Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• abacab
    abacab Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you,your link worked for me.I signed into sky,clicked on the link,and it took me to the free broadband offer.
    My current offer had a month to run,but I've just renegotiated the basic tv package at 50% off for another year,so this will tie the 2 together,which may help next year.Changing isp's can be a pain with billing mistakes,so this will do me!
    There is an offer for free BB just pay line rental at £18.99, go to the help tab, then click on cancel BB and click on going to another provider and an offer should come up, or this may work https://secure.sky.com/downgrades/broadband/offer, there are no discounts for the phone packages at the moment so we're on the 'pay as you go' type plan but use the minutes on our mobiles instead, this is a bit of a pain as reception is not too good at home but as we don't make many calls it will do.

Tv, have a look at the packages and which you want, 60% off last year was good along with £50 account credit, this year I was offered 50% and £20 account credit, as we only watch a few programmes on Sky Atlantic and all the rest are on freeview £11 per month is not worth it as we can get these couple programmes on Now Tv on catch up a few weeks after they've aired and will only be paying for one or two months.

I can't help on Sky Q as we have the old Sky+ box which is starting to become unreliable.

I was disconnected yesterday so if/when I get a better offer I will post here.
  • Graeme1978
    Options
    Like a few of the others here I took out the £30 Sky Q package last year with £100 credit. Just rang to cancel and to be honest would have accepted anything sub £50 but offered me £39 a month to keep the existing package.
  • deanh1
    deanh1 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    currently in my 31 days cancellation.

I have the sky q 2tb box
    s
    1 x sky q mini box

full tv is package Inc sports and cinema

I was paying £41.40 thanks to mse from their offer codes last year.

unable to get anything close out of sky to stay. they have offered me 30% on my sky account. just phoned them up and they are offering 25% saying they don't have any higher deals for q.

really don't want to leave but don't want to pay much more than what I do at min.

anyone had any luck with a similar deal?
  • fryster2006
    Options
    Settled on a 50% discount for 12 months, however it actually discounted by 50% and then a further 25%, so around £15 a month for box sets bundle. This was confirmed by retentions, however now my bill has actually been finalised as going out it has messed up the discount and is now only 25% off. So another nice wait on the phone!
  • SH4RON
    Options
    There is an offer for free BB just pay line rental at £18.99, go to the help tab, then click on cancel BB and click on going to another provider and an offer should come up, or this may work (url as noted in original post), there are no discounts for the phone packages at the moment so we're on the 'pay as you go' type plan but use the minutes on our mobiles instead, this is a bit of a pain as reception is not too good at home but as we don't make many calls it will do.

This is exactly what I did on 03/09/2017. Called today as I couldn't see it in my account and SKY can see an email sent to my previous email address confirming offer, checked old email but I never received it. Even although I was logged into my account with correct email to do this, they tell me they think this is offer for people who only have broadband (no tv) and won't honour deal. :mad::mad::mad: Bear in mind there is nothing active in old email address for me to be able to consider leaving to get offer. I have history with all the url details for the steps I took, but every time I go to them now it takes me to an "ineligible" page (automatically adds this onto end of url I type). I said I could send them it all. Not interested. Gave me advice on how to transfer my broadband elsewhere. They want £23.99 for ordinary broadband but new customers seem to be able to get fibre for £1 more.
    Would complaining really do me any good?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    SH4RON wrote: »
    Would complaining really do me any good?

I sent a written complaint 14 days ago to Edinburgh and still haven't received a reply in any form (they had full contact details) so I'd say no. I don't know if this Sky Sports !!!!-up they've managed to do is keeping them busy but they seem extremely difficult to get hold of at the moment.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    I sent a written complaint 14 days ago to Edinburgh and still haven't received a reply in any form (they had full contact details) so I'd say no. I don't know if this Sky Sports !!!!-up they've managed to do is keeping them busy but they seem extremely difficult to get hold of at the moment.

I assume that you got a certificate of posting or sent it with recorded delivery for the letter. I would also send an em to their ceo Jeremy Darroch. For me, it took them at least 7 days before they responded.

I suggest that you keep phoning them to chase.

HTHs.
  • AmberWH
    AmberWH Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are uncontactable by email (no email address) or by phone (unless you have hours to spend during working hours - and they have removed their phone number from the MySky page of the website and their contact details) and they told me to private message them on Twitter way back in mid-Aug but haven't bothered to reply. Seems to me they are incommunicando. This is on top of massively hiking their charges, giving a worse service than before, overcharging on our bills "in error" and being fined by the advertising authority for misleading people with their products. It's got to be a matter for Off-com. The more of us who complain, the better.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    AmberWH wrote: »
    They are uncontactable by email (no email address) or by phone (unless you have hours to spend during working hours - and they have removed their phone number from the MySky page of the website and their contact details) and they told me to private message them on Twitter way back in mid-Aug but haven't bothered to reply. Seems to me they are incommunicando. This is on top of massively hiking their charges, giving a worse service than before, overcharging on our bills "in error" and being fined by the advertising authority for misleading people with their products. It's got to be a matter for Off-com. The more of us who complain, the better.

The phone number is still there if you go to 'contact us' at the bottom but it depends on which bit you click:

https://contactus.sky.com/uk/account-billing/bills-payments

03300 413 000
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Try em to Jeremy[dot]darroch@bskyb.com.
    '
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income