Music Magpie - Warning

145679

Replies

  • evansgroupevansgroup Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    I sent MM a working HTC phone. I couldnt check emails for a time. I now find they have offered me £7 instead of £75 ish. Because i didn't reply within 4 days I have lost my working HTC and £65. Apparently it had screen burn???? Currently raising a complaint as I believe that their T and Cs are appalling and put consumers at a distinct disadvantage, particularly when expecting customers to respond to electronic communication within 4 days. Won't be recommending MM or using them again, feel completely ripped off....lets hope they respond to my complaint within 45 seconds, as that was in my T and C's!!!
    I fell for the advert speil and went through half a book and game collection 95% of them were of no use to them the other 5% they offered literally pennies each for total of £3.67.
    Icluding new console games I just quit the app and took them to the charity shop !!
  • Chopsy13Chopsy13 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hello I sent 4 phones to music magpie I’m one box. I got my Hermes parcel receipt and then tracking shows that it has disappeared. Hermes won’t help at all and Music magpie are being awful. I have looked on the selling page. It says put the items you are selling into a box any box will do / on their help page it says can I send multiple items and the answer from music magpie is yes as long as it does t weigh more than 15kg - now the phones have gone missing they say you are  allowed to send more than one in a box but they can’t direct me to where it says this on their website. They seem he’ll bent on being awful 
    please can anyone help as I’m now out of pocket by £200 
  • Weeyin74Weeyin74 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I recently gave to lots of media to MusicMagpie and they are continually saying my bank details are wrong even though the details are correct. Even gave them a different bank account and still the same. They won’t issue a cheque even though it’s one of their payment options. I’m seriously at a loss as to why two bank accounts are being “bounced back” and hacked off now 
  • edited 12 July 2020 at 7:53PM
    peterbell_2peterbell_2 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 July 2020 at 7:53PM
    Last week I sent them an iPhone 6S Plus in A grade condition. Had been in a Spigen protective case since new and had always been fitted with a glass screen protector. Removed the screen protector before sending to confirm no damage and the screen was flawless as expected. Was originally offered £110 but got an email saying the phone was 'bent beyond repair' which is complete rubbish. I declined their reduced offer of £20 and received my phone back on Saturday. First thing I spotted was a large scratch on the screen around 3 inches long like somebody had purposely scribbled on it (it's not a straight line) using a sharp implement. This definitely wasn't there when I sent it. And as for bent beyond repair, the mind boggles. I've emailed them with a picture of the scratch and asked to be recontacted urgently. I used MM because of their Trust Pilot rating but it seems that isn't worth the paper it's written on. Has anybody successfully challenged MM and had their complaints resolved satisfactorily? And if so, how did you do it?    
  • ScarlettScarlett Forumite
    315 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Last week I sent them an iPhone 6S Plus in A grade condition. Had been in a Spigen protective case since new and had always been fitted with a glass screen protector. Removed the screen protector before sending to confirm no damage and the screen was flawless as expected. Was originally offered £110 but got an email saying the phone was 'bent beyond repair' which is complete rubbish. I declined their reduced offer of £20 and received my phone back on Saturday. First thing I spotted was a large scratch on the screen around 3 inches long like somebody had purposely scribbled on it (it's not a straight line) using a sharp implement. This definitely wasn't there when I sent it. And as for bent beyond repair, the mind boggles. I've emailed them with a picture of the scratch and asked to be recontacted urgently. I used MM because of their Trust Pilot rating but it seems that isn't worth the paper it's written on. Has anybody successfully challenged MM and had their complaints resolved satisfactorily? And if so, how did you do it?    
    I had the same experience, and emailed the CEO directly to complain. My email was passed to the head of customer service, who asked me to send my phone back and then he honoured the original quote. Will never trust them again though!
  • peterbell_2peterbell_2 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks Scarlett. Do you know the name of the CEO and this person's email address please? 
  • edited 12 July 2020 at 10:47PM
    SilvertabbySilvertabby Forumite
    7K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 July 2020 at 10:47PM
    I sent MM a working HTC phone. I couldnt check emails for a time. I now find they have offered me £7 instead of £75 ish. Because i didn't reply within 4 days I have lost my working HTC and £65. Apparently it had screen burn???? Currently raising a complaint as I believe that their T and Cs are appalling and put consumers at a distinct disadvantage, particularly when expecting customers to respond to electronic communication within 4 days. Won't be recommending MM or using them again, feel completely ripped off....lets hope they respond to my complaint within 45 seconds, as that was in my T and C's!!!
    I fell for the advert speil and went through half a book and game collection 95% of them were of no use to them the other 5% they offered literally pennies each for total of £3.67.
    Icluding new console games I just quit the app and took them to the charity shop !!
    We tried with books and cds - and ended up with a similar offer to you.  At least our local charity shop were pleased with our donation.
    As far as MM is concerned, I'm inclined to think that if you offered them a brand new, unopened, gadget/game/etc  they would still only pay peanuts for it.  

  • edited 12 July 2020 at 9:10PM
    ScarlettScarlett Forumite
    315 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 12 July 2020 at 9:10PM
    Thanks Scarlett. Do you know the name of the CEO and this person's email address please? 
    Steve Oliver, steve at musicmagpie.co.uk
    https://www.!!!!!!/s.php?id=ceo-10675
    ceoemail dot com is the missing bit of the URL
  • peterbell_2peterbell_2 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    THANK YOU Scarlett!!!
  • peterbell_2peterbell_2 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    I didn't need to contact their CEO in the end. MI on Twitter sorted this out. Oddly, they didn't put up any resistance so I presume they found some form of evidence to validate my claim. Anyhow, the full price has now been received so I'm satisfied with the outcome (if not the journey!) 
Sign In or Register to comment.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES