Collective Switch

Options

Comments

• nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2016 at 5:39PM
    Options
    Using laptop still doesn't bring up the screen above just the same screen as the iPad app. Have tried entering reading again and have recvd email advising me that BG have recvd reading.
    Perhaps the screen above doesn't come up if you've already entered the meter point number using the app.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Using laptop still doesn't bring up the screen above just the same screen as the iPad app. Have tried entering reading again and have recvd email advising me that BG have recvd reading.
    Perhaps the screen above doesn't come up if you've already entered the meter point number using the app.

Hi NickCC - could you try this link?
    https://www.britishgas.co.uk/youraccount/discover/submit-meter-reading.html
  • nickcc
    Options
    Ok tried that and it seems to have worked, thanks.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 1 March 2016 at 8:29PM
    Options
    Have applied for this .
    Gas has gone through but a problem with electric.
    Or is it the other way round!!!!
    Why is nothing ever ever straightforward!.
    I could do without the stress :(

Hopefully I will get my MSE badge from MSE badger though :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • camhan
    camhan Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I have received at least 5 messages saying that "we are sorry we could not process your meter reading" I have even telephoned the collective number and given my readings, but still they are not showing on my account!. Very frustrating.
  • nickcc
    Options
    camhan wrote: »
    I have received at least 5 messages saying that "we are sorry we could not process your meter reading" I have even telephoned the collective number and given my readings, but still they are not showing on my account!. Very frustrating.

Try the link on Dans post 62, seems to have worked for me.
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    British_Gas_Rep_Matt Posts: 179 Organisation Representative
    Options
    BassBunny wrote: »
    Having the same problem as most with the BG switch. Multiple emails changing the gas switching date. According to the collective switching team there is a "bug" in the gas process. Although it appears that the your current supplier is rejecting the transfer, that is not the case.
    A fix going in tomorrow and transfer will be in 10 days. That is the information I was given after a call to BG last night.

Hi BassBunny, we have had a hiccup which has delayed around 6000 customers switching their gas to us. It's certainly not how we'd want to welcome anyone to us but our technical boffins are aware of the problem and will be writing to everyone affected to let them know we're sorting this out.
    If you'd like me to check your account, please just pop your details on an email to talktous@britishgas.co.uk, including your MSE Username & MSE Forums in the subject heading. Cheers, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    Options
    Ya1e wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I've done a "wrongun" with joining the collective switch.

Had various welcome emails with various switch dates.

Had one yesterday saying time for your meter readings. You need meter point numbers as stated on previous emails.
    Wrong!, after searching, not one email had this info.

Then middle of the night I get another with my electric meter point number with time for your reading, your supply will start on such and such and your DD will be x amount. No mention of Gas switch.

Whilst checking my new BG online account there are two electric accounts and one gas ?

Hi Ya1e, the first request to send us a reading should be sent with the email confirming your switch over date. We do send a further email a few days later as a reminder in case you've not already sent your reading in & sounds like the emails may've been sent the wrong way round. It's not the way we'd want you to start with us but stick with us & I'm sure you won't regret the decision. In the meantime, please pop your details on an email to talktous@britishgas.co.uk, including your MSE Username & MSE Forums in the subject heading & I'll check everything's on track for you. Cheers, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    It seems that I've got two different account numbers, one will take the meter read but can't process it and the other one says it's not set up yet.

Perhaps the one is my original account number before my last switch from BG to NPower.

I think I'll just wait for the app to be fixed rather than phone my meter read in as I don't want to risk even more problems.

Hi nickcc, regrettably you won't be able to submit your opening readings via the iPhone or Android App as it’s only designed to submit readings each quarter for bills. You can submit your opening readings by going online from a desktop or laptop computer to https://www.britishgas.co.uk/youraccount/discover/submit-meter-reading.html and select the middle 'submit your reading;' link displayed in the New to British Gas box. Alternatively just pop me an email with your details to talktous@britishgas.co.uk, including your MSE Username and MSE Forums in the subject heading. Cheers, Matt
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    Options
    camhan wrote: »

Hi camham, if you're submitting your opening readings they won't show on your online account straightaway as it takes a few days to get your account fully up & running. Please just pop your details on an email to [email]talktous@britishgas.co,.uk[/email], including your MSE Username in the subject heading & I'll be happy to check we've got them correctly updated. Cheers, Matt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure