare bed which was in a south facing room but never caught him 'at it' as he always heard the car and got down. One day didn't take car and walked home so peeped in the window and there he was on his back, on the bed in the sun. I hammered on the window and yelled at him - nearly gave him a heart attack but he didn't do it again (coz I used to shut the door!!!):rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport