PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

I have started Christmas Hamper goody making now - hope you don't' mind me posting a couple of photo's.
    First one is Caramelised Red Onions, Crystalised Orange Peel dipped in Chocolate and Chocolate Puddles with fruit and seeds.
    F9B0979E-64A1-4F91-8E78-120BA30DA836_zpsfjgqiuaf.jpg

The second, a homemade gift for my youngest and his GF - Max is a Ginger and Charley is a dolly rocker, so I just had to do this - my other 2 are getting the same, with their and their GF/BF's initials with a photo of them as a couple and I will do a special one for Hubby

5C7168DE-FFD2-42C3-91CB-DEA5809F1736_zpsxpwwxarn.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • myonlysunshine
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have started Christmas Hamper goody making now - hope you don't' mind me posting a couple of photo's.
    First one is Caramelised Red Onions, Crystalised Orange Peel dipped in Chocolate and Chocolate Puddles with fruit and seeds.
    F9B0979E-64A1-4F91-8E78-120BA30DA836_zpsfjgqiuaf.jpg

The second, a homemade gift for my youngest and his GF - Max is a Ginger and Charley is a dolly rocker, so I just had to do this - my other 2 are getting the same, with their and their GF/BF's initials with a photo of them as a couple and I will do a special one for Hubby

5C7168DE-FFD2-42C3-91CB-DEA5809F1736_zpsxpwwxarn.jpg

Hi there! I've been trying to find that troll print everywhere! Would you mind telling me where it's from pretty please?! Your stuff looks great by the way 😊👍🏻
    Second purse £34.75/£50.00
    Third purse £0.00

Paying £5.00 a week in second purse

Total stockpile value
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My only sunshine- love the name, our cats are Eric and Ernie always makes me smile :)

The original print is from John Lewis, I took a photo of the print to make this one, if that makes sense :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • myonlysunshine
    Options
    Thanks Island Maid! I used to sing You are my sunshine to both my boys as babies so makes me smile too, although they cried a lot when I sang haha:rotfl::rotfl:
    Second purse £34.75/£50.00
    Third purse £0.00

Paying £5.00 a week in second purse

Total stockpile value
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    Seriously pondering putting up the Christmas deccos this weekend... I grew up in a household where the decs went up about the 18th, and came down on the 2nd or 3rd. I never felt like I got long enough to enjoy them!
    Since moving into my own place, I've always put them up the weekend closest to the 1st Dec... And while that's technically NEXT weekend, THIS weekend is a quiet one at home, where I'd have the time to do it, and NEXT weekend is already filling up... I'd much rather spend a leisurely afternoon, with a glass of wine, getting on with it, than feeling like I can't enjoy it because I have loads of other things to do!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was toying with the idea of getting decorations out this weekend but much as I love fairy lights I just can't risk it with our little one.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    I always put mine up on December 1st when my daughter was small as that`s her birthday.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm going to fill our LO's advent calendar this evening but that's where the festive spirit ends I'm afraid.

I have decided not to go into the loft to retrieve the decorations this year - little point with inquisitive little fingers and also I won't be around for half of December! I may buy a new wreath for outside, although I know I already have one. Not v MSE but exceptionally lazy, I know!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I've put my tree and lights up already and it's cheered me up a lot.:D
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our tree should be going up on the 3rd, I can't wait! :j

I am mostly done with presents; I just need to get a few more small bits here and there. I love picking things up in the sales to 'bulk up' presents with!

My Christmas cards are already written and at my mum's (did it the last time I was up - in OCTOBER! - when I hadn't the slightest notion of even mentioning Christmas!). It's insane, but they deliver their cards on 1st Dec, so I had to do it then or they wouldn't have been delivered!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure