Where do you keep your doggy

Options
:confused: during the day when you are at work?

We have an 11 mth old Lab and we currently keep him in the conservatory / dining room. would he be better outside in our securly enclosed yard with a kennel? :confused:
Only two big facts are known for certain: you are on a large, spinning rock hurtling through lonely space at about 67,000 mph, and one day your body is going to die. Will a new pair of shoes really help? :p

Weight at lightbulb moment 13 7lb
goal for Christmas 12 7lb! :rotfl:

Comments

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    I'll be watching this with a lot of interest! Thanks for asking the question.....
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I worry too much about my dogs being stolen so don't leave them outside unattended. I am a stay at home Mum now so the dogs aren't left alone for long periods of time but we have had the odd period where they have had to stay at home whilst we were working and they can become destructive so we confined them to our back room (next to the garden but not a conservatory - too hot) with the radio on for company. Can you get a neighbour to look in on him/her or let him out into the garden whilst you are out? Also my dogs are heat/cold sensitive and hate the rain so outside would not be a good option for my too!
    Having said all this my little pup has been snoring her head off for the last 3 hours outside on the swing bench with the big padded cushions! Best get her in its time for tea!
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • virgin_moneysaver
    Options
    our ESS likes her spot on top of the stairs as she can survey her empire, but it wouldn't make much difference where she is as she's asleep before she hits the ground - in fact I'm lucky in that my hubby isn't a snorer but we have to wake the hound as we can't hear the TV over her snoring
  • Penny_Watcher
    Options
    Dogs are shut downstairs when I go out. They have three rooms to go at, but usually sit on the sofa so that they can see the road through the window and can [strike]bark at any passing pedestrian[/strike] protect the house from burglers :o.

I used to leave them in the garden when the weather was nice until I came home one day to find that Black Bob the Delinquent Dog had barged his way through a 7ft wooden gate and had been down the road to visit the neighbours. :eek: Bad Bob!!!!!!

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • bulchy
    bulchy Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Ours get the run of the house on the rare occasions they're left, the only doors that get closed are which ever rooms the cats are sleeping in, as I dont like to leave them all together. I once found my weimaraner using one of the cats as a pillow, they looked so cute, but made me worry that he could accidently harm one of my cats :rotfl: so darent take the risk.
    Sue
  • moj1966
    Options
    when I go out my two are crated seperatly.
    I have a staffie and a bulldog they are not left more the 2.5 hours.
    They are more then happy to go into there crates when told.
  • before_hollywood
    Options
    the ugly wretch, i mean my 18 month old golden lab has the kitchen to herself, if we gave her the front room/dining room she could quite easily ruin the sofas or dining table and chairs, so she gets the kitchen where she can't cause any damage
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
    BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    My two dobermans have the run of the house and are able to go out into the garden through a home-made dog flap (A4 size!)

Sparkly
  • oldMcDonald
    Options
    Our two springers are rarely left alone, but on the odd ocasion they are we shut them in the kitchen.

I would never leave them out in case they got out - or drove the neighbours mad by barking at anyone passing by.
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    my dog has the run of the kitchen and hall when theres no one in the house, least that way its the least place he can do any damage since hes still only 9 months old but to be fair to him he chews stuff but not furniture, give him a plastic bottle and hes happy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure