Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
1.9K replies 269.7K views

Replies

• KLHughesKLHughes Forumite
    68 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    helzyb said:
    Still no news! Dreaded CML form was sent back on Monday (3rd attempt). Valuation was fine on Friday. Hoping to hear tomorrow.

just keeping my fingers crossed they don’t ask for anything else....

They were really quick once valuation was done with us so could be tomorrow🤞 Actually its on 3pm today could still be the day! x 
    68 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    *only not on🤦‍♀️
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    We just got our offer so pleased x
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Our story/timeline in case it helps anyone.

History - several defaults 2 unsettled 2-3 years ago. Both is secure employment with fair salary’s. 5% deposit and HTB.
    Oh and I have an overdraft that I use regularly but within limit.

29/4/21 ATP with HTB granted (took 4 days)
    30/4/21 full application submitted
    Broker very thorough went through bank statements etc to support application and asked all questions prior to submitting,
    7/5/21 first questions: completion/exchange dates and asked for disclosure form.
    14/5/21 valuation instructed - disclosure form rejected needed completing again (that happened 2-3 times)
    21/5/21 valuation completed 
    23/5/21 disclosure form sent back again 
    26/5/21 Mortgage offer 
    Hoping to complete at the end of June x 

Good luck I found the process stressful but they were really good.
    68 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    helzyb said:
    Brilliant!!! Congratulations!!!
  • angievagaangievaga Forumite
    29 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    helzyb said:
    Congratulations 🥳 that’s great news.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get paperwork from them? Xx
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Thank you x I’ve read on here about a week x
  • Awil31Awil31 Forumite
    11 Posts
    10 Posts
    Hello,
    I'm self employed and currently applying for a mortgage with precise, it's a joint application with my fiancé and she isn't currently working as she's currently at part time university and looks after our two young girls, we do receive help from universal credit. Anyone had any experience with a situation similar to mine?

I'm getting nervous as everyone seems to be saying it's impossible for self employed to get a mortgage at the minute.

We've reserved a plot £171,995 on the Help to buy scheme. I am usually the well grounded one but my bottles totally gone haha.

Congratulations on the success stories.
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Awil31 said:
    Hello,
    I'm self employed and currently applying for a mortgage with precise, it's a joint application with my fiancé and she isn't currently working as she's currently at part time university and looks after our two young girls, we do receive help from universal credit. Anyone had any experience with a situation similar to mine?

I'm getting nervous as everyone seems to be saying it's impossible for self employed to get a mortgage at the minute.

We've reserved a plot £171,995 on the Help to buy scheme. I am usually the well grounded one but my bottles totally gone haha.

Hi

i would say make sure you get a good broker. Ours was no mortgage no fee so we don’t have to pay until we complete. I think from what I have read that if your mortgage broker puts you forward you have a good chance.
  • MelandpaulMelandpaul Forumite
    58 Posts
    10 Posts
    Awil31 said:
    Hello,

If affordability is OK and your broker had put you for it.. you should be OK. I think I read on this thread someone who had got a morgage in similar situation to you.