PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am hoping to donate a lot of advent calendars to my local food bank. I have also volunteered to help at one of their supermarket sessions in December.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    Help please OSers with kiddywinkses:

At approximately what age do children grow out of a) sticker books b) colouring books?

Seen some bargains, but need to know if they're appropriate.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

At approximately what age do children grow out of a) sticker books b) colouring books?

No idea - an guessing about 6/7 for colouring books, much older for stickers depending on the type? - but I'd like to know where the bargain sicker books can be found :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Been shopping today for most of the raw ingredients for my hamper gifts - I am making

* Homemade Fudge – various flavours and designs
    * Homemade Stawberry Jam
    * Homemade Truffles – again various flavours and designs
    * Homemade Chocolate Bark – various again
    * Homemade Lemon Curd
    * Homemade Flavoured oils
    * Homemade Savoury and Sweet spiced/caramelised nuts
    * Homemade Mini Christmas Cakes
    * Homemade Christmas Shortbreads
    * Homemade Krispie rice treats – various Christmas styles for adults and kids
    * Homemade Christmas Cupcakes for work colleagues

The list is more for me than for the thread, means I have GOT to make them now ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options

Stepgdd is 8 & she still asks for pencils and colouring book when she visits so think it depends on the child especially as they now have those mindfulness adult colouring books teens are getting back into it as long as the pictures are suitable, with stickers I think it depends on the type some never grow out of them.
    Hth

Islandmaid bet it's going to smell delish in your kitchen in the run up to Christmas
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • lesleyb
    lesleyb Posts: 159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    No idea - an guessing about 6/7 for colouring books, much older for stickers depending on the type? - but I'd like to know where the bargain sicker books can be found :)

Argos have Minions, Star Wars and Frozen books and bits starting at 9p, very store specific, nothing much in London. There is a big post on another website ;)
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My local Toscos is selling Christmas socks for 50p, we usually get some for my mother in law so ended up buying 5 pairs and will distribute to various friends and family over christmas. I am very tempted to go back and buy the ones remaining.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's just me, a plastic tray and dinner for one... so not pushing any boat out :)

Between now and then I have to buy a turkey breast about 2 days before Xmas, veggies will be frozen, I might make a yorkie or might just use 2 ready-cooked ones, bit of stuffing, 2 roasties and a roast parsnip. Bit of gravy ... and a paper hat.

I'll get the tree out on 1 December and will probably spend about £5 in Poundland between now and Xmas buying a few more sparkly bits to hang on/around it.
  • Handbag59
    Options
    Anyone seen the John Lewis advert yet? I must say I prefer the Kevin the carrot one from Aldi
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 November 2016 at 8:52PM
    Options
    Same here Handbag - Kevin the Carrot rocks... even the 'fake' snow globe advert was better ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family