Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok that's ok....does the landline include any calls etc ?

Only weekends. Not really bothered about calls as I have more minutes than
    I need on my mobile phone plan.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hunsbury0 wrote: »
    I rang retentions but ttheyy did not offer me any good deals, so I gave my 30 days notice to join BT. 3 days latter,
    VM outbound team rang me & offered me this for 12 months to stay with them.

Cheers, wlll have to make sure they have my mobile number as the home number will not work as I don't have a home telephone.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Only weekends. Not really bothered about calls as I have more minutes than
    I need on my mobile phone plan.

Same here....no landline at all.

Unlimited mins.texts on mobile.

But I'd consider taking a landline if it brings price down.
  • hunsbury0
    Options
    Same here....no landline at all.

Unlimited mins.texts on mobile.

But I'd consider taking a landline if it brings price down.

No need to take landline unless you want it. They first tried my landline but I was at work, then they rang my mobile.
    Make sure they have got your mobile number.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,977 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a warning to keep checking bills after you have done the deal. I agreed a price in April and every month since I have had to phone up as the deal agreed wasn't reflected in my bill.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • staffsuk
    staffsuk Posts: 196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Best Broadband Only Deal

So I've been with VM since Nynex days! Anyway I'm out of contract now by a few months. I am currently paying £42 for 70Mb & W/E calls. I have been seriously considering moving to mobile broadband (MiFi) but haven't as yet managed to migrate all of my emails over to a personal domain address - let alone sort out the hundreds of places I have my VM email accounts registered with.

So I'm wondering what are the best deals people have managed to get for BB only (no landline). And have you been able to pay 12 months line rental up front to reduce the monthly cost further?

Thanks!
  • hunsbury0
    Options
    staffsuk wrote: »
    Best Broadband Only Deal

So I've been with VM since Nynex days! Anyway I'm out of contract now by a few months. I am currently paying £42 for 70Mb & W/E calls. I have been seriously considering moving to mobile broadband (MiFi) but haven't as yet managed to migrate all of my emails over to a personal domain address - let alone sort out the hundreds of places I have my VM email accounts registered with.

So I'm wondering what are the best deals people have managed to get for BB only (no landline). And have you been able to pay 12 months line rental up front to reduce the monthly cost further?

Thanks!

I have got 150mb broadband + w/e calls landline - both for £21.00. I was on 100mb but they increased it to 150mb with me even saying that I would be happy with 70mb!
  • staffsuk
    staffsuk Posts: 196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have got 150mb broadband + w/e calls landline - both for £21.00. I was on 100mb but they increased it to 150mb with me even saying that I would be happy with 70mb!

That sounds like a decent deal! How did you get that - and did you pay the line rental up front?
  • marksalderson
    Options
    Just phoned virgin to get a better deal:

Current:

100mb Broadband
    Talk Weekend phone

£49.37 per month

Offer:

100mn broadband
    No phoneline
    upgrade to superhub
    £20 credit to cover activation fee
    £30 credit on first months bill

£34 per month for the first 6 months, then £37 for the remaining 6 months.

What do you think? Am i likely to get an improvement on that deal as i get closer to the end of the notice period?
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    staffsuk wrote: »
    Best Broadband Only Deal

Thanks!
    Ring and cancel i have 150mb evening and weekend calls fun package tv caller id.£30-05p includes line rental.i cancelled a few weeks ago because my free line rental would end in july.Was paying £33 with 100mb.They rang after 2 days and without any arguing knocked £3 off and upped the bb to 150mb Happy days.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback