Music Magpie - Warning

Replies

• janleekejanleeke Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I was offerered £135 for my iphone 7 which was in perfect condition. I sent it off in a secure box and packaging. They emailed to say it had a crack and will offer £25 - there was no crack at all when I sent it. I have checked negative reviews and they all say the same thing has happened to them. They have a high positive rating but that is probably cause they are selling phones they've conned people out of rather cheaply.

/they offered to send pictures of the crack but it's pointless as I know when I sent it itt was perfect.
  • Absolute con artists, was offered £115 for my phone which was sent to them in 100% mint condition only to have an email reducing it down to £40 because the screen was cracked.... dozens of emails later and they simply will not accept responsibility either by their handler or courier, have since sent me back a worthless phone. We have used them numerous times previously and would think customer loyalty would go somewhere, but no. Never ever use them again.
  • worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant company for me! I've bought 100's of proper cheap CD's, usually 2 for £3 delivered. Also bought an Iphone 6 and it was (and still is) as good as brand new.
  • Sent my iPhone 7 to Music Magpie offer price £135. I received an email back a few days later with a revised offer of £40.71 because my screen was cracked. The phone I sent had a few surface scratches on the back of the phone (gloss black) apart from this it was in tip top condition. I sent it in its original Apple box, which was inside another box and taped up for extra padding. There is no way the screen could have been damaged and must have been damaged on receipt. In fact when I rejected the offer the phone was sent back in its original box which showed no signs of damage. Having read other reviews since I see this happens quite regularly.
    Do not send your phone or gadgets to Music Magpie!!!
  • Madmike48Madmike48 Forumite
    35 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    I bought a phone off them last Sunday £170 pound the phone was sent to me Tuesday and I couldn't here other person so I messaged them right away and was told to send it back. I sent it back Wednesday and they got it Friday. So I message them asking how long before I get a replacement handset or refund. Was told 5/7 days as they need to inspect the broken phone they sent me.. So I been 2 weeks with no phone and no money. I just hope they sort this out and if so I will update this post..
    But I learnt now not to buy off them and not to recommend friends or family..
  • Very poor customer service
    Very poor customer service. My parcel got stuck with hermes for almost 3 weeks. I have raised with both hermes and Magpie, no traction from any of them. Offer reduced as 14days passed and the fact that magpie site changed the model of the phone (recorded screen available) and didn't accept any liability even if both delivery escalation and their website were in their control.
    I'll never use them
  • I really wish that I had read this thread a few weeks ago.
    I sent my 2 year old Galaxy S9+ (128GB) to MM after a contract upgrade and them quoting me £241, I then receive an email within hours of them receiving it to say that it had screen burn and they would only offer me £49!!

I know that this wasn't the case as I had been using it until the day I sent it to them and there was nothing wrong with it, luckily I took pictures and a video of it in working order as they were trying to make out I didn't know what screen burn is (I used to work in a phone shop, so I used to see people bring their phones in with it etc), anyway after them not backing down, even after I sent them proof that screen burn didn't exist I declined their offer. :mad:
    Got my phone back yesterday and took into O2 and got £180 as they said it was in perfect working order!!!
  • ZandertZandert Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Was offered 250 for my samsung s9+ sent it away and was told there was fault and was offered £50 asked them to return and to my amazement sent back different phone trying hard to get phone back but hitting brick wall now have trading standards involved see pics below is one I got back
    This is one I sent  see if can spot the difference 
    they have copied my imei and serial number to the one they sent back be very aware will update with any further news
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zandert said:
    Was offered 250 for my samsung s9+ sent it away and was told there was fault and was offered £50 asked them to return and to my amazement sent back different phone trying hard to get phone back but hitting brick wall now have trading standards involved see pics below is one I got back
    This is one I sent  see if can spot the difference 
    they have copied my imei and serial number to the one they sent back be very aware will update with any further news
    Got anything to substantiate the claims here ?
    A serious allegation.
  • edited 10 March 2020 at 9:45PM
    ZandertZandert Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 10 March 2020 at 9:45PM
    Zandert said: yes this s serious and may be a mistake on there behalf but they are not accepting the fact I sent the one with the CE markimgs and they sent back one without ce markings  with my imei code in phone you can check you tube this is easily done on andriods I have not asked for money only the phone which I saved and paid  for to be sent back to me